#20661 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

proof of rigged markets....if the dow closes at 16447 you'll all understand well...and become believers

#20662 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Closed all positions.

Await futher buying opportunity.

#20663 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

43638 anyone??

#20664 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

ohh that's promising ....the dow is acting up well..looking really solid!

confident I say..marvelous...smarting from it's behaviour.

exogenous!! ther's blood in dem streets.

#20665 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

only joking guys...i know precisely what's occurring....

what I said the first day I arrived though..is do the novices and pros (that only started trading 4 years ago after the 2008 debacle ans the bull that ensued) understand what its like to be skinned alive on the short side of the fall?

most traders dont understand shorts....they'll get killed

the answer is no. they dont.

and there's a skinning coming any day now...exogenous. tick tock

foofi weeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeee foofi

#20666 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

If we can get your hands on net foreign inflows it might make a bit more sense..We only just turned positive a month ago after having been negative for the pass 3 months. If its sustained inflows then yeah..take a guess where it might end up.

Well said!

And that wedge pointed out is breaking topside and got some serious consolidation in it...will we see that blow off top, stay tuned!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#20667 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

weeeeee back down the Foofi slide....weeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeee

#20668 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

what is this alsi's problem going up like this ...its incredible

and I seen these frenetic buyers before....a top??

aussi and japan wretching..alsi just rages ahead....unless its a fleecing ...a distribution pattern...

who here  cannot understand that regardless of rand prospects etc...the world markts could easily correct and start from a healthier pe

or just keep going up into the stratos'ere...holi bazooka if alsi cannot hold 44000 the **** will

insane hyperinflation ....hyperbole meltup ..those wedges are looming large 'n someone gonna get bliksem'd

It's been tracking the Hand Seng

The Hang Seng tracks WTI Oil.

This is what will happen next on WTI oil

If the waves are correct then WTI oil is about to sell off

oilccccc.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20669 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

what is this alsi's problem going up like this ...its incredible

and I seen these frenetic buyers before....a top??

aussi and japan wretching..alsi just rages ahead....unless its a fleecing ...a distribution pattern...

who here  cannot understand that regardless of rand prospects etc...the world markts could easily correct and start from a healthier pe

or just keep going up into the stratos'ere...holi bazooka if alsi cannot hold 44000 the **** will

insane hyperinflation ....hyperbole meltup ..those wedges are looming large 'n someone gonna get bliksem'd

#20670 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

JP Morgan report earnings tomorrow and I expect big things to happen!Swoosh

A

Edited by Argento, 10 April 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#20671 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

what a fight  at 43970 hey?? wow...who wins this

again roundtree you call a good level to exit 43980...great trading lad..i assume you are out for a quick R13k..yum

Thanks, brother. I couldn't wait for my original target. It got a bit scary when the US opened and I decided to cash my chips.  

Happy trading!

#20672 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

schweet mon....nice

wow maybe should held onto a few...alsi just doan wanna drop ...amazing strength...but i still smell a rat now...i said that 44067/77 would close..

this does look like anticipated rand weakness though..can it hold

euphoria..mom and pop coming into the market at the highs...sure it is.

#20673 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Long 6 @ 43725. 

And out at 43979. 

Happy trading!

#20674 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

what a fight  at 43970 hey?? wow...who wins this

again roundtree you call a good level to exit 43980...great trading lad..i assume you are out for a quick R13k..yum

#20675 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

argento ..thanks

but how do you explain the falling MACD in the below section of your chart??

on my charts market breadth...rsi and macd's are falling with new highs...this illustrates exhaustion.

just saying

it's what makes markets. all good

There is so much you need to take in consideration when viewing charts, what pattern is playing out, seasonal impact as we have earnings now etc.

We bottomed on the 08th April and now going up, she will make return moves etc that will bring down the macd's etc but then you go to the higher timeframes to see, I rarely use the smaller timeframes for my wave trades!

Short trend, medium trend and long trend, important to nominate what is taking hold and trade accordingly!

Every time we see red the bears get excited for only to see she goes up again, but all in all this is a very tricky time as cycles and seasonals and charts are all at war at the moment, the big institutions have not started selling yet...but soon they will, it's the smaller guys that is creating these up and down movements that in the end is just part of the top distribution...!

My passion is charts and if you read Reminiscence of a Stock Operator on Livingstone, the most successful trader that lived, he referred to it as "the tape", your one and only true indicator on making trading successful.The market is just too diverse to think rational and trade it fundamentally on our level!Unless you are investing....

We are all artists and every trade is your masterpiece....your strategy is the holy grail of trading, so many traders loose money cause they listen to others, you can learn but is like the Matrix, you are Neo and need to become one with it..! :D

A

Edited by Argento, 10 April 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#20676 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

ajs

thanks and definitely brother...charts can frustrate..and one is surprised...but like you say experinece is also there to assist...agreed.

#20677 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

ajs

a chart IS by default the pragmatic view of what the market IS doing..a chart contains all information one needs to trade/invest. (give or take sigma events.)

but to say a market is not following a chart is a strange comment...the chart is the markets action.

charts contain the dna of the market aggregate.....the aggregate action is in the chart and the main indicators.

anyone that does not understand this simply does not understand charts.

but okay you have a system sppecific to you outside of charts. thanks

I get what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent. I am a HUGE TA fan, I love my charts.  And the saying "its all in the charts" I've used many times.  I think I'm echoing the frustration with charts and reality not lining up/playing out.  Just meant to say that there are other forces that can't be captured by a chart that will keep things "irrational" even if the charts point in the other direction.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#20678 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

roundtree you are an excellent trader squire...i dont know what model you use but it works...

are you in finance....trading a prop desk?...or are you a bricklayer ;)

i only see this as shorts covering due to their shock of seeing the alsi go to new highs (and rand bounce)... but I dont think it has legs... we cannot expect to breach 44000 by 280 points and feel this is simply a back test...i would be short at 44067 and higher

ultimate target 42500...longer term 39900..with ups and downs along the way.

LOL. I'm a bricklayer ZoomZ. You were saying the other day that the market is rigged, which is what I also believe. So, I trade it like  a rigged market. 

You're right, this leg up doesn't look strong at all. But here's how I see it.

I think 43989 is where I should off load these bad boys. I may be wrong but that where I also plan to sell. 

Happy days, brother. 

Happy trading!

#20679 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

ajs

a chart IS by default the pragmatic view of what the market IS doing..a chart contains all information one needs to trade/invest. (give or take sigma events.)

but to say a market is not following a chart is a strange comment...the chart is the markets action.

charts contain the dna of the market aggregate.....the aggregate action is in the chart and the main indicators.

anyone that does not understand this simply does not understand charts.

but okay you have a system sppecific to you outside of charts. thanks

#20680 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

i wanna challenge anyone...on the bulls side that is....to show the forum..illustrate what they mean by no evidence of a confirming short trade...and to illustrate where they see market strength in charts?

show us positive divergences etc..or whatever they wish to to show the novices including me where they see the strength using charts?

use anything you want preferably a chart showing this

yes ..show a diagram of this..any time frame preferably daily?

anyone 

This is assuming that the market is rationally following what a chart says. Which it doesn't.  If everyone were to trade straight off what the charts say at any given moment the market would be a self-fulfilling prophecy in the charts.  That is were people get the "edge" - following their own convictions and applying what they've learnt from experience (and "gut feel") and not merely just going short because a stochastic or MACD is showing negative divergence.

My opinion though.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting