https://twitter.com/...0841869312?s=20

#982 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

Nice big trade at market close. Seems like market sensitive information is always leaked.... Asc confirms drug..... Hopefully they will get permission to sell that everywhere....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#983 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Yesterday question asked about why did ascendis not make a noise around dexa... Think it was wise not to...... All Rand hedge counters should be seeing some renewed interest...... And this share has close to 50% of revenue in Rand, previous private equity deals were based on a euro pricing. Does it seem rediculous that this company can be worth its market cap.......
But the market is the market..... Amazing to see hotels go up in price...

#984 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

Ascendis has generic for dexamethasone. Dexa is an old drug. Routinely used. Remedica selling tons of it already from March. Hospitals have been stockpiling. And using... The research and media aware now but drs have already been adding this to their treatment regimes. Now with data they will add with more conviction and probably sooner and more liberally....
As we said in previous posts covid for some reasons plays directly to ascendis strengths... There are multiple business lines for supportive care, diagnosis, preventative and treatment that are being pumped... Mscientific group sells pathology testing machines that are compulsory for covid wards and now used all over hospitals and consumables for those.... Their equipment used by big labs in SA.... And now they cant keep up with orders... They have blown the ceiling... Sales through Africa internationally.... Many of these machines will still be required post covid and this is long term business as is the standard now for evaluating flues and infections..... Have been speaking to medical experts.... Since march.... And they seem to be also pumping these shares... Or buying that. Is..
. Time will tell........ There is a device called ecmo....... Used for icu patients. Massive demand apparently..... You should all do your own leg work..... MI am just sharing the info I got.... I have a massive stockpile of these shares.... Would love for to get the financials or for them to duelist as there locked in value is rediculous..... .....

#985 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

A clinical trial found that the steroid treatment reduced the death rate in patients requiring respiratory intervention as a result of Covid-19.
Shares of Aspen Pharmacare and Ascendis Health rallied yesterday after dexamethasone, a steroid treatment distributed by both companies, was found to reduce deaths in Covid-19 patients

which steroid does ascendis distribute?  Also dexamethasone?

Aspen has rights to and makes and distributes dexamethasone

#986 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:06 AM

Yet another reason for ascendis
Enjoy the rally friends.... Take off imminent whether you agree or not....

Strapped in and ready for take-off

#987 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:01 AM

Yet another reason for ascendis
Enjoy the rally friends.... Take off imminent whether you agree or not....

#988 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:00 AM

A clinical trial found that the steroid treatment reduced the death rate in patients requiring respiratory intervention as a result of Covid-19.
Shares of Aspen Pharmacare and Ascendis Health rallied yesterday after dexamethasone, a steroid treatment distributed by both companies, was found to reduce deaths in Covid-19 patients

#989 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

Don't think this impacts share.any studies already said its not the miracle cure... But still used outside of hospital.... See Andy post on all other product lines that are pumping due to covid.

One question which I can't see any info on is the impact of the margin calls on this share. It's a fantastic opportunity for us. But how do we as shareholders get protected from this.... Jse should have some protection for shareholders....

#990 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

From twitter

"And here is the breaking news we have all been waiting for: has decided to stop giving #hydroxychloroquine in its Solidarity trial.
5:54 PM · Jun 17, 2020·TweetDeck"

https://twitter.com/...1344726017?s=20https://twitter.com/...1344726017?s=20

#991 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

After reading the Aspen SENS out today could 1 of the followers/guru's on this thread answer why Ascendis hasn't to date released a SENS of similar or even more pronounced detail regarding their products...?

I would like to get on this boat but I need more than an internet chat room to convince me....

Thanks in advance..

Hi Soutie, they have released a very detailed statement on 9 April 2020. You can read up on the impact on their products. It sounded very promising for AsC

#992 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:30 PM

I guess soon enough we will find out how they have performed when their results come out in the next few months.

#993 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

After reading the Aspen SENS out today could 1 of the followers/guru's on this thread answer why Ascendis hasn't to date released a SENS of similar or even more pronounced detail regarding their products...?

I would like to get on this boat but I need more than an internet chat room to convince me....

Thanks in advance..

Anyone need a heads up...!

#994 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

I checked the latest SENS on disposals and it looks like they are still holding between 3 and 4.5% of the shares. This was November 2019 so not sure if they have disposed of all shares by now. 

But this is one of the biggest reason why this share is at R1. C2C was forced to sell shares.

#995 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

I could be wrong with c2c... They may have a few left, but not significant enough to move the price..... The base is nice at r1, also the PE is rediculous, and this company is so cheap, setup for an acquisition.
And as you outlined... The financials for a going concern and the debt rearrangement this is so crazy. Think market needs a set of financials similar to eoh.. Before the fire is lit. Have read lots of comments elsewhere where many say they happy to get on board... After the market starts to go crazy.... So can expect many days of pump..... Risk.... Issue..... Many may miss this boat as it could go to r4 on day one... And then the gain after to r10....... Which will still be great.... But imagine..... Getting in at r1 and riding to r10....

#996 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi c2c is out which is fantastic. There is alot of interest in the share. I picked up a nice bunch at r1. 00, could not get an order at 95c.
I am happy to hold this share for a few years......

#997 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

Geez volumes are high today. Wonder who is still selling at this price. IN do you know if C2C has sold off their holding yet due to margin calls? Or are they still holding some shares which are currently being sold?

#998 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

Does not work in end stages... But people using out of hospital and as prevention... Look sales over logic...... Either way this company has a number of product lines that are pumping now.. Not just the chloroquin.....the ecmo devices are high high end products. Many products are 40-50% margin lines.... The company sells pathology equipment required in icu by the scientific group...... And definately required to monitor any hospital patient.... They are pumping.... But don't take my word for it...... Share pruce has formed a nice base....... Lets see the future...... Also.... Note the current price is mainly from margin calls... This is a manipulated share victim to margin call dumping and poor regulation by jse..... Expect a very very nice reversal soon......

#999 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

Lancet and new England medicine... Google.... The editors now confess false reports forced by big pharma to discredit chloroquine.
Many countries using this..... Be great to see ascendis sales figures internationally......
We should expect more on this soon....
..... Everything setting up nicely.... Base in for this share.....

yes , but many countries such as India and UK, coming out and saying they find it doesnt work

#1000 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

Did a technical Analysis on ASC and just noticed the massive Gap that still needs to be closed between 2.62 and 2.83. Wonder how long it will take to close this Gap. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting