15225 replies to this topic

#10561 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:00 PM

EOH has been going the same way as SNH, just slowly, but lots of similarities in the causes.

Today was another disaster for EOH, in a series of disasters that has been hammering the share price, and many big investors have lost confidence in the share, pulled out, and still not coming back.

Would you buy, sell, or hold EOH, and why?

Edited by Tom, 12 February 2019 - 04:02 PM.

#10562 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Analyst: Thursday would be 'logical day' for Tempur Sealy, Matt Firm to announce deal
David Perry, February 11, 2019

NEW YORK — If Tempur Sealy International and Mattress Firm are going to get back together, Tempur Sealy’s earnings release this Thursday “would be a logical day to announce a deal,” an analyst says.

Tempur Sealy is scheduled to report its fourth quarter results before the market opens Thursday, and that release “holds more importance than normal,” says Wedbush in a fourth-quarter preview.

The company says it will be looking for an update on Innovative Mattress Solutions, the retailer in Chapter 11 for which Tempur Sealy is providing debtor-in-possession financing. It is also looking for an update on Mattress Firm.
“As the stay in the … lawsuit against Mattress Firm expires this day and time is running out to strike a new distribution agreement with Mattress Firm and still get products in all Mattress Firm stores by Memorial Day, this would be a logical day to announce a deal, if there is one,” Wedbush wrote.

“We would not rule out a deal still occurring if it is not announced on Thursday, but we would downgrade the near-term probability,” the firm added.

#10563 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

Steinhoff: Now the plaintiff's attorney speaks
Almost 14 months ago, the bomb exploded at Steinhoff and the company had to grant balance irregularities. Thousands of investors lost a lot of money - and filed suit against the company. THE SHAREHOLDER spoke with Maximilian Weiss of Tilp Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH.

THE SHAREHOLDER: Mr. Weiss, what is the state of affairs regarding Steinhoff?

Maximilian Weiss: We have a stage victory and a downer. The downer is that we lost time. My impression is that Steinhoff relies on trial misdemeanor before the district court of Frankfurt am Main. Deliveries to Steinhoff turned out to be difficult, which is due to Steinhoff: A proposal from us, which would have led to a significant acceleration, met with a rejection. Steinhoff has also repeatedly requested exceptionally long extensions - and despite our protest also received.

And the stage victory?

The wind has now turned. A chamber of the district court has clearly stated that no further extension of the deadline has been granted and that Steinhoff must respond to our claim by the end of February and give its opinion. My impression is that now the court has lost patience. So we will find out before the publication of the corrected balance sheets in April 2019, how Steinhoff wants to defend himself. Steinhoff has to deliver now.

What does that mean in concrete terms?

Despite the time delay, TILP succeeded in having the district court of Frankfurt am Main announce a model application filed by TILP by means of a resolution in the Federal Gazette. This is positive. The model application is an important step in order to obtain a model procedure before the Higher Regional Court. The decision is incontestable. And the sample application published therein has a signal effect on all complaints before the district court of Frankfurt am Main.

What is the situation in South Africa at the moment?

There is movement there as well. The delivery to all defendants is soon completed. Following this, the court in Johannesburg will develop a timetable with the participants and appoint dates.

What do you recommend to investors who feel betrayed?

I recommend that you first inform yourself about your own specific case. TILP offers a free initial assessment. For this we need the transaction documents. Then we analyze the data. If and when yes, which options are offered to damaged investors, we will gladly communicate with you after the analysis.

Thank you for the interview.

#10564 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Should see another small uptick today. Few cents only.

#10565 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

3c more....then I'm done for the day

#10566 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Leo, appreciate the info

#10567 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

It's a messed up share.

We know how q1 results are going to go....again.

Not sure about the pwc report. That's all I'm saying.

#10568 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Hey Leo, I get you, but there’s also often a “buy the rumor” pattern?

#10569 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

Just btw, i trade cfds. So my daily goal is to make 4 to 5c. Then I'm happy.

If you look at q3 update results end Aug 18. The share price dropped up to half halfway through that month. Fyi.

Do also think that the pwc report will hammer this thing, nothing good will come out of that report.

#10570 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

I’ll wait for the drop and get in. I’ll take anything under R1.60

#10571 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

im playing on the side of caution....if there's any delay i think Mr Market going to hammer it. Besides with my avg at R1.80 doesnt warrant a buy at this price....thats my situation....good luck to u guys

#10572 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

I’m also about to buy some more.
Any reason why it could go up?
Next date is 28 feb right? Well supposedly!!!

yea 28 feb so they say

LUA, Q1 and finalisation of pwc report all announced for FEB.

#10573 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

Trade gate bids going up marginally... just saying

#10574 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

Looking at today's avg true range indicator, share price might move up a little. Went for a long.

#10575 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

I’m also about to buy some more.
Any reason why it could go up?
Next date is 28 feb right? Well supposedly!!!

#10576 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

Shud open low R1. 60...was thinking of getting more this am to lower my avg but changed my mind.... Am gonna be PATIENT for the R1.40

This management have a tendency of announcing last minute delays

#10577 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

I must say I enjoy the different opinions about Steinhoff. It is actually very entertaining and also educating.  I myself think it is a good opportunity to make some moolah.  If you buy say 50 000 shares and the price goes to R 10 you will have R 500 000 in the bank.  If it fails which I am sure it won’t because off all the buildings, staff and good businesses etc… you lose some of your  R50 000. But if Steinhoff recovers you in the money. That is good odds for me. But if you can’t afford to lose any money because you unemployed or whatever then stay away.

#10578 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

=================

Mty final post in this  thread :

from

to:

The End of dumping on this forum.....
=================

Hi Polly,

I presume that I am one of those whom you are referring to in the above. (Certainly I was the one who pointed out what you yourself pointed out in the first place about your pension, etc.).

At first, in response to your latest posting, I wanted to provide a detailed, point by point counter-argument or rebuttal, but that probably would would just serve to inflame matters.  Suffice to say that I have already posted what I felt about some of your observations.  That is history - let us just leave that aside.

I don't want you to stop posting or sharing your views - indeed I do not want ANYONE to stop posting - especially if you have a different view to my own.  I  love the fact that you have a different take. 

My problem is where someone is unable to back their arguments because of a lack the evidence.  I then am not able to see this as a form of rational thinking.  It is difficult to engage someone who is repeatedly negative and insists that their view is correct without providing the proof.  I find it absolutely bizarre that anyone would make investment decisions on a gut feel regarding any company.  For me it sounds to much like a palm-reader or one of those charlatans.

For the record, I have not singled you out. 

Lionelza1 and I have clashed repeatedly about this.  I have argued/challenged/communicated with Tom, Investment Novice,  Seeking Knowledge on this Sharenet platform, and various others across the world (including Sarel Oberholzer on Seeking Alpha). 

And I do not just do this for opposing views.  I often similarly do not agree with people whom I believe are unrealistically over-optimistic.

The reason that I act in this manner, is that I want to understand everything there is to know about Steinhoff - both the good and the bad.  I need all of this information to reach an informed investment case, in order to make my own judgement in whether this is a good investment or not.

I am sorry if I am coming across as a "guru" regarding Steinhoff.  This is not my intention. 

I believe that from from a factual basis, that I do understand this company better than most.  I have repeatedly written to Steinhoff where I required further information.  In my correspondence on this ShareChat platform, I do like to respond where possible with actual real facts and figures to augment my arguments, and to provide a sense of reference for why I think as I do (that the investment case for Steinhoff is very appealing (for me anyway)).

So, please do not stop posting.  I was going to write a similar response to your Great Nemesis when he posted that he was leaving.  Thankfully, he returned almost immediately.

Lastly Polly.  You have a right to a different opinion.  No matter how much I may disagree with it, you have a right to it.  This is not apartheid South Africa, or Communist Russia / China where dissenting views are not tolerated, and the "guilty" are sought out and punished.  This is a virtual community.  Anonymity is almost guaranteed by the fact that we use aliases and avatars. 

Incidentally, on this point. It takes a lot of courage to come out and publicly state that you believe that Steinhoff is a good investment.  This is what Seeking Alpha's Sarel Oberholzer has done.  He has written over the past six months to a year, about the fact that this is a once in a life time opportunity.  Many people have challenged him and laughed at him.  Yet, no one has yet being able to fundamentally provide an articulate reason why he may be wrong.  It takes a lot of courage to write in your personal capacity and open yourself to public ridicule and rebuke.

So Polly, DayTraderDad, LionelZa1, don't be so thin-skinned and sensitive about dissenting views.  There will always be other opinions.  Use these to ratify or stress test your own arguments.  Check if the other person makes sense. 

To be successful in investing, you cannot follow the herd.  You may as well then buy the index. 

The flip-side of the coin though is that ,the risk in going it alone is that you may be making a bad error, and then compounding this.  It happens all the time - we are only human.  Sarel from Seeking Alpha for example quoted the Steinhoff NAV as 0.54 - it actually is €0.58  - we are human.  This was pointed out to him.  Thankfully it did not materially change the picture.  But, when you are the opposing force, you need to ensure that your views are correct, your numbers check out, and that you have built a significant margin of safety.  You will never know if you are incorrect or made a mistake unless someone stress tests and challenges your argument and numbers.  I LIVE FOR THAT MOMENT.  It is as important in my own investment thinking as almost any other.  This is what I do.  I do this for a living. 

This was a long-winded way of trying to say: I am going to continue to challenge your views (Polly).  If I think that you are basing your argument on emotions, I am going to tell you as much (Lionelza1).  If I think your numbers are skewed, and that you have misunderstood the debt (DayTraderDad), I will let you know. 

If I am wrong, tell me - show me.  I will write back and acknowledge the error. 

I want you to show me where I am making an error,  far, far more than I want you to agree with me.  I have nothing, absolutely nothing to gain from you agreeing with me.  Yet if I have made an error, you could be saving me millions.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#10579 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Brilliant thread P! 1 thing for sure is I've learnt a lot about Mr Market... And Def still more to learn... Thought snh was sending me to tahiti but ya ne that changed

#10580 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Mty final post in this  thread :

There are a few wanna  be Gurus here that pretend and  make it look like it’s easy money to be made in investing here.
They walk in here,throw in some billy big balls dialogue and make newbies believe it’s a walk in the park. Well that aint the truth and thats aint me.
Human nature is to follow that crowd , most do it one way or the other because you feel safe in doing it.
It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything.
Good market analysis can certainly contribute to and play a supporting role in one’s success, but it doesn’t deserve the attention and importance most Gurus mistakenly attach to it here n Steinhoff.
I wont repeat myself as i feel i have given my views/opinions on this " special" share over and over again and its "special valuation" i have placed on it looking at the backward sequence of events and uncertainties.
Unmanaged emotions by these Gurus will make them see what they want to see, or what they fear to see, instead of seeing what's there to see.

It is easy for them  to put on a show and be all  cocky, and feel pretty cool and all that.  BUT, to express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, that my friends here is very hard to do.Why is it that an 8 year old can look at a chart and immediately tell you the direction of the trend yet adults and Gurus with all their bells and whistles can’t figure it out?Why is it the share fell from +80 to current.
I’m only 60 years young. I’m not a “guru” or “expert” at this stage of my life. I’m sharing /advising and giving an opinion  on what I have  learnt from my past experiences and maybe seeing my journey helps some here in some way.
Im not forcing my view on anyone.Its an opinion and will remain as such. Anything can happen at anytime.My analysis /view/ opinion tells me what is likely to happen , not what is certain to happen...Know the difference!
We're dealing with probabilities, not certainties. The future on this share up or down still remains open.Lots of people won’t want to hear it what im trying to say. That’s ok. It’s not my job to please everybody.A good investor could be  is a wise contrarian but not  a stubborn one.

To the newbies always remember the trading/investing First Commandment: Thou shall not risk money that thou can't afford to lose.The Steinhoff current share price is not the same as value. Price is objective, Value is subjective.
The thing most love doing here and investing here is to fantasize about the profits to come. And then when things may not  happen according their fantasies, it going to inevitably upsets  most others here.
Im my opinion if you invested here already following the Gurus, the better approach is to imagine  that the trade might result in a loss and, consequently, prepare for it. Worst case scenario. If im wrong , enjoy the winnings. Because this surely is a bet , a gamble. To new investors here, would you invest in a gamble especially when again in my opinion the odds are stacked against you?

The mind of the new trader/investor is often cluttered with some get-rich-quick nonsense posted in some chat room which they must eventually come to unlearn in order to learn something real.

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence . 
When people are under pressure, they tend to react blindly (out of fear) to protect themselves at all cost and hence the name calling , insults etc which i can handle but when attacks become personal , thats when i have to draw the line. hence the ignore list preference. I have 4 already and as of today i have included another so called Guru. Came in as a gentleman but subsequently found out to be no different attacking my character as to why i dont invest in pension funds etc. Ive told as much as possible about myself here but not all.What ive told , i get chastised on , imagine if i tell all..If only they knew!! They dont know me , this is a chat room and we all behind a curtain. I could say much more about my wealth, investments , lifestyle, etc etc etc but less said the better.These so called Gurus cant even post how much they invested here or even other shares. This i call the fear where they pump but know risk is there. And how about the guy who pumps but shorts in the share in the quiet. In my opinion he doesn't even short. Just calls the bluff trade to show how macho he is.

So people dont me misled , do you own homework ,,,,,,,and invest wisely!!!! Pumpers will try to protect their investments at all costs, even to your detriment!!!!!!

The End of dumping on this forum.....

Edited by Polly, 09 February 2019 - 01:52 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting