• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#801 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Added more to my already large holding this morning. BoE also has the FWD PE at 22.

#802 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

EPS and HEPS is expected to be between 80% to 100% higher!...results coupled with AUM increase makes it a solid buy in my view.  my broker has the FWD PE at 21.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#803 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Havent looked at their financials in detail yet..

Still think they over priced just looking at them from face value...

But then again, markets have been very favourable for them.. And the increase in AUM doesn't hurt either..

But with earnings up say 60% to 80% as their SENS said (should make full year earnings around R2.75- R3.20 assuming constant earnings for second half)... It puts them on a PE of 18- 20

Edited by Perreby, 13 May 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#804 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Goliath, never to late to catch the next leg up ;)  had some cash reserved for a fixed property investment but decided to rather add to my existing CML, just waiting for a slight dip as a buy opp. uneasy committing a large sum in a single purchase when the stock is at all time highs, i'm buffered comfortably in the green currently so if there is a correction down the line should be able to offset the diff somewhat

True, but really don't want to sell some of my current holdings.. have been doing that waaaay too much! :(

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#805 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Goliath, never to late to catch the next leg up ;)  had some cash reserved for a fixed property investment but decided to rather add to my existing CML, just waiting for a slight dip as a buy opp. uneasy committing a large sum in a single purchase when the stock is at all time highs, i'm buffered comfortably in the green currently so if there is a correction down the line should be able to offset the diff somewhat

Edited by delta66, 13 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#806 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Saw Albert Maritz yesterday at Willowbridge when we had lunch and thought of you lucky buggers who hitched your wagon to this share! :D

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#807 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Did you guys see this

http://www.iol.co.za...75#.UY_S4yvk9k0

Thanks gamma. This confirms my statement.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#808 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Looking at the Unit Trusts in the weekend paper, I see that Coronation still has the most Plexcrowns in most sectors. So once again they will win the most Raging Bull Awards. So investors in CML are good for at least the next year. Then again, this happens every year and the ZAR/$ exchange rate is favourable for foreign institutional investors to keep the AUM growing.

To those that don't know Plexcrown rating. It is performance rating on how a fund has fared over time compared to other funds in it's category on a risk adjusted returns basis. The ratings also measures downside risk and managerial skill. This makes it very attractive to Pension Funds and other institutions.

Did you guys see this

http://www.iol.co.za...75#.UY_S4yvk9k0

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#809 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Looking at the Unit Trusts in the weekend paper, I see that Coronation still has the most Plexcrowns in most sectors. So once again they will win the most Raging Bull Awards. So investors in CML are good for at least the next year. Then again, this happens every year and the ZAR/$ exchange rate is favourable for foreign institutional investors to keep the AUM growing.

To those that don't know Plexcrown rating. It is performance rating on how a fund has fared over time compared to other funds in it's category on a risk adjusted returns basis. The ratings also measures downside risk and managerial skill. This makes it very attractive to Pension Funds and other institutions.

#810 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

you can still go to the old sharechat site and read the old posts.

Interesting when you look at what was being discussed exactly 1 year ago.

http://www.sharechat...msg/12524/0/40/

the debate was whether CML's fair value was around R25

Now this year we will repeat that same debate on R57. Next year we will debate it at R110.

#811 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

BBW. It does not work on that chart. It only works on the 1 year daily.

#812 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

fyi...the 20SMA is the simple moving average over the past 20 periods. If you want to be sure you are looking at the same trend then you need to ensure your periods are the same. My guess is Orca's are days while yours is likely 15 minute or lesser periods..

different periods can have radically different results

Thanks Gamma. Yes, I'm aware of that; that's why I say it's on the 4hr (interval) chart.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#813 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

The market is never wrong. Or is it in this case? Is it overbought just for the divi? I don't think so. Surely the Institutional investors have done their calculations on the value after the massive increase in AUM and invested accordingly. Not in their UT's but on the stock.

Surely by now you guys must admit that CML has been the stock of the decade.

Pity I can't get that thread back from 2010 where I first started hyping it up and RETIRED with it as my only stock when it was a virtually unknown stock and got all those negative replies that I will see my ass.

you can still go to the old sharechat site and read the old posts.

Interesting when you look at what was being discussed exactly 1 year ago.

http://www.sharechat...msg/12524/0/40/

the debate was whether CML's fair value was around R25

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#814 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Will admit, I'm jealous with envy on this one, good heavens! When I started last year it was around R26, just look at it go! :o

#815 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Their website states that 75% of their profits will go to divies.

#816 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

exactly. the trading update was much better than expected and so the fwd PE is lower. plus there must be a good chance of a juicer divi.

Yes the divi will be better. That is why the price has increased substantially as investors want the good divi.

#817 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

The market is never wrong. Or is it in this case? Is it overbought just for the divi? I don't think so. Surely the Institutional investors have done their calculations on the value after the massive increase in AUM and invested accordingly. Not in their UT's but on the stock.

Surely by now you guys must admit that CML has been the stock of the decade.

Pity I can't get that thread back from 2010 where I first started hyping it up and RETIRED with it as my only stock when it was a virtually unknown stock and got all those negative replies that I will see my ass.

#818 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

It looks that way.... we'll see next tuesday

exactly. the trading update was much better than expected and so the fwd PE is lower. plus there must be a good chance of a juicer divi.

#819 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Let me try, I'm not so clued up on all this computer stuff; I just use the thing. Not a technical trader either, but started to follow your guidelines.

Sorry, not winning, but I'll find out how and then post it. (IG Markets' Insight).

fyi...the 20SMA is the simple moving average over the past 20 periods. If you want to be sure you are looking at the same trend then you need to ensure your periods are the same. My guess is Orca's are days while yours is likely 15 minute or lesser periods..

different periods can have radically different results

#820 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

It looks that way.... we'll see next tuesday

Interim results due next week, are we seeing early excitment once again?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting