• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#1 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

The share is trading at a nice discount to the Aussie price - just took some at 350c. 

#2 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:54 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but how?

Done. 76 yo trying his hand @ tech...... 

#3 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

Those interested. Drop me a PM with your number as we'll make it so. 

Pardon my ignorance, but how?

#4 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

As far as I know even if the transfer is completed to ASX your registered address is a non resident from South Africa, which means you are in the same position as we are now with the JSE, but have spent some cash doing it.

I`m not sure if a custodian ( your agent, liaising with broker) would be any different.

Any shares that a person holds either in certificated or dematerialised form, has ownership to the holder, the persons full security details incl ID number/registered address etc ensures no one can claim your shares but the rightful owner.

I dont think there is a way for us to go around this...

However once we receive our ASX consideration shares after merge, if they then liquidate all overseas shareholders we can then just open our own offshore trading account and trade into mergeco and Cowan lithium.

In my view this is the better option because if they dont liquidate our shares we have incurred no additional costs.

#5 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

As far as I know even if the transfer is completed to ASX your registered address is a non resident from South Africa, which means you are in the same position as we are now with the JSE, but have spent some cash doing it.

I`m not sure if a custodian ( your agent, liaising with broker) would be any different.

Any shares that a person holds either in certificated or dematerialised form, has ownership to the holder, the persons full security details incl ID number/registered address etc ensures no one can claim your shares but the rightful owner.

I dont think there is a way for us to go around this...

#6 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

ABSA Stockbrokers

Not sure, I am compiling a list of questions before I phone them, you guys are welcome to add some questions if you like

#7 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Which broker are you using? 

Do you know if the registered address is also changing? 

#8 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

Yes.. Waiting for a reply from Interactive Brokers, they originally said it is not possible to transfer.. Just want to make sure both brokers are in agreement..

#9 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

Costing I've received for the transfer:

R2000 and then below CSDP fees:

Share Value of Securities: R1 - R50 000: Standard Fee: R435 Fast Track Fee: R870

Share Value of Securities: R50 001 - R2 000 000: Standard Fee: R870 Fast Track Fee: R1740

Share Value of Securities: Over - R2 000 001: Standard Fee: R1740 Fast Track Fee: R3480

Thanks Hemper

Are you going to proceed with transfering from JSE to ASX?

#10 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

Costing I've received for the transfer:

R2000 and then below CSDP fees:

Share Value of Securities: R1 - R50 000: Standard Fee: R435 Fast Track Fee: R870

Share Value of Securities: R50 001 - R2 000 000: Standard Fee: R870 Fast Track Fee: R1740

Share Value of Securities: Over - R2 000 001: Standard Fee: R1740 Fast Track Fee: R3480

#11 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hi Hemper

Can you share the details of your broker, might be worth his while if there are a few of us willing to go that route?

I`m also keen on the whatsapp group.

Remember, even if we are able to transfer our shares to the ASX, we will still be in the same situation and a bit out of pocket for any applicable fees. 

Absa Stockbrokers, they sent me the attached form..

I am still hoping there is some kind of favorable outcome when that detailed booklet is sent to us. If not, if my shares are transferred over to the ASX I can at least sell and maybe buy AMAL. No volumes on the JSE, doubt I will even be able to sell all of my shares, so transfer seems to be my only option.

#12 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Thanks again!

Just got a reply from my SA broker, they say it is possible to transfer to the ASX and they will facilitate, sent me a form from Computershare to complete.

Hi Hemper

Can you share the details of your broker, might be worth his while if there are a few of us willing to go that route?

I`m also keen on the whatsapp group.

Remember, even if we are able to transfer our shares to the ASX, we will still be in the same situation and a bit out of pocket for any applicable fees. 

#13 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

I would be keen on a whatsapp group.

@Hemper9, any idea what costs would be for transfer?

+1 on the whatsapp group.. I will start the process in the morning, will let you guys know..

#14 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

Those interested. Drop me a PM with your number as we'll make it so. 

#15 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

I would be keen on a whatsapp group.

@Hemper9, any idea what costs would be for transfer?

#16 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

This might be too real for certain of us and other might have had enough of it already, but what is the feeling of a whatsapp group for the long term TAW holders? I have this suspicion that we'll be sharing a lot of information in the next few months. 

#17 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

1. When details of the merger emerged I opened up an Interactive Brokers International trading account and started buying TAW on the ASX, so I basically sit with 50% of my holding on the JSE and 50% on the ASX. Will I have the same issue with my shares in the new merged company as with the Cowan shares, i.e. consideration shares with all the non-resident issues that come with that?

Same issue because Tawana is delisting from the ASX,

1. I am “thinking” of offloading all my TAW and buying AMAL on the Singapore Exchange. Yes I will not receive my x 1.1, but at least I will still have the bulk of my shares in the company and not be sitting with delisting issues etc. Thoughts please?

Better if you purchase amal shares on SGX as they are not delisting, possibly just a name change or not. And the AMal shareprice is quite a bit lower than TAW = score

Lastly, I have mailed all the brokers I could, including TAW and will also start phoning around today. Would you mind sharing when you receive all your pending info regarding transferring from JSE to ASX?

Thanks again!

Just got a reply from my SA broker, they say it is possible to transfer to the ASX and they will facilitate, sent me a form from Computershare to complete.

#18 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

1. When details of the merger emerged I opened up an Interactive Brokers International trading account and started buying TAW on the ASX, so I basically sit with 50% of my holding on the JSE and 50% on the ASX. Will I have the same issue with my shares in the new merged company as with the Cowan shares, i.e. consideration shares with all the non-resident issues that come with that?

Same issue because Tawana is delisting from the ASX,

1. I am “thinking” of offloading all my TAW and buying AMAL on the Singapore Exchange. Yes I will not receive my x 1.1, but at least I will still have the bulk of my shares in the company and not be sitting with delisting issues etc. Thoughts please?

Better if you purchase amal shares on SGX as they are not delisting, possibly just a name change or not. And the AMal shareprice is quite a bit lower than TAW = score

Lastly, I have mailed all the brokers I could, including TAW and will also start phoning around today. Would you mind sharing when you receive all your pending info regarding transferring from JSE to ASX?

Edited by Dusty Mountain, 05 June 2018 - 12:23 PM.

#19 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

Thanks so much for all your efforts Dusty and for sharing!

Firstly I have given up on my Cowan shares, they can keep that. I was under the impression the chunk we'll receive in Cowan will be 85% of current TAW holding, now it is basically your total holding in TAW divided by 11. Then there is the non-resident issue which you detailed.

Secondly, PLEASE may I ask your (and ANY other forum members) opinion on the below?

Again, THANK YOU!

Hi Hemper

Also bummed that our Cowan lithium shares will be liquidated. :(

My personal opinion is we wait to receive the merge booklet and our mergeco ASX consideration shares, and see if they will indeed liquidate our positions again or enable us to be bonafide ASX shareholders and continue trading with a custodian brokerage.

Even if we are able to transfer our shares over to the ASX we will still be registered s/h outside of Australia = same scenario.

The issue for us JSE holders is the lack of liquidity due to the 2% shareholding we trade within.

If they liquidate our positions through the ASX we are ensured of receiving a fair value for our shares, then what we do is open a offshore account and buy Mergeco shares and if need be buy Cowan lithium shares after IPO, we will just be limited to R1 Million  annual offshore allowance.

At least we have enjoyed the ride up to now and hopefully no one has taken a knock, I think most if not all are in the black depending on your average share-cost position.

#20 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:16 AM

Tawana will reveal all procedures in merge scheme booklet July/August, they are still in process with SA treasury and reserve bank regarding exchange controls.

We have the option of choosing SGX or not and receiving ASX shares, so we will be shareholders of merge co on either SGX or ASX.

IMO non-resident S/H trading is going to be a challenge with all info needing to flow through exchange controls between appointed brokers, which may incur additional costs? We may even be subject to CGT from the Australian securities control?

The important  part being management is aware of our concerns and are trying to deal with SARB /treasury for a favorable outcome.

I personally think a cross-listing may be the best case scenario for us??? We wait and see...

Thanks so much for all your efforts Dusty and for sharing!

Firstly I have given up on my Cowan shares, they can keep that. I was under the impression the chunk we'll receive in Cowan will be 85% of current TAW holding, now it is basically your total holding in TAW divided by 11. Then there is the non-resident issue which you detailed.

Secondly, PLEASE may I ask your (and ANY other forum members) opinion on the below?

Again, THANK YOU!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting