• Please log in to reply
814 replies to this topic

#201 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

That PNC bounce is looking more and more like a dead cat...

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I didn't even believe myself when i posted that the first time the share bounced! :D

#202 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

That PNC bounce is looking more and more like a dead cat...

Attached File  Capture.PNG   18.75KB   90 downloads

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#203 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Seems like it is slightly undervalued at the moment, so you could do a lot worse than get in now - http://www.relativev....co.za/sol.html

I like their long term prospects, and if they deliver I think they really gonna fly

Could anyone please give me any insight regarding getting into Sasol now?

It seems to be relatively fairly valued, high dividend, big prospects with the US plant developments... Seems to tick all the long term boxes?

Sorry for interrupting your Naspers discussion gamma :)

I hold these ... and I will hold them for the long term. 

Careful though, cause they went ex div yesterday so don't be fooled by the slight dip.

Excellent business though, prints lots of cash. Also has some political risk and high capex associated with it ... 

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#204 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

Considering a position in NPN given the dip.
I meant to open one at 500 but looked rich at the time...
What's the current thinking?

I watch the long term trend and the possible break below the support Gamma.... I'm not a fan of the share as an investment, but could be an interesting trade.

#205 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

Tough one...due a bounce but nothing more...so if you are looking for a quick in and out then go for it but be careful...high PE, high growth stocks were the flavour whole of last year...now they are out of favour and investors are still very overweight these momentum names.

#206 brendonfiddes

brendonfiddes

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Seems like it is slightly undervalued at the moment, so you could do a lot worse than get in now - http://www.relativev....co.za/sol.html

I like their long term prospects, and if they deliver I think they really gonna fly

#207 newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Could anyone please give me any insight regarding getting into Sasol now?

It seems to be relatively fairly valued, high dividend, big prospects with the US plant developments... Seems to tick all the long term boxes?

Sorry for interrupting your Naspers discussion gamma :)

#208 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#209 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Starting to look like that little bounce from PNC might be over.

#210 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

I think people need look broader. PNC is not the only share on the market. If you have big enough balls to back this management team then good luck to you. But investing is about RISK alongside potential returns. I will stay away from this one... there are other shares available, some with great value and sound management teams. I don't understand why people would want to engage in such a binary play on events still to come and back a management team that has not covered itself in glory over the past week ...unless you're just a gambler.

On the very short term i believe people will make money off this bounce, but a disciplined trader will have to enter stop losses, and hope there'll be buyers when the stop loss levels are reached.

As for me, i think the buying by directors is just crisis management, they are trying to save face after what happened last week. Come court date, we'll see what really happened as far as the allegations are concerned..... i'm also keeping an eye on what the JSE will say about the trades made just before the announcement, as well as the delay in making that announcement! ;)

#211 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Directors buying loads of shares in PNC at the moment.

There are some unanswered questions surrounding them still and I'm still treading carefully but you can't argue with the size of these purchases over the last few days and the confidence they're trying to instill back into Pinnacle. They obviously have the best overall view of their company (and into the current allegations) and the fact that quite a few of them are investing litterally millions of their own money at these levels back into the company is a massive positive sign to me.

I think people need look broader. PNC is not the only share on the market. If you have big enough balls to back this management team then good luck to you. But investing is about RISK alongside potential returns. I will stay away from this one... there are other shares available, some with great value and sound management teams. I don't understand why people would want to engage in such a binary play on events still to come and back a management team that has not covered itself in glory over the past week ...unless you're just a gambler.

#212 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

Directors buying loads of shares in PNC at the moment.

There are some unanswered questions surrounding them still and I'm still treading carefully but you can't argue with the size of these purchases over the last few days and the confidence they're trying to instill back into Pinnacle. They obviously have the best overall view of their company (and into the current allegations) and the fact that quite a few of them are investing litterally millions of their own money at these levels back into the company is a massive positive sign to me.

#213 hexadecimal

hexadecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Massmart

May 31, 2013,  MSM hit a high of 20800, 28th Feb 2014 it hit a low of 11000, that's a huge correction. It also hit it's trend line going back 11 years. 

I don't think this will be the end of the lows, but, is this not time to start a nibble?  Other retailers look ill, this one looks likes it's past it's fever.

Kumba is doing something similar, should I just take BIL instead?

Need some opinion's please and any other thoughts or condemnation?

Attached Files

'I only see, what I've learnt to see' -  ;) 

#214 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yes but as per Orca's comments below how do you know whether they are going long and not buying back their short positions!

:D

Because the SENS does not state that they are CFD's. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#215 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

See SENS' coming through directors are buying PNC shares, quite a lot of them.

Yes but as per Orca's comments below how do you know whether they are going long and not buying back their short positions!

:D

#216 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

They'll do anything to get confidence back! I'll sit on sidelines for now..

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#217 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

In my view, PNC's top management needs to be replaced to get investor confidence back. 

IG SA40

#218 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

In my view, PNC's top management needs to be replaced to get investor confidence back. 

#219 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Gamma. Please show me where it states that they were Shorts. You go waaaay back to 2013 and you still cannot show if the recent trades were longs or shorts. Please enlighten me.

Orca I only posted a few trades but I looked back further and didn't see any evidence of these trades opened as longs. I think you can safely say that if you want to go long and hold for many years it makes little sense to do it with CFDs. CFDs are always considered trades and so long term you have no chance of disposing at CGT tax rates. Sure maybe he is hedging..possible. 

But tell me, from what you have heard and seen so far do you trust these guys?

#220 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Gamma is stumped now. 

I must add that if I were a manager in PNC, then I would hold shares in it via performance fee or other. Not so?.

To preserve my money, I would take insurance in this debacle by hedging it with a short. Would you not? I'm sure you would.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting