The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

gringots

you deserve a beer...superb insight

I dont know how to draw it in swordfish either...of course i dont need to draw it.... I look at it and guess its 23 degrees

but what you are onto is right.....well kinda..well done..rmember it's a hidden pivot angle

my clients cannot be jealous or angry because i did not give you the meaning of 23 degrees line...but what you are trying looks correct....it's where and why we draw the 23 degrees line that counts.

#21702 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

inside pivots might be vague and a skill seldom known but normal pivots are no secret....anyone trading pivots alone should make a fabulous living....if one wants to be excellent one must be magic.

inside pivots I have learnt....here's a secret....23 degrees...... the tilt off the earth's axis is 23.5 degrees.... ;) an inside pivot normally starts or stops at a 23 degree angle....aah ..an angle but but but at an angle to what? ;)

but a fabulous living is easily attainable to most traders....if they use a few very simple techniques....pivots are a very very excellent start.

Great now I've gone off on a tangent about how to draw a 23 degree angle in swordfish, which is kinda hard, which involves drawing circles and triangles and then you have to position them and its a bit of a nightmare. 

What version of Swordfish are you using Zoomz?(it is easier to say if only in your head)

Drawing a 23 degree line in prorealtime however is easy, and drawing it from the high at around 14:30 on the 10 minute does seem to create a nice line of support/resistance where the top40 cash is now.

No idea if I'm doing this right or not.

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#21703 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

oh you beauty....man i didn't read the JUN part...sincerest apologies

perfect....ignore my previous posts. i thought you were in now on the old contract.....okay sweet....

interesting stuff.....42020 implies 41770 on the old contract....so you expect it to go slightly lower?

i like your style...you may be right at 41720/42020.

of course the 41720 doesn't sit at or near a channel or support ...it is mid channel

---------------------------------------

gannet....yeah indeed...we drank bordeauxs best for a year...amazing France

I didn't get filled today, so I expect to get filled tomorrow morning. My system says there's a good chance we might open at either 42020 or 42450; in which case I'll go short all the way to 42020. That's my trade. Happy days.

Happy trading!

#21704 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Israel Army To Prepare For Possible Military Strike Against Iran 

bibi%20redline_1.jpg

"Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon have ordered the army to continue preparing for a possible military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities at a cost of at least 10 billion shekels ($2.89 billion) this year"

While the US takes out it's Russia frustrations on Syria, it suspended operations of the Syrian Embassy in Washington and its consulates and told diplomats and staff who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to leave the country.

Putin Wins :P  :P  :P  :P  :P 

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21705 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

oh you beauty....man i didn't read the JUN part...sincerest apologies

perfect....ignore my previous posts. i thought you were in now on the old contract.....okay sweet....

interesting stuff.....42020 implies 41770 on the old contract....so you expect it to go slightly lower?

i like your style...you may be right at 41720/42020.

of course the 41720 doesn't sit at or near a channel or support ...it is mid channel

---------------------------------------

gannet....yeah indeed...we drank bordeauxs best for a year...amazing France

#21706 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

roundtree

for sure and I respect what you said indeed ...you have diferent time frames and targets and objectives....but you are down 6000 on the trade...

you could call me...pay me 3000 for an email and spare the loss position.....even if it is temporary

You lost me there, brother. My order's still pending. 42020 Jun 14 ALSI.

Happy trading!

#21707 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

gannet who is delbert mate

gannet and delbert is french...

i just spent a year in france...(i was an alcoholic so went to live in Bordeaux and Cognac with my wife ...

but dude who is Delbert.......

aaah you mean Delboy.....from fools and hoooses.. ;)

who's delbert

A pretty sharp trader.

But you seem pretty darn sharp too mate.

I enjoy your posts. Yours is not the usual stochastic/RSI style.

I hope your self imposed rehab worked. The odds must have been stacked against you eh? :)  

#21708 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

roundtree

for sure and I respect what you said indeed ...you have diferent time frames and targets and objectives....but you are down 6000 on the trade...

you could call me...pay me 3000 for an email and spare the loss position.....even if it is temporary

in fact if you beelieve the market is going up....my advice on where to acumulate the 6 contratcts was brilliant.....and it was for free.....not summin i normally do...one doesn't get root canal free on the street walk....check where we are 41937....it keeps haging around the number I spoke of..you could have bought all 6 here like i predicted...and grabbed a chivas

one of the biggest problems a traders make is they must be in a position....this costs money if the position is wrong.....efficacy in trading is to wait for the 'maxbet' ....the perfect position.,....and hear this,....they are always available but not immediately apparent.....wait for them. wait for them.

trading is like this.....normally when one takes aim at a target one moves the gun at the target and pulls the trigger...

but trading is like this..... take aim, and when the market walks in front of your sights, set either high or low...shoot..let the market walk in front of your aim

but i love you man....sweet profits to you

#21709 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

man this DOW Jones

like a chinese lantern....burns bright and makes everyone go aaah....but falls like lead when the light goes out. prat.

man the yanks are so last season. there's a new kid on the block....

ruski (Russian for Russel), chang (Chinese for Chad) , fernando (brasilian for Vernon), and raggi (hindu for Reggie) and weynand (south African for weynand),

bro's..they're the dudes who can break dance now ......Brics countries rule.

hey I know we spikled down ....but 41937 was a level where the market would find a level more significant....check where we are.

#21710 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

okay guys now hear this....whatever price the old contract closes at tomorrow....if the new contract near 12pm is still pregnant with the interest carry...of almost 250 points....sell the new contract it will at least go to the old price closeout. this is not advice but I can assure you the new contract finds it's way to be at the old closeout pprice then moves along its merry way up or down.

roundtree....man I wish you would not buy those 6 contracts....41830 might be the next busstop..especially if this DOW does what it looks like it wants to do.

You're right; the next stop is 41720. But the upside target also looks good @ 42600. So I'm going in, baby! With no protection. 

Happy trading!

#21711 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

If you look long enough you will see a naked girl!

i hope those girls you see have spare money for some of those unnecessary longs floating around :)

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#21712 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

gannet who is delbert mate

gannet and delbert is french...

i just spent a year in france...(i was an alcoholic so went to live in Bordeaux and Cognac with my wife ...

but dude who is Delbert.......

aaah you mean Delboy.....from fools and hoooses.. ;)

who's delbert

#21713 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Short ALSI 42430 stop 42900

My other short from 42150 is still running stop is 41600.

Very close

Those without deep pockets dont follow my trades.

This is for people who enjoyed 2013 and have money to play with.

Closed the short from 42150  for 200pips

Keeping one from 42430 stop 42900

Lets get this bear started.

Anglo down 5% just a few days before China PMI on Monday.

I did give a warning about China yesterday.

If stocks go up after FED meeting, then just sell rallies.

Japan April 1st tax hike will kick in soon. The Nikkei will sell off good.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21714 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

okay guys now hear this....whatever price the old contract closes at tomorrow....if the new contract near 12pm is still pregnant with the interest carry...of almost 250 points....sell the new contract it will at least go to the old price closeout. this is not advice but I can assure you the new contract finds it's way to be at the old closeout pprice then moves along its merry way up or down.

roundtree....man I wish you would not buy those 6 contracts....41830 might be the next busstop..especially if this DOW does what it looks like it wants to do.

#21715 Piet_Bulls

Piet_Bulls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

look at the blue circles...

64057768077462702367_thumb.png

If you look long enough you will see a naked girl!

#21716 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

roundtree you gonna get them brother ... for sure i wish you well...

people guess where gold is going????? yes shoppers that's right..get your gold at x330....gold will acctually bounce a little on x318......why? because it's a fibonaartjie retracement principle value....haha.

gringots

it's not vague sweetheart...

inside pivots might be vague and a skill seldom known but normal pivots are no secret....anyone trading pivots alone should make a fabulous living....if one wants to be excellent one must be magic.

inside pivots I have learnt....here's a secret....23 degrees...... the tilt off the earth's axis is 23.5 degrees.... ;) an inside pivot normally starts or stops at a 23 degree angle....aah ..an angle but but but at an angle to what? ;)

but a fabulous living is easily attainable to most traders....if they use a few very simple techniques....pivots are a very very excellent start.

Your middle name is "Delbert"????

That 42200 call was ... ummm ... errr ... amazing!

#21717 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

look at the blue circles...

64057768077462702367_thumb.png

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#21718 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

roundtree you gonna get them brother ... for sure i wish you well...

people guess where gold is going????? yes shoppers that's right..get your gold at x330....gold will acctually bounce a little on x318......why? because it's a fibonaartjie retracement principle value....haha.

gringots

it's not vague sweetheart...

inside pivots I have learnt....here's a secret....23 degrees...... the tilt off the earth's axis is 23.5 degrees....;) an inside pivot normally starts or stops at a 23 degree angle....aah ..an angle but but but at an angle to what? ;)

#21719 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

gold price hard down is not good for ALSI or the dow..the DOW likes a weak USD..it's all that keeps it afloat...

so DOW faking this upmove....there she wants to break down...kisses the channel she's just left and finds her feet gone.. no one is following the dow

alsi also going back to kiss the bottom of the channel breakdown..but that's a good 190 point bounce to the channel break..can't see it

wow alsi is weak a day before closeout...like I said yesterday...the big boys have no brains....they could have waited and bought back lower..

I used to work at investment bank...stupidest people / traders I ever met....always on the long side...en masse it makes money...but they had no clue about alpha and beta trading..or adding value to skilled swing movements...they make 30% pa they get bonusses....if they knew how to swing trade they  would make 100% pa or more on their prop books

I'm watching switzerland for cue and it's strong and +tive for the day.

#21720 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

roundtree..my sincere apologies....my prediction was 6 points out and cost you 6 long contracts...i'll not fail next time...

actually...i fink you may still get them there....wink

that stink I spoke of yesterday..that black tuesday may just be a day later

but okay if i was to go long...i would buy 3 at 42017...and another 1 at 41987 and another 2 then at 41937...but that's just me..and besides I'm short.

I admire your skill, brother. However, we have different strategies. Once again 6 orders waiting @ 42020 Jun 14 ALSI. Happy days.

Happy trading!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting