246 replies to this topic

#161 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Great motivated...i went in like a mad women on snh...but future trades will go by the book...cautiously

#162 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

Im going start trading in next month s but my budget is only going be 200000 and no more than 20k on each trade to start..boring maybe...

Hi Jet,

Me as well.  My fixed deposit matures end of October 2018.  lol don't think I will be using fixed deposits anymore...I make more on EE (which I should change soon - PSG - Thanks Polly)

Imagine - 350K in Capitec - 8K interest for the year....My word lol!

Can make more on EE... :)

Edited by Motivated, 01 October 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#163 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

30% within first hour

#164 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Jussis

#165 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

Im going start trading in next month s but my budget is only going be 200000 and no more than 20k on each trade to start..boring maybe...

#166 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

It pretty much reached its 69 c on fri at 1130 and stayed there...you hoping gor about another 12 % surge...on a monday ?

#167 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:05 AM

I have rule npw that im only allowed to trade with profit...so if you made 50 k off choppies gamble with that but not your original capital...makes sense for beginners..may take long6to make yourfortune but will also take longer to loose it 😁

#168 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Someone else can respond if 80 c possible...but i think be a little cautious now....money in bank better than lifelong choppies shares..or else if you really want to just do small amount not large sum...have good sunday....read about how much of your portfolio traders shpuld put on each trade....google book by Ross larter

#169 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

Lol thought I was getting somewhere.... Thanks for the response Madam Polly

When I saw Mr Market not dumping this share within 1 hour of opening on Friday I jumped on... Gonna do same Monday..... Gonna pump more and play for the 80c... Hope I'm not pushing my luck on this one

#170 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

NO nothing to do with shorting.

Actually dont think any platforms allow you to short this share from day one of listing .

Note not all shares can be shorted on JSE.

Drop  more to do with fear . Mr Market has been in a menacing mood recently and investors not taking any chances.

So i think you actually LOST.. :D

politics and mr market actually foes.  keep cards close to chest, politics won, market lost.. and the share price

#171 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

So this share been on downward trend since listing... Question..

Does that mean there's a higher %of shorts on this hence the trend? And then the drop from 1.50 to 40c is when the shorts bought in and pocketed difference and thus causing the upward trend?

Am I getting that right or am I still completely lost

NO nothing to do with shorting.

Actually dont think any platforms allow you to short this share from day one of listing .

Note not all shares can be shorted on JSE.

Drop  more to do with fear . Mr Market has been in a menacing mood recently and investors not taking any chances.

So i think you actually LOST.. :D

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#172 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:48 AM

Does that mean there's a higher %of shorts on this hence the trend? And then the drop from 1.50 to 40c is when the shorts bought in and pocketed difference and thus causing the upward trend?

http://www.inceconne...es-on-the-block

#173 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

#174 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lol true thnks JK... That's the dilemma I'm sitting with.... Down heavy on snh and yah.... Getting greedy with the 80c on this share.... 65c will be a must sell or opportunity gone.. See what Monday brings

#175 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

I got in at 55c again and sitting very pretty.... Made up my losses I'm sitting with snh + more! Seriously contemplating ditching snh with this come monday

Happy for you. Remember you have not made up any losses while you own the share.  you have to sell it to make up for the loss :D

#176 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

I got in at 55c again and sitting very pretty.... Made up my losses I'm sitting with snh + more! Seriously contemplating ditching snh with this come monday

#177 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

Mr Market doesnt seem to be dumping......not a snh scenario no fraud, loopholes in BS etc reported.....only discrepancy i could pick up was dude in zimbabwe taking money out of tills to build his house and he's challenging share% ......good buy?

Lionel, trust your balls on this one and don't get in.  You have enough worries with SNH.  This one will age you.

#178 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Crazy what is happening here. I would have never expected this share to get back to 70 cents so quickly. I mean they have not mention when financials will come out, nor the impact of findings from pwc. This could be a long process as prior years are impacted. 

#179 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Worried that this share is very vulnerable... Lots of interest but vagueness and uncertainty is an issue... As Polly says... Take profit expect dip

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#180 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Haha yeah Im out as well.

This statement relates to prior years and current year adjustments that can happen. I'm pretty sure PWC won't issue an opinion until they are happy. 

Was good riding this one but for now I'm out haha.

Polly, any other share u would recommend thats a good buy at the moment?

took a punt on ACL  during the week @3.10 

Looking for between 4 to 5 to bail.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting