JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

Off course - CNN or CNBC,

alternatively try EE, but note cautions recorded by some members

Also note what happened to Alon Musk for tweeting bull. 

And if you still not sure visit Financial Services Board (FSB) and read up on share price manipulation. Probably not something you want to venture into.

#142 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:37 PM

I went into a Choppies. Lots of staff standing about. Big premises. Limited product range. Low end focus. Lonely place.

The shop was the cornerstone of the entire "centre" and it was like waiting for a better day.

Just because the target consumer is of limited means this does not mean they don't know when prices and/or quality can be improved. On the contrary. It is the high end where the foolish money resides. You need a monopoly or an endless stream of professional indoctrination in order to steal continuously from the poor. (Especially their votes).

As for which is the better market access provider... I vote for Standard Bank. I use them but I do not work for them. But what would anyone know if I am believable or otherwise. A good con artist resides just around every corner. If you have the resume of a good con artist you will be head hunted by most everyone. 

Deal your sentiment Snippit, if expansion is built on government connections I remain cautious.

#143 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:36 PM

Thanks JK, you just brightened my evening and gave me a great idea for my next trade.

My 2 platforms do not allow me to short Purple.  Can you recommend a platform that does? appreciated

Cheers

Off course - CNN or CNBC,

alternatively try EE, but note cautions recorded by some members

Edited by JK001, 01 October 2018 - 07:39 PM.

#144 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

I went into a Choppies. Lots of staff standing about. Big premises. Limited product range. Low end focus. Lonely place.

The shop was the cornerstone of the entire "centre" and it was like waiting for a better day.

Just because the target consumer is of limited means this does not mean they don't know when prices and/or quality can be improved. On the contrary. It is the high end where the foolish money resides. You need a monopoly or an endless stream of professional indoctrination in order to steal continuously from the poor. (Especially their votes).

As for which is the better market access provider... I vote for Standard Bank. I use them but I do not work for them. But what would anyone know if I am believable or otherwise. A good con artist resides just around every corner. If you have the resume of a good con artist you will be head hunted by most everyone. 

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#145 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

PS : not Global Trader as i wont go near it with a barge pole

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#146 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

Thanks JK, you just brightened my evening and gave me a great idea for my next trade.

My 2 platforms do not allow me to short Purple.  Can you recommend a platform that does? appreciated

Cheers

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#147 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

This is why one needs to understand the meaning of :

Regulated

vs

Unregulated 

Simple...ones a bucket shop the other not

Polly,

we have came to know you as a negative person, I think what you are doing is inappropriate since you are not reflecting the facts and is actually busy with fake news that could be detrimental to Purple Group.

if EE was my business I would be pretty peed off with your ill comparison and scaring the daylights out inexperienced people.   Are you trying to short Purple Group too?

For one, SA is not UK and all legal financial services in SA is regulated.  You obviously know what the Strate system does - It reports to Reserve Bank. 

Secondly, if you read carefully the securities are held in a separate independent company that is not allowed to have assets or liabilities.   It means the separate cannot go belly up even if the mothership tanks.

One rather has to understand the difference between critical analysis and defamation, and I think you are busy with the latter.

#148 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

This is why one needs to understand the meaning of :

Regulated

vs

Unregulated 

Simple...ones a bucket shop the other not

#149 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

"FWT Nominees is the registered owner of all client Securities" says it all

Edited by Polly, 01 October 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#150 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

From the horses mouth. I think it is inappropriate
How are my assets protected?
Modified on: Tue, 11 Sep, 2018 at 3:44 PM

All Whole Securities bought and Cash not yet invested by Clients on the EasyEquities Platform are protected in an Insolvency Event, because all Whole Securities and uninvested Cash are segregated (i.e. kept separate) from the assets of First World Trader (Pty) Ltd (“FWT”), the company that operates the EasyEquities Platform.

1) Whole Securities
All Whole Securities are held in safe custody by, and registered in the name of FWT Nominees (RF) (Proprietary) Limited (“FWT Nominees”).

FWT Nominees is a ring fenced, private, limited liability company with registration number 2013/091397/07, registered in accordance with the company laws of South Africa and approved as a nominee company to hold assets in its name on behalf of Clients by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and Strate Proprietary Limited (“Strate”).

FWT Nominees is only permitted to hold Clients’ assets, including Securities and Cash. FWT Nominees is not permitted to incur any liabilities or expenses.

FWT Nominees is the registered owner of all client Securities. A register of the underlying beneficial owners of these shares is maintained by FWT.

FWT Nominees holds a Securities Account with an authorised central securities depository participant (CSDP) admitted to Strate, in the name of FWT Nominees into which Clients’ Securities are deposited or stand to be credited.

The CSDP submits a report of all holdings to Strate on a weekly basis, detailing the Securities that are held in the Securities Account. FWT submits a detailed breakdown of the beneficial owners or those Securities to Strate at the same time. Strate ensure that the lists reconcile and then utilises the data to update the Issuers share register, in which FWT Nominees is shown as the registered owner of such shares and the Client as the beneficial owner.

2) Cash
All Client Cash, that is not currently invested in Securities is held in FWT Nominees’ Bank Account, a bank account opened and maintained by and held in the name of FWT Nominees on behalf of Clients as beneficiaries of the amounts standing to the credit of such account from time to time.

For a more detailed description of the Insolvency Protections in place to protect EasyEquities’ Clients, please refer to paragraph 23 of the EasyEquities Terms and Conditions.

Pure round tripping exercise which means niks...

If you been trading long enough go see what happened to its holding company in UK when the markets crashed in 2007. Every client lost EVERYTHING.

Big words used above with little meaning when the **** hits the fan...

#151 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

nonsense...Im talking of funds in account...

Shares in your name i dont know but would say even that no....Thats why they can give you .25 comm...IM fact im convinced they cannot transfer in your name because they not a registered broker..

From the horses mouth. I think it is inappropriate
How are my assets protected?
Modified on: Tue, 11 Sep, 2018 at 3:44 PM

All Whole Securities bought and Cash not yet invested by Clients on the EasyEquities Platform are protected in an Insolvency Event, because all Whole Securities and uninvested Cash are segregated (i.e. kept separate) from the assets of First World Trader (Pty) Ltd (“FWT”), the company that operates the EasyEquities Platform.

1) Whole Securities
All Whole Securities are held in safe custody by, and registered in the name of FWT Nominees (RF) (Proprietary) Limited (“FWT Nominees”).

FWT Nominees is a ring fenced, private, limited liability company with registration number 2013/091397/07, registered in accordance with the company laws of South Africa and approved as a nominee company to hold assets in its name on behalf of Clients by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and Strate Proprietary Limited (“Strate”).

FWT Nominees is only permitted to hold Clients’ assets, including Securities and Cash. FWT Nominees is not permitted to incur any liabilities or expenses.

FWT Nominees is the registered owner of all client Securities. A register of the underlying beneficial owners of these shares is maintained by FWT.

FWT Nominees holds a Securities Account with an authorised central securities depository participant (CSDP) admitted to Strate, in the name of FWT Nominees into which Clients’ Securities are deposited or stand to be credited.

The CSDP submits a report of all holdings to Strate on a weekly basis, detailing the Securities that are held in the Securities Account. FWT submits a detailed breakdown of the beneficial owners or those Securities to Strate at the same time. Strate ensure that the lists reconcile and then utilises the data to update the Issuers share register, in which FWT Nominees is shown as the registered owner of such shares and the Client as the beneficial owner.

2) Cash
All Client Cash, that is not currently invested in Securities is held in FWT Nominees’ Bank Account, a bank account opened and maintained by and held in the name of FWT Nominees on behalf of Clients as beneficiaries of the amounts standing to the credit of such account from time to time.

For a more detailed description of the Insolvency Protections in place to protect EasyEquities’ Clients, please refer to paragraph 23 of the EasyEquities Terms and Conditions.

#152 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

EE is no bigger risk than PSG for equities. Shares are issued in your name. Even if something happens (unlikely) to EE you cannot loose your shares. At 0.25 commission you cannot do better. They also have a ‘thrive’ program where qualified members pay 0% commission for a specific months.

nonsense...Im talking  of funds in account...

Shares in your name i dont know but would say even that no....Thats why they can give you .25 comm...IM fact im convinced they cannot transfer in your name because they not a registered broker..

#153 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hi Jet,

Me as well. My fixed deposit matures end of October 2018. lol don't think I will be using fixed deposits anymore...I make more on EE (which I should change soon - PSG - Thanks Polly)

Imagine - 350K in Capitec - 8K interest for the year....My word lol!

Can make more on EE... :)

EE is no bigger risk than PSG for equities. Shares are issued in your name. Even if something happens (unlikely) to EE you cannot loose your shares. At 0.25 commission you cannot do better. They also have a ‘thrive’ program where qualified members pay 0% commission for a specific months.

#154 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

and took a punt on texton today @R4.80. Looking for 10% max

#155 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

took a punt on ACL  during the week @3.10 

Looking for between 4 to 5 to bail.

ACL up 13% today to R 3.70....very near my target price....quicker than i thought

#156 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

Just to clarify M , if EE goes belly up, you loose all your money as they unregulated.  However if PSG goes belly up and seeing they are a member of the JSE , your funds are guaranteed by JSE!!

Even IG is unregulated... means those okes EE and IG can do what they want and you have no recourse ( also a number of online bucket shop operators)

Hi Polly, 

That is a huge risk :(

Thank you again for the advice.  I will definitely take it. 

I will start looking into how to sign up with PSG (https://www.psg.co.z...th/stockbroking) I need to change platforms this month.

I am quite annoyed today because the EE trading desk hasn't been available from 9:30.

M

Edited by Motivated, 01 October 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#157 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Hi Jet,

Me as well.  My fixed deposit matures end of October 2018.  lol don't think I will be using fixed deposits anymore...I make more on EE (which I should change soon - PSG - Thanks Polly)

Imagine - 350K in Capitec - 8K interest for the year....My word lol!

Can make more on EE... :)

Just to clarify M , if EE goes belly up, you loose all your money as they unregulated.  However if PSG goes belly up and seeing they are a member of the JSE , your funds are guaranteed by JSE!!

Even IG is unregulated... means those okes EE and IG can do what they want and you have no recourse ( also a number of online bucket shop operators)

#158 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:42 PM

Hope there's no sudden drops like we seen on snh else I gonna be like a headless chicken again

#159 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

Got more Jet... If it's not the market Thats squeezing my balls... Then it's me squeezing it :D... Sitting risky now but on up so not that much risk.... Sitting just over 100% my goodness

#160 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lionel did you go flying in and buy more choppies or hold back?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting