Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#1081 toobs2000

toobs2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

SANTOVA LOGISTICS 

#1082 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

- Stock name: Pan African Resources PLC 
- Stock code:PAN
- Business model: focuses is on developing low cost, high margin production or near production projects. The Company has no debt
- Downside Risks: South Africa's labour landscape and gold pricing
- Investment case: Gold will bounce back once more and they are ready for anything, being debt free they is a plus for this outfit.
- Valuation: Just shy of R4bln on the JSE to me is not bad. 

#1083 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well the latest trading statement is a big boost if confidence for the bulls out there!!!

#1084 ultra1

ultra1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well we looking potential 10 baggers. I'd say POY still is sitting on a lot of value. Let's look at their pipeline. I'd say they are a potential "game changers" or "shape shifters". Companies that go off at a tangent and do something different that the market wants often do exceptionally well. They have a good business case. The winds are blowing in their favour.

#1085 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

POY has been on my watchlist since July. its up over 110%. i just wonder if it hasnt maybe run too hard already.

#1086 ultra1

ultra1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

POY has been fyling below the radar for some time...and when the get noticed they will set off on a trajectory to space. Macro conditions particulary in Africa hold them very much in good stead. They are pretty much sitting on a nugget. They just need a good plan, which they have, and execution. And with the acquisition of Aucom the intent is clear and the writing is on the wall. All indications as we speak are that they are very much on the charge!

#1087 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Chat again tomorrow Griffin.attachicon.gifRBA.png

OK Orca

http://data.moneyweb...s.asp?id=225007

http://dashboard.fin...8046&Ticker=RBA

Edited by Griffin, 15 December 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#1088 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Btw Keith, what is your time frame?

Next couple of years could mean anything....

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#1089 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good thread Keith.

Here's the first one that came to mind. I'm sure there are many others but MIX deserves some discussion

- Stock name: Mix Telematics
- Stock code: MIX
- Business model: Innovation driven tech company focussed on asset tracking and associated telemetrics. Post capex spend the business generates largely annuity driven income.
- Downside Risks: Essentially a tech comapny and so at risk of disruptive technologies appearing.
- Investment case: Market penetration is still low and adjacencies are rapidly opening up. MIX is well postioned to capture these opportunities. Great geographic footprint (including Africa) across both emerging and developed markets make it a great rand hedge. This diversification also defends revenue stream shocks in any given market. Management have proven themselves in terms of delivering over the past 5 years.
- Valuation: Looks high at the moment but positioned for growth.

10 bagger really???? :rolleyes:  B)

Well i suppose you own this stock so will have to pump it!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#1090 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Stock - Wescoal

Code - WSL

Business Model

Junior coal miner producing +/- 1.5mil tons per annum at present. They acquired what will be their flagship asset earlier this year with a view to upping overall production to 2.5mil tons by this time next year. Like most other junior miners they have an exploration division with some greenfield assets. Unlike their peers they have a trading division of significance which has recently been strengthened with some very wise executive appointments. Management are big holders of stock plus a BEE structure 2nd to none on the JSE.

Downside Risks

Bold forward looking plans should they not meet set targets.

Bigger increase in head office costs relatively speaking.

Exposed to labour strife on a couple of fronts miners / transport.

Being a junior miner....     

Investment Case

Management have proved themselves as good deal makers. They generate good positive cash flows & debt is very very low. Their ability to borrow is easy. Eskom contract for 700,000 tons per annum in place (18mths left to run). The chairman is well connected in areas where they operate. Earnings are growing with a maiden dividend behind them we can look forward to that being increased in the years ahead.  They will have 3 profitable mines operating very soon. A real chance at a 10 bagger me thinks

Valuation - Fairly valued at the moment around 220c- 240c Next set of results will push them closer to R3

Anyone need a heads up...!

#1091 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Stock name: PALLINGHURST RESOURCES LIMITED

- Stock code: PGL
- Business model: Buy undervalued companies and turn them around. Platinum, steel and luxury brand Faberge (easter eggs for rich people), the next Richemont.
- Downside Risks: Big exposure to mining, SA Labour problems.
- Investment case:
  • The Platinum Group Metals ("PGM") strategy is to build a portfolio of PGM investments, through acquisition and consolidation, into a single, low cost PGM producer of industry significance.
  • The Steel Making Materials strategy is to develop a platform to supply the key raw materials required for the production of steel, in particular manganese, iron ore and coking coal.
  • Gemfields' strategy is to create the leading ethical coloured gemstone producer, pursuing consolidation and vertical integration on an international scale.
  • Faberge is one of the most revered names in history and to this day remains synonymous with artistry and craftsmanship of the highest order. The strategy is to re-establish Faberge as one of the world's most exclusive and valuable luxury names.
- Valuation: Got in at R 2.50. One year target = R 5.00. Two year = R 10.00, Three year = R 20.00 (Christo Wiese pumped in about R8m this year....)

#1092 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

sorry wrong thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#1093 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

hi
whats the possibilty for adi
period jun 2012 to june 2013
heps up 27%
eps up 27%
dps up 14.9%
mkt cap 97.2%
att income 32.8%

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#1094 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

All the fundermentals on hand. Quite impressive. Do you have an idea what kind of coal KEH mines?

With Eskom being their biggest local customer, thermal coal.
In addition they do specialized coal for local consumption and export. Predominantly in the metallurgical related industries

#1095 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi Griffin

I'm not sure which tongue-in-cheek posts you are referring to. I have been watching KEH for some time now. They are fundamentally a good company with great growth potential. In their last trading statement, the key points that jumped out were:

R117 million gross profit compared to a gross loss of R38 million in the comparable period
HEPS up 192% from (21.1c) to 19.4c
R39 million debt repaid
70% increase in group revenue to R710 million
Net profit after tax of R42 million compared to a net loss after tax of R64 million for the comparable period
55% increase in Eskom sales to 1.1million tonnes
Commenced development of Pit 4 at Vanggatfontein
Acquisition of Xceed Resources Limited

All the fundermentals on hand. Quite impressive. Do you have an idea what kind of coal KEH mines?

#1096 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi Queen B, if you connect the dots of some of your tongue-in-cheek posts, you'll find in all likelyhood the answers for KEH beginning to do so well... then again I'm most probably wrong

Hi Griffin

I'm not sure which tongue-in-cheek posts you are referring to. I have been watching KEH for some time now. They are fundamentally a good company with great growth potential. In their last trading statement, the key points that jumped out were:

R117 million gross profit compared to a gross loss of R38 million in the comparable period
HEPS up 192% from (21.1c) to 19.4c
R39 million debt repaid
70% increase in group revenue to R710 million
Net profit after tax of R42 million compared to a net loss after tax of R64 million for the comparable period
55% increase in Eskom sales to 1.1million tonnes
Commenced development of Pit 4 at Vanggatfontein
Acquisition of Xceed Resources Limited

#1097 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Chat again tomorrow Griffin.Attached File  RBA.png   49.42KB   216 downloads

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#1098 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi Queen B, if you connect the dots of some of your tongue-in-cheek posts, you'll find in all likelyhood the answers for KEH beginning to do so well... then again I'm most probably wrong

#1099 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

KEH is one to watch also

Gone up nicely the past week

#1100 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

RBA share price nicely up 10% on good volumes. Guess some folk out there agree with my investment recomendation, today again

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting