#1 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:59 AM

Someone on another forum made aluded to this rumour and how it plays out for Orion

JOHANNESBURG, Feb 18 (Reuters) – South African precious metals miner Sibanye-Stillwater plans to make one or two small to medium sized acquisitions in battery metals by the end of the year, the firm said on Thursday.

“We are going to be dipping our toe in the water,” said Sibanye-Stillwater CEO Neal Froneman on a results conference call. “They are going to be medium to small, perhaps with some early stage entries.”

First of the one or two small to medium sized acquisitions. 

Sibanye-Stillwater secures entry into the battery metals sector through a
partnership with and investment into Keliber, a leading European lithium
company  

Almost had my hopes up when I saw the trading halt for ORN and the SENS for SSW 

#2 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:02 PM

It is a good long term play. No material news were issued and even this morning I read the Investor Presentation, nothing new, ORN covering the issue of shares they announced this morning. 

Someone on another forum made aluded to this rumour and how it plays out for Orion

JOHANNESBURG, Feb 18 (Reuters) – South African precious metals miner Sibanye-Stillwater plans to make one or two small to medium sized acquisitions in battery metals by the end of the year, the firm said on Thursday.

“We are going to be dipping our toe in the water,” said Sibanye-Stillwater CEO Neal Froneman on a results conference call. “They are going to be medium to small, perhaps with some early stage entries.”

#3 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:35 AM

You called this Pump and dump. Those who fell for it are burning. Good long term hold though, I just hate seeing people get sucked in by a weak pump

It is a good long term play. No material news were issued and even this morning I read the Investor Presentation, nothing new, ORN covering the issue of shares they announced this morning. 

#4 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:23 AM

Taking a closer look, it seems it better to buy this share on the ASX, major local pump going on here. No material news really to justify these gains. No funding announced or concluded still on going. Okiep is 2.5 yrs out and year they have hope for "more copper"with their exploration update. So I don't get it. Great opportunity but this rally makes no sense at this stage.

You called this Pump and dump. Those who fell for it are burning. Good long term hold though, I just hate seeing people get sucked in by a weak pump

#5 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 09 February 2021 - 06:16 PM

Tawana, I was one of the early holders.

There will be many dips to come 4 yrs is a long time for weak hands to hold. On the JSE there is a serious pump in my view if I look at the volumes and someone is going to burn. Yeah some heavy dilation ahead of us. 

I'm long on this one as well.

I've thought about speculating the pump and dump, but my emotions get the best of me and I know it, so I'm happy to bide my time and grow my funds while I wait for dips. With all the news and no material changes to anything I can't really see this trading at anything above 50c's (purely speculation) looking at were WEZ and Jubilee were while they were still prospecting. I've been holding this for a year. TAW I held for almost 3 years. There is an end goal involved here and that end goal isn't going anywhere until I see R20 a share LOL. 

If only funds were there when they hit 17c in lockdown.

#6 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:53 PM

Nice to meet you SB45.  

I got hurt with Tawana when they were still a jnr listed on the JSE, could have made massive bucks but held and they went through a delisting. Decidedly the mine was down under so this is a world of difference as the assets are in SA. 

As for ORN I'm definitely just holding. Going to be accumulating on the dips. It has gone through a few pumps and then SH get impatient and dump and the price falls. Patience. The hardest thing is not to get caught up in all the hype on the forums. 

Tawana, I was one of the early holders.

There will be many dips to come 4 yrs is a long time for weak hands to hold. On the JSE there is a serious pump in my view if I look at the volumes and someone is going to burn. Yeah some heavy dilation ahead of us. 

I'm long on this one as well.

#7 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

Nice to meet you SB45.  

I got hurt with Tawana when they were still a jnr listed on the JSE, could have made massive bucks but held and they went through a delisting. Decidedly the mine was down under so this is a world of difference as the assets are in SA. 

As for ORN I'm definitely just holding. Going to be accumulating on the dips. It has gone through a few pumps and then SH get impatient and dump and the price falls. Patience. The hardest thing is not to get caught up in all the hype on the forums. 

#8 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 08 February 2021 - 04:28 PM

ORN is really moving these days :)

Taking a closer look, it seems it better to buy this share on the ASX, major local pump going on here. No material news really to justify these gains. No funding announced or concluded still on going. Okiep is 2.5 yrs out and year they have hope for "more copper"with their exploration update. So I don't get it. Great opportunity but this rally makes no sense at this stage.

#9 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 08 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

ORN is really moving these days :)

#10 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:01 PM

I will not lie their Optimised BFS numbers are eye watering....hard to resist

#11 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:59 PM

Orion slowly moving and today wow......but the dilution :mellow:
Its a problem with Juniors as an early entrant you get diluted to death

#12 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

It seems ORN is a takeover target, does anyone know who is sniffing around this company? 

#13 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

https://www.business...rieska-studies/

Offer I understand opens tomorrow @ZAR0,25/share 

https://www.miningwe...ctor-2019-10-23

Will Anglo swallow this little star?  Kumba has now appointed the Orion Minerals CFO to the board. Time will tell

#14 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

Positive news from Orion

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=oozMt4L8Uls

#15 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:05 AM

I think Orion is a takeover target, too attractive investment case for the big boys, even the potential for further expansion. 

This one is not for anyone in a hurry to see the money, long term hold.

@Matrix, see target prices from the Vunani Report. 

Attached Files

#16 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

https://www.gbreport...iew/errol-smart

#17 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

https://www.iol.co.z...ources-30218618

Enough with the transactions now these guys need to give us news about the mining license and development money. 

"Orion last month secured a A$378 million government grant for the development of its flagship Prieska copper-zinc project in Northern Cape" did I miss this or article lying ?

#18 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:40 PM

Novice and a student myself, Matrix, agreed Orion Minerals great potential of the most Jnr Miners I have seen in SA Management is absolutely critical when it comes to the Jnrs. EUZ, Collin Bird = bad news in my books. I dont have a target price but do check out their video presentation.....they do what they promise so far...good in my books. Mining JNRs are no short term quick wins....glad you are long...so am I...

#19 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

Hi SB45,

I will start with a caveat that I am very inexperienced with investing/trading.

That being said, ORN is looking more promosing every day.

I really burnt my fingers with Europa Metals, as all the sums and scoping seemed promosing.

Management however could not be poorer, and they drove the company and share into the ground.

ORN seems to be a different ballgame.

Big rollplayers getting involved, community participation, the required approvals.

Most of all the communication, and my subsequent interpretation of management, is exceptional!

Could not possibly issue more sens, updates and details.

Do you have an estimate on share price target?

This is obviously not a short term trading, but if will to wait till mine materialises this goed be good ROI.

But then again, what do I really understand about these things. :-)

#20 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

Orion seeing some crazy action in the last two days...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting