814 replies to this topic

#161 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

hi Gamma/Goliath..been a holder of GPL since shortly after listing and recently added more at 640

great company with forward prospects..good capital growth,decent div..very good investment case

Well done on getting in early. I watched this stock a long time before buying. Prospects definitely looking good going forward.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#162 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Bought CIL last week so far so good.
It appears there is some stealth buying going on.
Disclaimer: Been watching Bond movies a lot lately.

great share. Going from strength to strength.

#163 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Bought CIL last week so far so good.

It appears there is some stealth buying going on.

Disclaimer: Been watching Bond movies a lot lately.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#164 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

hi Gamma/Goliath..been a holder of GPL since shortly after listing and recently added more at 640

great company with forward prospects..good capital growth,decent div..very good investment case

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#165 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

AFORBES [AFH] & PSG-KONSULT [KST] have disappointed in their 1st month of listening!

#166 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Added some more MTN.

Opened a small PSG position.

LTP has been sluggish this year after 3 years of stellar growth. 

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#167 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Added some GPL to my portfolio..

GPL has done well since.

#168 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Any holders of ATT here?

I am extremely unhappy with this holding. :angry:

I see the MD has been selling it hard and the price is going nowhere.

Clearly the bosses are making the bucks in Atterbury developments while shareholders in ATT have to sit with the sub par yield.

#169 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

The market might have expected even MORE from OMN? Talk 702 money show discussed OMN briefly on the day and the comment from the analyst was: "OMN is one of those high PE shares I will gladly hold". Vote of confidence if you ask me. I will be adding some more to OMN when I have spare cash again.

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#170 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

I will hold on to MTA for long term. Their next results will shoot the lights out. As for OMN, my steady growth stock had good results 

out today but it lost over 2%???

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#171 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Won't complain - I have a big holding. Toped up a bit @ R39.50 when there was a sell off with the release of the expected "poor" results. I love it when they panic.

+1, MTA is 20% of my portfolio.

I topped up at 39.20 - had a look at the chart...technicals still look weak, I won't be surprised if we see it test 36-37.  Will happily top up again at that level.

B)

#172 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Good times.  Ellies now trading at R.3.71.  Where all the punters of yesteryear?

HAHAHA ... it's rough out here

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#173 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Same here. Finally took a small punt. Been passively watching it move up too long. I like their entrepreneurial attitude and although I still think FBR kicks their ass in the fast food sector I see BK opening up everywhere.  The fast food sector is quite saturated but I suspect they will still see some further growth there. Wouldn't be surprised in they do some more deals down the line too.

#174 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Added two big chunks to my LTP. Bulked up my APN and re-added MTN (sold around the Iran debacle)

Probably should have waited for a proper market correction but since I've a 10-15 year horizon its hopefully not too much of an issue.

Pretty overweight telcos now as I'm still heavy on VOD but APN and MTN both offer more growth as well as rand hedge capability. Plus both are defensive.

#175 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Eli broke above resistence at R9.50 which is now resistence...

BBW you bought at the perfect price... Next port of call R12.50

Good times.  Ellies now trading at R.3.71.  Where all the punters of yesteryear?

#176 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#177 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Metair is a good share for when the economy is buoyant and buying cars, presently the figures are down considerably, which is reflected in by the graph, if anything this is a share to short presently.

Following copied from:

NAAMSA MEDIA RELEASE :COMMENT ON THE April 2014 NEW VEHICLE SALES STATISTICS

The new car market had remained under pressure during April, 2014 and at 30 848 units reflected a decline of 3 648 units or a fall of 10.6% compared to the 34 496 new cars sold in April last year.

Domestic sales of new light commercial vehicles, bakkies and mini buses at 12 796 units during April 2014 had reflected a fall of 1 662 units or 11.5% compared to the 14 458 light commercial vehicles sold during the corresponding month last year.

Sales of vehicles in the medium and heavy truck segments of the Industry at 795 units and 1 574 units, respectively, also reflected declines of 111 units or a fall of 12.3%, in the case of medium commercial vehicles, and a more modest fall of 64 units or a decline of 3.9%, in the case of heavy trucks and buses, compared to the corresponding month last year.

Industry new vehicle exports during April, 2014 at 16 801 vehicles had registered a sharp decline of 8 142 units or a fall of 32.6% compared to the 24 943 vehicles exported in April last year. From the middle of 2014, the momentum of Industry vehicle exports was expected to improve.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#178 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

MTA is my next CML. I will hype it up as Farouk says I do. No offence Farouk. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#179 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

MTA will show great results in 5 months time as their new Turkey acquisition was only factored in over 3 weeks

with their last results.

Won't complain - I have a big holding. Toped up a bit @ R39.50 when there was a sell off with the release of the expected "poor" results. I love it when they panic.

Edited by Jonny, 07 May 2014 - 02:04 PM.

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#180 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Orca, do you still believe Mta will double this year?

MTA will show great results in 5 months time as their new Turkey acquisition was only factored in over 3 weeks
with their last results.

I see, thanks. They're definitely one of my favourite long term holdings at the moment.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting