909 replies to this topic

#761 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Those weak hands that sold out at 55 and change must be kicking themselves this morning.

Up >5% since that dip

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#762 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

attachicon.gifBloomberg.jpgBloomberg has updated the PE to 19.04

such a beautiful looking chart 

It is what people actually did in the stock market that counted – not what they said they were going to do. - JL

#763 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Interview with Anton Pillay

http://www.abndigita...EO-Anton-Pillay

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#764 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

What worries me most is what they stated in the results a year ago.

As an independent fund manager, our reputation and very existence depend on our
ability to outperform the market. It is therefore important that our business
does not grow to a level that impedes our ability to effectively manage client
assets.

It is a valid problem and the reason why they have the foresight to close funds once it gets too large. In the long run we all know growth will slow. HEPS cant rise at 80% for very long or it will soon be the worlds biggest company!

But I do think there is a lot of room to still grow, especially from their international funds. currently at around 50B. So maybe not 80%...but if they can manage 20-30% over the next 5 years or so I'll be more than happy with that

#765 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I am with gamma all the way, my target 90.00+ at fin year end (end Feb14).

#766 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Attached File  Bloomberg.jpg   94.58KB   41 downloadsBloomberg has updated the PE to 19.04

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#767 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

What worries me most is what they stated in the results a year ago.

As an independent fund manager, our reputation and very existence depend on our
ability to outperform the market. It is therefore important that our business
does not grow to a level that impedes our ability to effectively manage client
assets.

#768 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I read that but these guys are masters at managing expectations. very smart move in my opinion to throw that in. underpromise and over deliver. been doing it for years.

Secondly, I don't care how good these guys are at fund management they are as good as you and I at predicting what the global markets will do over the next 6 months (ie..not very :D )

Hugo Nelson said that in an interview with Money Morning 12 months ago.

#769 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I read the sens article. Scroll down to "Prospects" - http://www.sharenet....514070500&seq=2

I read that but these guys are masters at managing expectations. very smart move in my opinion to throw that in. underpromise and over deliver. been doing it for years.

Secondly, I don't care how good these guys are at fund management they are as good as you and I at predicting what the global markets will do over the next 6 months (ie..not very :D )

#770 grumpy old man

grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Not sure why you would think that. Just based on the facts, the growth this year is better than last year so why would you expect worse performance?

I read the sens article. Scroll down to "Prospects" - http://www.sharenet....514070500&seq=2

#771 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Went long on a few CFD contracts at 55.60

moved stop to 55.80. Risk free. target 61.00

:ph34r:

#772 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Agreed. It would be difficult to repeat last years phenomenal performance but I still expect steady growth and excellent dividends.

Not sure why you would think that. Just based on the facts, the growth this year is better than last year so why would you expect worse performance?

#773 grumpy old man

grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not only if the funds grow but if the market don't perform as it did then their income drops. I doubt that this year will be as good as last year.

Agreed. It would be difficult to repeat last years phenomenal performance but I still expect steady growth and excellent dividends.

#774 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

CML almost back to where they closed. I am a huge fan of this company. They have quality repeat earnings and provided the funds under management continue to grow so will their revenues. I realise the share price has moved substantially the past year or so but I still believe that it is a "must hold" in any long-term portfolio.

Not only if the funds grow but if the market don't perform as it did then their income drops. I doubt that this year will be as good as last year.

#775 grumpy old man

grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

CML almost back to where they closed. I am a huge fan of this company. They have quality repeat earnings and provided the funds under management continue to grow so will their revenues. I realise the share price has moved substantially the past year or so but I still believe that it is a "must hold" in any long-term portfolio.

#776 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Target of 5923, not based on Perreby's fair value although that does make me feel better. But simply on yesterdays close plus the div...

What you looking at Gamma?

70-90 by year end for my long term holding

For my trade today - Take profit at 61.00 Stop at 54.50 - Risk reward 5:1

#777 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have my holidings of CML in my long term portfolio. But this is too good not to take advantage of in the short term, I'm in on CFD's at all the fives. 5555

Target of 5923, not based on Perreby's fair value although that does make me feel better. But simply on yesterdays close plus the div...

What you looking at Gamma?

Edited by Barny, 14 May 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#778 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Buy volumes have increased tenfold over the past few minutes so should start going up now.

#779 ykhan

ykhan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Locationsunninghill

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

time to buy! :-P but whats driving it down? higher expectations? profit taking?

#780 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Went long on a few CFD contracts at 55.60

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting