CML that sucks! Was nice to her rising up today:wub:

#522 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Was watching the close. Single buyers bidding R4 to R5M at over 6000 when the price was 5935. Was just crazy. The last 5 minutes the buy volumes jumped 20 fold.

Once again I haven't checked the OCP but I'm sure it will be over 6000. Hopefully there will be no late after hours trades to drop it.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#523 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

...204M on the floor :o  big volumes ;)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#524 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Delta does this mean you going to buy ABL shares as well???  :D

not a chance :P ..but it makes sense if you picking the bottom market for bargains..these are all long play positions ;)

#525 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Orca, I think even Warren Buffet follows this thread. So pls do not say that.

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#526 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Delta does this mean you going to buy ABL shares as well???  :D

DISCLOSURE OF SIGNIFICANT HOLDING OF ABIL ORDINARY SHARES

In accordance with the JSE Limited Listings Requirements and
Section 122(3( B) of the Companies Act 2008, shareholders are
advised that Coronation Asset Management Limited has on 20 June
2013, notified the Company that accounts under its management has
increased its holding in the Company, such that their total
interest in the Company now amounts to 5.65% of the total issued
ordinary shares of the Company.

Midrand
21 June 2013

Interesting.............

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#527 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

DISCLOSURE OF SIGNIFICANT HOLDING OF ABIL ORDINARY SHARES

In accordance with the JSE Limited Listings Requirements and
Section 122(3(B) of the Companies Act 2008, shareholders are
advised that Coronation Asset Management Limited has on 20 June
2013, notified the Company that accounts under its management has
increased its holding in the Company, such that their total
interest in the Company now amounts to 5.65% of the total issued
ordinary shares of the Company.

Midrand
21 June 2013

Interesting.............

-5.6% :mellow:   don't worry Orca, they by no means "a gonner" :D

#528 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

-5.6% :mellow:   don't worry Orca, they by no means "a gonner" :D

#529 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

was tempted to buy at around 58.00 but holding until tomorrow, if our market in general continues sliding then price will prob drop further. 

CML normally does not slide with the market. I have not looked at the closing price as I am too scared to but if it has fallen more than 3% then I'm afraid CML is a gonner. Foreign investors are pulling out their Billions from SA like in asap. This will hurt CML badly come next AUM report.

#530 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

was tempted to buy at around 58.00 but holding until tomorrow, if our market in general continues sliding then price will prob drop further. 

#531 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Now that is a big discrepancy between Perreby and Bull.

Yes, but my valuations are extremely conservative..  Minimizes my down side risk this way.. ^_^

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#532 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

My fair value calculation for CML based on the latest results is .................................................................................................,

drum roll......................................................................................................................................................................................,

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................,

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................,.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................,

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................,.

R92.37!!!!!

BUT if this market corrects, get out of this one QUICKLY.

Now that is a big discrepancy between Perreby and Bull.

#533 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Attached a graph of CML..

The blue lines indicates the "fair value" I called CML at that specific point in time..

So May 2012, it was valued at R29.01

November 2012 it was valued at R35.20

May 2013 it was valued at R59.10

Attached File  CML_fairvalue.bmp   1.44MB   47 downloads

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#534 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Looks like she left a gap at 6130.

#535 marcoza

marcoza

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Delta don't get me wrong they are a great management team and have done incredibly well. Maybe it does pay off.. who knows.. Just interesting to me that they are backing retail sector when almost every other report I've read is pessimistic towards the sector.

It does become a problem when your firm does grow too big because you are forced to put the capital somewhere at the end of the day. This could backfire on their performance. Easier to allocate capital when you deal with half or a quarter of their assets under management.

#536 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

100% agreed HDB.. they now own 10% of TFG - if this market had to come crashing down, to try sell 10% of the market cap with no liquidity, good luck to them! Risky business but who knows, maybe they right and they'll be laughing at us, or the other way around.... interesting times!

fact is..the joke's been on everyone else over the last few years who said otherwise, my bet would be their strategy will continue paying off.  surprised they have space to keep all their awards/trophy's they keep winning.

#537 marcoza

marcoza

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

100% agreed HDB.. they now own 10% of TFG - if this market had to come crashing down, to try sell 10% of the market cap with no liquidity, good luck to them! Risky business but who knows, maybe they right and they'll be laughing at us, or the other way around.... interesting times!

#538 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

R64.00 before ex divi...Stop R70.00

Take profit near R50.00

Went as low as R55.00 but turned back up!!  Im prepared to hold patiently....Still in a profit to date!!  :)

I'd move my stop to 64.00. If it breaks 64 its more likely to move further up than down.

US markets down on Ben so chances are we'll see a sell off in CML tomorrow

Edited by gamma, 19 June 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#539 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

CML has been making quite a few acquisitions lately (SPP, EXX, TFG). One wonders whether its a case of them getting a bit "big" in terms of assets under management and the need to utilize the capital inflows from new clients or whether there is indeed value in their selected stocks. I find it interesting that they have taking positions in retailers, both SPAR and FOSCHINI given the pessimistic outlook from the rest of the market. This will be interesting to watch in the up and coming months.

That why i said its a pyramid scheme...They continue buying a particular share taking the price up and up. Thet have so much cash they still buy and up goes the price. They portfolios and unit trusts all look great...more money comes in...they then do same adding more of same shares..Portfolios look even better...Everybody says what a great company...there share price shoots like a rocket..Everybody including Orca are very happy...This carries on and on....

Now.................

When the **** hits the fan , when these same companies cannot meet expectations, when the Bull market is over.....................BOOOM

Pyramid scheme and bubble waiting to be blow away!!

Then see what happens to CMLs portfolios......

Hell if i had a hundred billion i could do the same for a few number of shares.. Just buy and buy and buy...and see what happens to the share price of the company im buying!!  When i then try to sell...Sorry no buyes...BOOOM

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#540 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

HDB, what you open your short at? 50 somethin?

R64.00 before ex divi...Stop R70.00

Take profit near R50.00

Went as low as R55.00 but turned back up!!  Im prepared to hold patiently....Still in a profit to date!!  :)

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting