• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 03:53 PM

I believe the ratio is not the same for Jse TAW, therefore you cant just convert the A$ to ZAR value. For instance SGL usa ratio to SGL jse not the same and you cannot just convert the US price to ZAR.

I understand your point but it is relative.

#2 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted Today, 03:38 PM

The sophisticated investors all bought in at comparative A$ to R2.50, and it was over subscribed.

Maybe they see something the market investor has yet to see?

I believe the ratio is not the same for Jse TAW, therefore you cant just convert the A$ to ZAR value. For instance SGL usa ratio to SGL jse not the same and you cannot just convert the US price to ZAR.

#3 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

market pricing it otherwise and they hardly get it wrong!!

The sophisticated investors all bought in at comparative A$ to R2.50, and it was over subscribed.

Maybe they see something the market investor has yet to see?

Edited by Dusty Mountain, Today, 03:06 PM.

#4 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 02:57 PM

yep..that 3.6 years is a worry...very short initial lifespan!!!!

Incorrect view imo, remember its the "pre feasibility study" they have only drilled 20% of 1 site(Bald Hill, there is still Cowan Hill and Yallari ), once drilling is completed we shall have the complete feasibility study. Thats why its termed the starter pit to ensure that the initial prospectus is on track.

?There is significant exploration upside potential at Bald Hill. The Company has only drilled 20% of the
known pegmatite footprint and there are significant other portions of our tenements that are unexplored
so we are very confident of being at Bald Hill for many years to come.?

Cowan Project

The Cowan Project comprises three tenements totalling 159km2. The
        tenements are adjacent to the Bald Hill Mine (Tawana earning 50%), at
        which the Company is expected to commence lithium production in 2017.
        The Cowan Project contains a large number of LCT pegmatites some of
        which are proven to contain significant spodumene.

Yallari Project

The fourth tenement is a 41.2km2 application which forms part of the
        Company?s Yallari Project, located 6km west of the Mt Marion lithium
        mine (75km NW of the Cowan Project). The tenement contains numerous
        pegmatites in the same host-rock sequence as Mt Marion and is located
        close to the Depot Hill granodiorite. No exploration for lithium has been
        undertaken to date, however the project is considered highly
        prospective.

#5 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted Today, 02:46 PM

Economics

-    Exceptional Project economics with an IRR of 185% and payback in approximately 12 months.
    -    Lowest capital-cost lithium project in Australia at A$42M (excluding pre-production operating costs). A$37.5M
         already committed to the Project with Tawana earn in ($12.5m) and off-take contractual pre-payments ($25m).
    -    Average EBITDA for ?starter pit? life-of-pit of approximately A$83M per annum.

-    Operating cash flow for the ?starter pit? of approximately $223M.
    -    The NPV10% of the ?starter pit? is A$150M, potential to increase significantly with upgrade of Inferred Resources
         and inclusion of a low-cost Lithium Fines Circuit.
    -    Estimated life-of-pit operating cash costsB of only A$508/tonne (US$381/tonne) of spodumene concentrate FOB
         (including tantalum pentoxide by-product credits) resulting in a 100% pre-tax margin.
    Opportunities for Growth
    -    Significant opportunity to increase annual production by treatment of stockpiled screened fines and middling
         concentrates containing about 25% of mined lithium, through the Lithium Fines Circuit currently under
         consideration. Approximately A$117/tonne of operating cash costs carried by the DMS concentrate operating
         costs.

market pricing it otherwise and they hardly get it wrong!!

95% of traders are humbled trading the alsi( Losers)..5% are ruthless and arrogant cos they understand  the "Game" and beat the odds ( Winners). So where do you want to be.....GO FIGURE!!

#6 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 02:43 PM

been watching this thread with interest....

can someone please tell me the life of the new mine?

Economics

-    Exceptional Project economics with an IRR of 185% and payback in approximately 12 months.
    -    Lowest capital-cost lithium project in Australia at A$42M (excluding pre-production operating costs). A$37.5M
         already committed to the Project with Tawana earn in ($12.5m) and off-take contractual pre-payments ($25m).
    -    Average EBITDA for ?starter pit? life-of-pit of approximately A$83M per annum.

-    Operating cash flow for the ?starter pit? of approximately $223M.
    -    The NPV10% of the ?starter pit? is A$150M, potential to increase significantly with upgrade of Inferred Resources
         and inclusion of a low-cost Lithium Fines Circuit.
    -    Estimated life-of-pit operating cash costsB of only A$508/tonne (US$381/tonne) of spodumene concentrate FOB
         (including tantalum pentoxide by-product credits) resulting in a 100% pre-tax margin.
    Opportunities for Growth
    -    Significant opportunity to increase annual production by treatment of stockpiled screened fines and middling
         concentrates containing about 25% of mined lithium, through the Lithium Fines Circuit currently under
         consideration. Approximately A$117/tonne of operating cash costs carried by the DMS concentrate operating
         costs.

#7 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted Today, 02:42 PM

yep..that 3.6 years is a worry...very short initial lifespan!!!!

95% of traders are humbled trading the alsi( Losers)..5% are ruthless and arrogant cos they understand  the "Game" and beat the odds ( Winners). So where do you want to be.....GO FIGURE!!

#8 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

Declared Ore Reserve underpins an initial ?starter pit? life of 3.6 years with further growth for the Project
         expected from infill and extensional drilling. Inferred Resources outside the scope of the PFS are an additional
         8.2Mt at 1.14% Li2O, most of which is contained within scoping level pit optimisation shells, indicating potential
         for a 10-year mine life prior to resource growth.

#9 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 02:31 PM

The performance has been disappointing, but their business partner just announced that they got environmental approval to construct part of the new plant.  See below from the newswires. 

• 24-Jul-2017 12:09:34 PM - ALLIANCE MINERAL ASSETS-DEPARTMENT OF WATER & ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION GRANTED ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVAL TO CONSTRUCT & OPERATE 1.2MTPA DENSE MEDIA SEPARATION PLANT

Effectively Tawana has now transitioned from prospector to producer, time for the investor to hold shares and allow buying pressure to accumulate.

The companies fundamentals look excellent....the future is electric vehicles and soon we will see more EV`s on the road until ultimately the transition begins.

DYODD

#10 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted Today, 02:28 PM

#11 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 02:16 PM

As a fan of 1. Clean Energy plays and 2. Dual listed ASX/JSE shares I agree that there is a compelling argument for Tawana.

The issue for me is liquidity.

According To INET-Bridge, there has only been 1 bid and 3 offers today.Bid came in at 195 (10 000 volume: shares), Offers were at 245 (25000), 255 (25000) and 256 (31875).

Buyers thus have to be in it for the (very) long term or risk a liquidity trap, should things not work out as planned.

Agree need to get more buyers on board and not just speculators, so the big question is: how do we assist in exposing Tawana to the South African investor.

#12 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 PM

The performance has been disappointing, but their business partner just announced that they got environmental approval to construct part of the new plant.  See below from the newswires. 

• 24-Jul-2017 12:09:34 PM - ALLIANCE MINERAL ASSETS-DEPARTMENT OF WATER & ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION GRANTED ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVAL TO CONSTRUCT & OPERATE 1.2MTPA DENSE MEDIA SEPARATION PLANT

#13 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted Yesterday, 12:33 PM

That has been my only concern since I bought into the share was the volumes compared to ASX. It explains the big jumps in prices. But as mentioned. The only Lithium producer on the JSE and we are historically a culture of precious metals. 

I'm hoping that we are the first on this bandwagon and that in time it will get noticed and the volumes will pick up and not that it will just fizzle out. 

Patience. Hope. 

#14 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

As a fan of 1. Clean Energy plays and 2. Dual listed ASX/JSE shares I agree that there is a compelling argument for Tawana.

The issue for me is liquidity.

According To INET-Bridge, there has only been 1 bid and 3 offers today.Bid came in at 195 (10 000 volume: shares), Offers were at 245 (25000), 255 (25000) and 256 (31875).

Buyers thus have to be in it for the (very) long term or risk a liquidity trap, should things not work out as planned.

You win some you lose some...

#15 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

It amazes me that this only Lithium stock on the JSE, which is also rand hedged on the ASX and SGX is not more subscribed by SA investors... where as most JSE stocks have been going sideways for too long due to economic pressure!

Not enough buying pressure with possible shortists looking for opportunity... it can only continue for so long!

Let us not forget though that In the last 12 months TAW has been the best performing stock on the JSE!

Think we need patience for more investors to buy in and hold their shares...In my opinion.

Do your own due diligence

It is still regarded as a pennyshare I suppose.  Time will tell. Patience. Is a big ask for a speculator like me. Watching lonmin jump 30% quickly while TAW drops 30% quickly. 

#16 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Take it as a blessing to buy more. That's what I'm doing.

I'd love to buy more but I've already topped up to capacity when it dropped to 2.18. I have nothing left. Except maybe a liver that I can spare. 

#17 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

It amazes me that this only Lithium stock on the JSE, which is also rand hedged on the ASX and SGX is not more subscribed by SA investors... where as most JSE stocks have been going sideways for too long due to economic pressure!

Not enough buying pressure with possible shortists looking for opportunity... it can only continue for so long!

Let us not forget though that In the last 12 months TAW has been the best performing stock on the JSE!

Think we need patience for more investors to buy in and hold their shares...In my opinion.

Do your own due diligence

#18 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Besides the fellows at Hot Copper. Can anyone tell me when "good" news about this company enters the SENS their share price falls? 

Take it as a blessing to buy more. That's what I'm doing.

#19 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

Besides the fellows at Hot Copper. Can anyone tell me when "good" news about this company enters the SENS their share price falls? 

#20 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Same as you Sommerso  :)

I have amassed a boat load of shares and now wait for more private investors and corporate buyers to see the potential

regarding speed to market, low capital startup, high grade spodumene, confirmed  off-take agreement for next 5 years, still

to include tantalum revenue, capital payback 12 months , no shareholder dilution required and of course the main driver is

the Electrical vehicle market that is just entering a growth curve as demand continues to grow and outweigh supply.

Glad to have the opportunity of getting in before first shipment around 8 months away.

There are a lot of very positive share holders out there incl` Amal SGX, Tawana ASX and JSE 

See below some of the rough (base) future SP calculations that the guys are getting excited about since the PFS report was released yesterday.

U Y Scuti says:

Crunching some more numbers.

Base case  EBITDA for next 3.6 years (when production starts) is ~A$83M pa.

50% TAW, A$41.5M / 442M issued shares = ~EPS = 9c

Using a conservative P/E ratio 6 X 9c = SP value = ~54c 

--------------------

Converting to rand on current exchange rate R5.50

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting