• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#141 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:15 PM

You got a lot of followers there. That was a big rug that got pulled. 

Ha Ha I very much doubt that..... :D  :D  :D  :D

Anyone need a heads up...!

#142 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:00 PM

Big klap, down to 5400.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#143 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

Last half sold @ R81+change...All out now just long term portfolio holdings remain deep in the red...

You got a lot of followers there. That was a big rug that got pulled. 

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#144 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:42 AM

Fund manager money needs to be deployed....This months pension monies sitting idle & the guru's are missing out on the rebound rally.

It's not their money so WTF.....

Sad but true.

#145 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:30 AM

Fund manager money needs to be deployed....This months pension monies sitting idle & the guru's are missing out on the rebound rally.

It's not their money so WTF.....

#146 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:25 AM

But check how price it's pumping.... Fok maybe I shud start doing opposite to what I think

#147 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:23 AM

Last half sold @ R81+change...All out now just long term portfolio holdings remain deep in the red...

#148 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

Very negative SENS out this morning in my opinion in terms of covid infections at their plants and cutting production.

Looks like Sasol is cutting production by 25% in Secunda due to a lack of demand and oversupply of Synfuels, and there may be further cuts. Not sure whats driving the Share price up at the moment, but its definitely not based on the fundamentals of the company.

Share price seems to be driven on theoretical outcomes of an Opec meeting that is yet to happen, but this shows the current oversupply of oil in the market due to Covid, irrespective of oil price. This is going to affect the bottom line in terms of profitability (a huge lack of demand), no matter what the oil price is artifically set to tomorrow.

Agree with you 100%....demand is just not going to be there

#149 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:19 AM

Agree with all your points Spell Jammer....This isn't rational behavior in the slightest however neither was the drop....

#150 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:16 AM

Very negative SENS out this morning in my opinion in terms of covid infections at their plants and cutting production.

Looks like Sasol is cutting production by 25% in Secunda due to a lack of demand and oversupply of Synfuels, and there may be further cuts. Not sure whats driving the Share price up at the moment, but its definitely not based on the fundamentals of the company. 

Share price seems to be driven on theoretical outcomes of an Opec meeting that is yet to happen, but this shows the current oversupply of oil in the market due to Covid, irrespective of oil price. This is going to affect the bottom line in terms of profitability (a huge lack of demand), no matter what the oil price is artifically set to tomorrow.

#151 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

Leverage is highly destructive to any CFD portfolio....But thankfully a door swings both ways..... I will sleep well tonight for the first time in wks....

Up 8+% as I type & in auction mode...

#152 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:48 AM

Think we gonna see a dump this morning?

#153 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:15 PM

Be very cautious.... This is brilliant... But... Really baaang..... USA consumption down significantly.... Prices are hedged..... China buying..... Up..... But next storage levels........ Going to be extremely worrisome..... Be great for the share to rally back to R200.....just to speculative....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#154 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:58 PM

Hats off to the guys who braved this out at R25. What a day this has had. How high can she go before the inevitable sell off?

#155 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

Yea and the Russians mentioned they will agree to production cut if trump comes to the party and I somehow do not seeing this happening... I'm sure Russia will use this as an opportunity for sanction uplifment as well

There's potential for huge up or down...

I'll be bystander on this

this may be another China trade deal scenario, where it could take forever to resolve. but I am in on sol

#156 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:06 PM

The meeting could prove to be all show & no action as Trump won't be there...He'll just be aware of the outcome if any...Then in true Trumped up patriotism lased dialogue he'll try to steal the limelight...The US are also trying to take market share from the Saudi's...This however isn't featured on the US dominated world media...

Yea and the Russians mentioned they will agree to production cut if trump comes to the party and I somehow do not seeing this happening... I'm sure Russia will use this as an opportunity for sanction uplifment as well

There's potential for huge up or down...

I'll be bystander on this

#157 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

Yea and also alot of profits to take... I'm ready to jump into this but gonna wait for outcome of that meeting

The meeting could prove to be all show & no action as Trump won't be there...He'll just be aware of the outcome if any...Then in true Trumped up patriotism lased dialogue he'll try to steal the limelight...The US are also trying to take market share from the Saudi's...This however isn't featured on the US dominated world media...

#158 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:07 PM

Geez sasol is flying.

Yea and also alot of profits to take... I'm ready to jump into this but gonna wait for outcome of that meeting

#159 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:06 PM

Oil steadied amid hopes that the world’s biggest producers of crude will agree to curtail production at a meeting to be held by video conference at 1400 GMT.

Taken from an article on Moneyweb.

Tom Westbrook, Reuters / 7 April 2020 06:41

Thanks

#160 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

Oil steadied amid hopes that the world’s biggest producers of crude will agree to curtail production at a meeting to be held by video conference at 1400 GMT.

Taken from an article on Moneyweb.

Tom Westbrook, Reuters  /  7 April 2020 06:41   

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting