15225 replies to this topic

#9861 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

Now dear Polly is a retired esteemed accountant with a low quarter to empty glass, and like so many other vultures always scanning for a carcass and if not dead praying for it to die. Motherhood statement like above with no substance.  Follow his advise (buy MCZ or Grand Parade etc.) if you want to wait many many years for a ROI.  So cool how he and religious followers puke on this post and then go do the little girl gossip on his 'help desk' (the gospel choir) - see for yourself how much helpdesk and how much yarra yarra.

Hat off to SNH current management that have relentlessly worked to restore equilibrium to all vested parties amid negative press and the Polly drones.  Leadership has significant Law experience and is playing it by the book and good old SA loves to kick a lying dog.

IMHO SNH still have some challenges, compared to the challenges management conquered these are little humps.

Additionally, in parallel there are significant opportunities now to optimize operations across these federated businesses and make no mistake the retail industry is having a hard time with the slowing worldwide economy.  E-commerce is a major disruption for retail, but SNH have fantastic App in Australia that could be retrofitted across geographies. 

SNH appeal and specifically in the Pepkor line(locally and internationally) caters exactly for the cost aware market and scaling is impressive.  

In the corporate world things don't move that fast because of all the check and balances built in, thus be patient if dates are liquid(the only good advise I have seen from Polly). 

Am well invested in SNH for the long and accumulate when the opportunity occurs because of the potential and specifically management perseverance and bottom line synergies with a clear understanding of risk/reward ratio.

You make your own investment decisions taking into account all known facts and some ambiguous information.

Check insults...then check the pumps....like so easy to invest here and make money...1+1 22      2 +2 =4...  4+4 = 11??? and youll make milllions ...

Did the same for BLU....all talk , all fishing....go see Blu thread....and when price he pumped around R8.00 , i said ll dip in at R4.00.....

Nice to have him back like before and ill take him on...anytime...

Another Guru i warned about!! completely misleads.....

Edited by Polly, 21 March 2019 - 02:52 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9862 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

Oh that Guy Joker Man....i made him previously ( re  SNH , NPN and Blu)and will make him eat every word he said re MCZ , grand Parade)..

Gand Parade is not about roi,,,he doesnt even know the company...and im sitting with a R300000 profit on that one already!!!

MCZ meet him here end of 2020 if he is till here....

Only a person with inferiority complex needs to show how great he is!!!!! I don't care what you did and what you will do. Finish talking will post in time IN YOUR HELP DESK!!!

#9863 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

You and Lionel were the ones that started insulting me calling me a fraud I guess with your arrogance and nastiness there is nothing that drives you away just one of those very painful people maybe a Brexitier!

your nastiness started way back in 2018....See you cant even figure that out!! Moment i said snh going back to zero...

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9864 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Polly I guess you never got to read this one either!!!

Oh that Guy Joker Man....i made him previously ( re  SNH , NPN and Blu)and will make him eat every word he said re MCZ , grand Parade)..

Gand Parade is not about roi,,,he doesnt even know the company...and im sitting with a R300000 profit on that one already!!!

MCZ meet him here end of 2020 if he is till here....

#9865 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

name calling , insults  etc wont drive me away from saying it as it is....You need to live with it....

You and Lionel were the ones that started insulting me calling me a fraud I guess with your arrogance and nastiness there is nothing that drives you away just one of those very painful people maybe a Brexitier!

#9866 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

Now dear Polly is a retired esteemed accountant with a low quarter to empty glass, and like so many other vultures always scanning for a carcass and if not dead praying for it to die. Motherhood statement like above with no substance.  Follow his advise (buy MCZ or Grand Parade etc.) if you want to wait many many years for a ROI.  So cool how he and religious followers puke on this post and then go do the little girl gossip on his 'help desk' (the gospel choir) - see for yourself how much helpdesk and how much yarra yarra.

Hat off to SNH current management that have relentlessly worked to restore equilibrium to all vested parties amid negative press and the Polly drones.  Leadership has significant Law experience and is playing it by the book and good old SA loves to kick a lying dog.

IMHO SNH still have some challenges, compared to the challenges management conquered these are little humps.

Additionally, in parallel there are significant opportunities now to optimize operations across these federated businesses and make no mistake the retail industry is having a hard time with the slowing worldwide economy.  E-commerce is a major disruption for retail, but SNH have fantastic App in Australia that could be retrofitted across geographies. 

SNH appeal and specifically in the Pepkor line(locally and internationally) caters exactly for the cost aware market and scaling is impressive.  

In the corporate world things don't move that fast because of all the check and balances built in, thus be patient if dates are liquid(the only good advise I have seen from Polly). 

Am well invested in SNH for the long and accumulate when the opportunity occurs because of the potential and specifically management perseverance and bottom line synergies with a clear understanding of risk/reward ratio.

You make your own investment decisions taking into account all known facts and some ambiguous information.

Polly I guess you never got to read this one either!!!

#9867 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

name calling , insults  etc wont drive me away from saying it as it is....You need to live with it....

#9868 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

You must be a very nasty person is there a reason why you cannot stop insulting people!!! I feel sorry for your children!!!

LooK in the mirror haha...and youll see the true person you trying to shift blame....

#9869 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

There you go Milo. see what i mean.... :D

You must be a very nasty person is there a reason why you cannot stop insulting people!!! I feel sorry for your children!!!

#9870 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Polly you must sure be joking do you really believe what is said in this forum especially by you has any influence at all in the share price!!!!

You are the only GURU that keeps forcing your opinion and still don't get it only a couple of followers you nurse at your help desk that cares on what you say.

Stick to EOH, Delta Properties Fund you seem to be doing well there!!! 

Everyday we hear the same old thing: (Dooms day profit hiding as Mother Theresa) how much you hate management, SNH going to fall, don't invest here you going to loose all your money surely its enough get a life!!!! 

There you go Milo. see what i mean.... :D

#9871 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Yes yet Polly loves this share!!! Hahaha what a joker!!! This is going to be worse then SNH!!

#9872 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

and if you noticed its these " Gurus" with the high averages that only post on this share...no other share hey interested in...Its called fishing/pumping up the share!!

any negative comments about steinhoff are answered with name calls/insults/attacks and use of strong words like hate , working for tekkie town etc etc....

Anyway with all the warnings given , it  seems they are winning cos lots of fishes here  have been hooked in from this chat room....

Polly you must sure be joking do you really believe what is said in this forum especially by you has any influence at all in the share price!!!!

You are the only GURU that keeps forcing your opinion and still don't get it only a couple of followers you nurse at your help desk that cares on what you say.

Stick to EOH, Delta Properties Fund you seem to be doing well there!!! 

Everyday we hear the same old thing: (Dooms day profit hiding as Mother Theresa) how much you hate management, SNH going to fall, don't invest here you going to loose all your money surely its enough get a life!!!! 

#9873 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

https://www.moneyweb...ancial-results/

#9874 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

and if you noticed its these " Gurus" with the high averages that only post on this share...no other share hey interested in...Its called fishing/pumping up the share!!

any negative comments about steinhoff are answered with name calls/insults/attacks and use of strong words like hate , working for tekkie town etc etc....

Anyway with all the warnings given , it  seems they are winning cos lots of fishes here  have been hooked in from this chat room....

#9875 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

Ok I understand that there is people on here with high averages but why would you and Tom try to kick the share to kingdom come if you not shorting the share? I don’t 

Dont know about Tom but all im trying to say is keep away from this share Milo...Risk is too high...But its your call end of day...its your monies!!

#9876 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

This is from April 2018:

"

German Litigation – Seifert Entities GERMAN PROCEEDINGS • German proceedings in relation to the ultimate ownership interests in POCO are pending • The Seifert related entities (“Seifert Entities”) are contesting the existing forfeiture of their 50% shareholding in POCO by Steinhoff. Steinhoff’s position is that the forfeiture was valid • In addition, the Seifert Entities have brought a separate claim against Steinhoff, by which they are seeking forfeiture of Steinhoff’s 50% shareholding in POCO. Steinhoff is defending this attempted forfeiture • German Courts set high hurdles for forfeiture of shares owned by a fellow shareholder. On the basis of the evidence currently available, it is unclear whether either forfeiture attempt would ultimately be deemed valid by the Courts • Should the Court find either of the forfeitures to be valid, POCO would be liable to pay compensation for the fair market value of those forfeited shares. The quantum of the fair market value would be determined through an expert opinion by an independent valuation appraiser. In the event that POCO did not have sufficient funds to make such payment, each shareholder has already guaranteed to provide POCO with the necessary funds • The first oral hearing in these proceedings is scheduled for 25 April 2018 AMSTERDAM ENTERPRISE CHAMBER • The Amsterdam Enterprise Chamber ruled in February 2018 with regards to accounting treatment (not ownership) that the Company was correct to consolidate POCO as a controlled interest in its 2016 accounts • However, it has ordered that the company amend the 2016 accounts to change its consolidation treatment of POCO from a 100% controlling interest to a 50% controlling interest and release the related settlement liability • The Group intends to comply with the Amsterdam ruling until further clarity is obtained in the German ownership proceedings.

"

I add here that probably the Amsterdam ruling abruptly came at a time, and was influenced by, the bad publicity in the media that Steinhoff was receiving (and Seifert used swiftly to his favour), and so came at a time where Steinhoff should have defended itself in a better way.

I add here that Steinhoff at the time announced that they would anyway appeal the Amsterdam ruling, and still carrying on with the legal battle in Germany which mattered more (but later abruptly retracted).

Futher more, this is also from April 2018:

"
Vienna Litigation – Seifert Entities All litigation referred to in this presentation is sub judice and covered by legal privilege. A provision has previously been raised in respect of the Seifert claims, the adequacy of which is being reviewed as part of the restatement of the Group accounts. Upon advice received, we can not divulge more details at this stage OVERVIEW • AIH Investment Holding AG (“AIH”) is an intermediate holding company which in turn indirectly owns Conforama • There are two legal proceedings regarding AIH pending before the Vienna Commercial Court LOAN CLAIM • The Seifert entities are currently claiming against AIH and Steinhoff Europe AG (“SEAG”) an amount of €249m plus interest and costs in respect of the outstanding portion of c.€300m loan advanced in 2011 • Steinhoff is opposing this claim • The next hearing date is scheduled for early May 2018, with further dates set for 2018 EQUITY CLAIM • The parties at the time (2011) also entered into a convertible loan arrangement. Under this agreement a Seifert entity advanced €70k which it now claims entitles it to a 50% shareholding in AIH • Steinhoff is opposing this claim. This matter is currently on hold pending the finalisation of the taking of evidence or testimony in the loan proceedings referred to above.

"

Yet and after all the announcements (by the the new management), this new management decided to settle the matter, and that arguably can or cannot be ok, have they really settled with him, in other words by including an article in the settlement where both parties (and the entities related to them) are prevented from having any pre-signature claim against the other what so ever.

And so Seifert got the first half of POCO for free (uncontested, unconditional and no pay), and yet in addition to it, also got the second half on discounted price, and Steinhoff new management bragged by announcing a settlement. Just to have him again coming back in 10 months with another claim, and legal battle against Steinhoff, a legal battle that is now (and for the second time) threatening the collapse of the whole group.

SENS:

"
STEINHOFF – SETTLEMENT OF GERMAN LITIGATION WITH SEIFERT ENTITIES
The Company is pleased to announce that, at the Hearing, the Parties agreed, in principle, to
settle the matter on acceptable terms. To this end, it was agreed that the Group would no
longer contest the validity of the forfeiture of the Seifert Entities’ existing 50% interest in POCO.
Furthermore, the Seifert Entities offered to acquire the Group’s remaining interest in POCO

Date: 26/04/2018

"

See:

https://www.biznews....ifert-steinhoff

Edited by Tom, 21 March 2019 - 12:50 PM.

#9877 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

yea milo it is definately a good plus that customers are not boycotting snh. it seems its just the market thats "boycotting" share value and justifiably so

I did notice watch parli, but they are in high profile positions so i would not read much into how snh conducted themselves, rather more on what was said and judging from market reaction, it was not totally destructive, but it was not good either, Infact a huge contrast to last parli

did du preez mention anything about AFS? 

Heather Sonn said to deal with financial statements is critical important for shareholders in April and their first priority.

#9878 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:32 AM

Lionel there is nothing strange read below the reason for the delay: It was in the announcement documents

On 6 February 2019, SEAG filed an application with the Court seeking to have the LSW
Application heard on an expedited basis. SEAG’s application was granted by the Court at a
preliminary hearing of the LSW Application on 14 February 2019 and a two-day substantive
hearing of the LSW Application will take place on the first available Court date in the week
commencing on 25 March 2019. A specific date has not yet been set by the Court for the
substantive hearing of the LSW Application.
The CVA Long-Stop Date in relation to both the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA is currently
5.00pm (London time) on 29 March 2019 (or such later time as may be agreed by the relevant
parties). Both SEAG and SFHG continue to work towards the implementation of the
Restructuring. However, notwithstanding SEAG’s request to have the LSW Application heard
on an expedited basis, it is unlikely that SEAG and SFHG will be in a position to implement
all of the Restructuring Steps set out in the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA on or prior to the
CVA Long-Stop Date.
In addition to the uncertainty around the Court timetable, in order to implement the relevant
provisions of the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA in accordance with their terms, it is
envisaged that the closing of the Restructuring will require several weeks from such time as
all conditions precedent to the Restructuring detailed in the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA
are satisfied (or waived in accordance with the relevant document(s)). Accordingly, SEAG
and SFHG are seeking an extension of the CVA Long-Stop Date which will provide sufficient
time in order to resolve the LSW Application and implement the SEAG CVA and the SFHG
CVA in accordance with their terms.

Yea i read, understand, and am ok with all of it. I do not agree with the way snh is handling this matter w.r.t the promises to the market

Said before, sort out all or most of your kak THEN tell me when to expect info. 

But no drop in the market so am happy with that, i feel  next 2 dys should confirm that tho

#9879 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

Ok I understand that there is people on here with high averages but why would you and Tom try to kick the share to kingdom come if you not shorting the share? I don’t understand the reason behind it. But it does not matter it is good discussions positive and negative comments.  I am not an accountant or in business so I am trying to think out of the box here. I see in all the shopping centres big or small there is a Pep and Ackerman’s and Incredible Connection etc… Good quality shops and busy and I think to myself there is no way it will just shut down. I go to the Mattress Firm website and I am impress with how excellent the products and website etc… is. I am also impressed how Heather Sonn and Louis Du Preez handled the situation in Parliament.  This is the only reason I will keep my shares for a while, so I don’t really care if the business commentators on tv say it is a gamble.

yea milo it is definately a good plus that customers are not boycotting snh. it seems its just the market thats "boycotting" share value and justifiably so

I did notice watch parli, but they are in high profile positions so i would not read much into how snh conducted themselves, rather more on what was said and judging from market reaction, it was not totally destructive, but it was not good either, Infact a huge contrast to last parli

did du preez mention anything about AFS? 

#9880 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

market not even reacting to that sens.......strange

Lionel there is nothing strange read below the reason for the delay: It was in the announcement documents

On 6 February 2019, SEAG filed an application with the Court seeking to have the LSW
Application heard on an expedited basis. SEAG’s application was granted by the Court at a
preliminary hearing of the LSW Application on 14 February 2019 and a two-day substantive
hearing of the LSW Application will take place on the first available Court date in the week
commencing on 25 March 2019. A specific date has not yet been set by the Court for the
substantive hearing of the LSW Application.
The CVA Long-Stop Date in relation to both the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA is currently
5.00pm (London time) on 29 March 2019 (or such later time as may be agreed by the relevant
parties). Both SEAG and SFHG continue to work towards the implementation of the
Restructuring. However, notwithstanding SEAG’s request to have the LSW Application heard
on an expedited basis, it is unlikely that SEAG and SFHG will be in a position to implement
all of the Restructuring Steps set out in the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA on or prior to the
CVA Long-Stop Date.
In addition to the uncertainty around the Court timetable, in order to implement the relevant
provisions of the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA in accordance with their terms, it is
envisaged that the closing of the Restructuring will require several weeks from such time as
all conditions precedent to the Restructuring detailed in the SEAG CVA and the SFHG CVA
are satisfied (or waived in accordance with the relevant document(s)). Accordingly, SEAG
and SFHG are seeking an extension of the CVA Long-Stop Date which will provide sufficient
time in order to resolve the LSW Application and implement the SEAG CVA and the SFHG
CVA in accordance with their terms.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting