814 replies to this topic

#181 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Orca, do you still believe Mta will double this year?

MTA will show great results in 5 months time as their new Turkey acquisition was only factored in over 3 weeks

with their last results.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#182 Kindread

Kindread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Yep. Unfortunately the requirement to be included in the index is 5 years of consistent payouts, compared to the 25 years of the US dividends aristocrats index. There will probably always be periods where it is not reflecting performance across a recession (such as right now), compared to 25 years were it would end up including performance in a few bear markets and recessions. I'm curious what the holdings will look like a little bit after the next one.

#183 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Grindrod has started an ETF that tracks the new S&P South African Dividends Aristocrats Index. It tracks companies that have always maintained or increased their dividend payout for at least 5 years.

http://us.spindices....aristocrats-zar

The announcement article on Moneyweb has a list of holdings.

http://www.moneyweb....smart-beta-etfs

Thanks. Very interesting!

Its a fairly short time frame and looking at the stocks some look quite cyclical but still its a good start. Once we have 10-15 years data I'd be a lot more confident.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#184 Kindread

Kindread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Very interesting data. Would be great to assess for JSE stocks. Anyone know whether a list of such stocks exist?

http://www.marketwat...-569-2014-04-28

Grindrod has started an ETF that tracks the new S&P South African Dividends Aristocrats Index. It tracks companies that have always maintained or increased their dividend payout for at least 5 years.

http://us.spindices....aristocrats-zar

The announcement article on Moneyweb has a list of holdings.

http://www.moneyweb....smart-beta-etfs

Edited by Kindread, 06 May 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#185 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

i bought metair at R45. any views on this over next 12 months?
or should i get out and buy gold with rand price going up?

regards

She's just following the market. Hold on. GLD will go up a bit this week only and MTA will double this year.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Orca, do you still believe Mta will double this year?

#186 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Grindrod moving close buy territory. 

Anyone got info on the upcoming cash raise....?        

Anyone need a heads up...!

#187 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Very interesting data. Would be great to assess for JSE stocks. Anyone know whether a list of such stocks exist?

http://www.marketwat...-569-2014-04-28

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#188 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I've stated many times here that my long term strategy is to invest in companies that are expanding north.

This is info-graphic nicely sums up why

http://www.bloomberg...-forecasts.html

#189 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

You need to put the Perreby sign in the sky. Maybe he will come and help with a valuation.

Any views on GPL for the long term? This partnership with Burger King could be quite something - 12 stores in 1st year. Has anyone performed any valuations of GPL?

#190 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Any views on GPL for the long term? This partnership with Burger King could be quite something - 12 stores in 1st year. Has anyone performed any valuations of GPL?

#191 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

I see Purple mentioned somewhere else as well, any specific reason why u added it ?

Ja, it does not follow my rather cautious approach. Basically I like to have the odd punt now and again. Usually this takes the form of sport betting - but the Super 15 is killing me at the moment - so decided on a couple of penny stocks instead!

PPE graph reminds me of Finbonds before launch - and I missed that that one even though had almost bought at 15c a few times.

#192 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

</blockquote>
I see Purple mentioned somewhere else as well, any specific reason why u added it ?</blockquote>

Purple is starting to quip my interest but i don't know anything about it...

Anyone with any info on it?

#193 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

My porfolio was looking a bit boring so added Purple, Value and ADH - but very small quantities Have a little reserved for MIX. I have around 10 - 15% more capital to invest over the next few months and will probably add RMI, maybe FNB, SPAR and add to HYprop, CML. This is a very long term portfolio aimed at getting a dividend income. Not looking at shooting the lights out, 12.5% capital growth sans dividends will keep me happy.

Share Code % of Equities ARB ARH 1.12% A V I AVI 3.24% ARROW A AWA 2.10% BATS BTI 4.10% CLIENTELE CLI 0.61% CORONAT CML 10.46% CAPITEC CPI 5.09% FORTRESSA FFA 2.22% GRANPRADE GPL 1.48% GROWPNT GRT 4.96% HYPROP HYP 3.29% IMPERIAL IPL 4.00% INTUPLC ITU 3.85% INTUPLC NPL ITUN 0.38% KUMBA KIO 4.85% MMI HLDGS MMI 3.07% MR PRICE MPC 6.10% MTN GROUP MTN 4.82% NAMPAK NPK 3.94% PERGRIN PGR 1.56% PURPLE PPE 0.57% RI PLC RPL 7.87% SA CORP SAC 4.27% SPURCORP SUR 4.35% TRUWTHS TRU 3.15% VALUE VLE 1.11% VODACOM VOD 3.50% ZEDER ZED 1.35%

I see Purple mentioned somewhere else as well, any specific reason why u added it ?

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#194 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

My porfolio was looking a bit boring so added Purple, Value and ADH - but very small quantities Have a little reserved for MIX. I have around 10 - 15% more capital to invest over the next few months and will probably add RMI, maybe FNB, SPAR and add to HYprop, CML. This is a very long term portfolio aimed at getting a dividend income. Not looking at shooting the lights out, 12.5% capital growth sans dividends will keep me happy.

Share Code % of Equities ARB ARH 1.12% A V I AVI 3.24% ARROW A AWA 2.10% BATS BTI 4.10% CLIENTELE CLI 0.61% CORONAT CML 10.46% CAPITEC CPI 5.09% FORTRESSA FFA 2.22% GRANPRADE GPL 1.48% GROWPNT GRT 4.96% HYPROP HYP 3.29% IMPERIAL IPL 4.00% INTUPLC ITU 3.85% INTUPLC NPL ITUN 0.38% KUMBA KIO 4.85% MMI HLDGS MMI 3.07% MR PRICE MPC 6.10% MTN GROUP MTN 4.82% NAMPAK NPK 3.94% PERGRIN PGR 1.56% PURPLE PPE 0.57% RI PLC RPL 7.87% SA CORP SAC 4.27% SPURCORP SUR 4.35% TRUWTHS TRU 3.15% VALUE VLE 1.11% VODACOM VOD 3.50% ZEDER ZED 1.35%

#195 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Let's hear your opinion, been long time favourite of mine after gamma brought it to our attention

Still too expensive for me. 

I prefer lower price risk ... the price point for MIX is still a bit too rich for my pocket. 

I like the business though... so will keep it on my watch list.

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#196 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I wonder why PNC made a whopping 10% today? Markets went down and she did this!!! No news and as I know them over the years, they often come out with a SENS to appease investors to get the price to move up.

Perhaps the bosses are driving the price up with giving junior bosses money to invest at high prices. So no SENS required.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#197 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Added some Mix Telematics at current levels again.. :rolleyes:

Let's hear your opinion, been long time favourite of mine after gamma brought it to our attention

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#198 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'm going to take some time over the weekend to take a deeper look at MIX. 

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#199 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Portfolio as it stands(yep, love my property):

Arrowhead B - 33%

Attaq - 25%

Fortress A - 33%

RBA Holdings - 9%

Adding MIX Telematics again after I jumped out in the high times, see this one has gone down quite a bit recently, great time to add I'd say!

Then also going to take a nibble on Visual International as my second punt.

#200 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

Portfolio as it stands(yep, love my property):

Arrowhead B - 33%

Attaq - 25%

Fortress A - 33%

RBA Holdings - 9%

Adding MIX Telematics again after I jumped out in the high times, see this one has gone down quite a bit recently, great time to add I'd say!

Then also going to take a nibble on Visual International as my second punt.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting