#1 Shi

Shi

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

https://www.moneyweb...-angels-part-2/

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#2 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

I am totally out at R48. Results most likely going to be poor, but don't know if its priced in? Say 600cps at a 7x PE gives R42

Thanks ST, good call.

#3 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

I am totally out at R48. Results most likely going to be poor, but don't know if its priced in? Say 600cps at a 7x PE gives R42

#4 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Is EOH still worth a punt at this price?

Anyone with a view on this?

#5 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

Is EOH still worth a punt at this price?

Edited by Spell Jammer, 08 August 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#6 Investment novice

Investment novice

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

Not fear at the bottom... I don't see their revenue trajectory... Lots of competitors in their space and no more easy gov contracts.... Can't make sense of their valuation....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#7 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:49 AM

[quote name="Investment novice" post="275514" timestamp="1530111494"]Need to better understand their revenue from gov and municipality contracts....dont see much i.t. innovation apart fom support...
I want to buy eoh...just cant make heads or cents of revenue flows.
Too mch management instability and gft wrapping

Classic fear at the bottom!

Buy when the blood is flowing in the streets of Paris - Baron de Rothschild

#8 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Dumped 50% of my holding at R43, put the money into Blu at 815c

#9 Investment novice

Investment novice

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

will out at R43

#10 Polly

Polly

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

i got out at R39.00

now high of R43.00

probably ride the wave to r50.00

#11 Investment novice

Investment novice

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

Nice one... When should we exit... Would we expect a peak in mid 40s.... I will take profits now... As still concerned about fundamentals.

#12 Polly

Polly

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

look at this one go

from R26.00 to R40.00

out of all my positions at R39.00

been one hellva ride...

#13 Polly

Polly

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

nice short squeeze today. Up 10%

#14 Investment novice

Investment novice

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

Need to better understand their revenue from gov and municipality contracts....dont see much i.t. innovation apart fom support...
I want to buy eoh...just cant make heads or cents of revenue flows.
Too mch management instability and gft wrapping

#15 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

The company is either fucked or this is a major buying opportunity. I took some at R24 today. Not even Alviva had such a large drawdown when it's director was fingered for fraud

#16 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

Probably insiders getting out before the close out period. Directors, including the finance director, are known to do stupid things.

Today it is trading at its worst level in 5 years, so the insiders saved themselves a lot of money.

This company does not have a shred of credibility left. Soon they will start losing customers.

Another abject lesson in value destruction! A once admired and highly valued company now seemingly going down the tubes!

Is there any way back for this company?

#17 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone know the reason for the unusually heavy volume of shares traded last Friday, a!most Five Million shares(more than 10x the average daily vol). Also, the share traded as low as R55 on the day. Is this more director shenanigans? Forced sale, again? I really hope not!

Or was it a fund manager buying or upping it's stake in the company?

Probably insiders getting out before the close out period. Directors, including the finance director, are known to do stupid things.

Today it is trading at its worst level in 5 years, so the insiders saved themselves a lot of money.

This company does not have a shred of credibility left. Soon they will start losing customers.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#18 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

Does anyone know the reason for the unusually heavy volume of shares traded last Friday, a!most Five Million shares(more than 10x the average daily vol). Also, the share traded as low as R55 on the day. Is this more director shenanigans? Forced sale, again? I really hope not!

Or was it a fund manager buying or upping it's stake in the company?

#19 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

I guess there is some consolation in the fact that these moronic directors took the biggest hit in this whole debacle!!

But, more seriously, if the CFO enters into such high risk transactions and is so reckless with his own investments and finances, how can he be entrusted with managing the finances of such a big and acquisitive company??

And someone has made a lot of money as the share price recovered so rapidly. Probably the brokers who instigated the forced sales.

I put an order in at R30 but it ran away from me within minutes to R45.00. Lesson learned: If a share falls and rebounds that quickly, forced selling has just occurred.

#20 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

Thank you, Bullhunter, for the link. Quite helpful as always☺. ( I don't think I have the stomach for this sort of thing! Lol).

I guess there is some consolation in the fact that these moronic directors took the biggest hit in this whole debacle!!

But, more seriously, if the CFO enters into such high risk transactions and is so reckless with his own investments and finances, how can he be entrusted with managing the finances of such a big and acquisitive company??

Exactly. If you look at EOH's SENS announcements going back 2-3 years you would think the FD is in the business of trading the company's shares (with put and call options 'nogaal') rather than running the business.

On the subject of margin calls, PSG Wealth brokers have informed their clients (in red) as follows :

Dear Client 
Events surrounding Steinhoff have caused extreme price volatility in the market. We are therefore increasing the margin on Steinhoff single stock futures (SSFs) and contracts for difference (CFDs) to 100% from today. 
No new SSF and CFD positions will be facilitated on Steinhoff. Existing clients may close their positions at any time during market hours. Please ensure your account is sufficiently funded to accommodate the increase in margin and to avoid subsequent margin calls or your position being closed out. 
Also note that Steinhoff will be removed as an approved share for Scriptfin loan facilities. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting