#22521 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

F8ck the war, i'm buying ALSI at 42430 stop 42150

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22522 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

SP500 weekly and monthly charts, any comments?

http://www.chartuplo...17965736132.png (weekly)

http://www.chartuplo...01137028909.png (monthly)

Potential impact on our market? I would however keep an eye (as S said) on the happenings in the east. We might see another Syria soon...

War is here "Putin will get it started

CVN%2077%20Crosses%20Straits%20of%20Gibr

The U.S. Navy will arrive in Sevastopol in four hours? As we have just learned from unofficial sources in the Naval Forces of Ukraine, headed for the shores of Sevastopol at full speed, are two ships of the United States Navy.

According to preliminary information, two destroyers carrier battle groups have already passed the Bosphorus.

Recall that part of the Black Sea Fleet warships are now off the coast of Sochi. Yesterday, a large landing ship "Kaliningrad" from the Baltic Fleet entered the Black Sea. And as we have previously reported, to Sevastopol is returning the Ukrainian frigate "Hetman Sahaidachny."

There has been no official comment.

Best to short this market above 42600 ( keep an eye on China PMI)

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22523 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

SP500 weekly and monthly charts, any comments?

http://www.chartuplo...17965736132.png (weekly)

http://www.chartuplo...01137028909.png (monthly)

Potential impact on our market? I would however keep an eye (as S said) on the happenings in the east. We might see another Syria soon...

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22524 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

I personally hope it breaks down

GBPZAR

http://www.chartuplo...06041234399.png

Argento - sorry buddy my team took that one :)

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22525 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Most important week of the year. Geo- Political Risk

The HSBC China PMI @ 03h45. With the goverment number coming above 50, it keep the market at bay for now. Th HSBC will set the sparks.

Keep track of the Nikkei movements, they will give you a hint of where risk is.

US Bio-tech stocks have hit parabolic stages. They are pulling the Nasdaq index, same as dot.com bubble stages.

biotechnikkeihotmarketpatternsmar11-675x

NBI+2.png

Pay attention to risk in Russian and Ukraine conflict.

portofliowildcardfeb27-675x380.jpg

Ukraine political tensions will keep the market at bay.

It promises to be a bullish week, but just be mindful of political tensions in Ukraine. We know how markets can be effected, remember Syria story.

But the market normally comes out bullish after this events are over.

We have PMI numbers form UK and US, plus the bonus NFP.

Trade well.

March is seasonally bullish before peaks in April or May.

History is a little nicer for S&P in the short-term in a similar situation. It rose 14 days in a row in March 2010, then rose another 4.5% into April before losing 17% over the next 4 months. 

SPX+2010.png

What makes the example above pertinent is that 2010, like 2014, is a mid-term election year. The last 4 election mid-term election cycles have a similar pattern, with a notable high in the spring followed by a significant sell off into June

midterm+years.png

Looking back to 1901, that same pattern shows a typical high in April and a low in October.  Happily, the year ends positive, but usually by less than 4%. Investor timing in these years is more key than normal.

Mid+term+election+pattern.png

March typically starts strong, peaks mid-month and then ends weak. March trading starts Monday and that pattern of early strength and late weakness is typical not just of mid-term election years, but of all years

March.png

#22526 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

HDB, something perhaps with downward US GDP revision? Look at Reuter front page.

That was out even before US markets opened today.....

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22527 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

HDB, something perhaps with downward US GDP revision? Look at Reuter front page.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22528 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Us falling and going red ? Anyone know what happened? 

Seems like short the bounce is the name of the game!!! :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22529 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

well played.. :D

Thank you; don't know what I'll do without all the help here on this forum, though.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#22530 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Out 42650 2 contract 2 still running

IG CASH

#22531 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

:D Plus I covered all my short losses (divi) when I sold now at 42570. Now for a nice cycle around the veld...

well played.. :D

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#22532 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

:D Plus I covered all my short losses (divi) when I sold now at 42570. Now for a nice cycle around the veld...

:)  :)  :)  :)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22533 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yip, as S mentioned seasonals will soon take over! 

No bearish weekly reversal candle that says this new bulltrend is over...think it only just started! B)

A

Go Bulls!Not Blue Bulls...Lions going to have a feast! :D

A

Edited by Argento, 28 February 2014 - 05:06 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#22534 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Nice! Recovered the divi in 10 minutes! Almost just as quick as last year..

K

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#22535 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Going with big order long 42525 sculping the divi

Nice! Recovered the divi in 10 minutes! Almost just as quick as last year..

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22536 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Going with big order long 42525 sculping the divi

IG CASH

#22537 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Now we are going to 43000 and above, expect a gap higher on Monday

Be carefull of Chinese manufacturing PMI tomorrow!! :ph34r:

HDB

#22538 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

Long SA40 42510 target 43000

Now we are going to 43000 and above, expect a gap higher on Monday

#22539 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Ok Pravin everyone has placed their orders, you can let everyone else know what the trade balance figures are now.

South Africa's trade account swings into wide deficit in January
People work on machines at clothing factory at an industrial town of Newcastle
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa swung into a wide trade deficit of 17.06 billion rand in January, about double what economists expected, after a 2.78 billion rand surplus in December, data from the South African Revenue Service showed on Friday.

The data incorporates previously excluded trade with South Africa's regional neighbours Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland.

Exports in January ticked up 0.1 percent to 77.67 billion rand, but were far outstripped by imports which jumped 26.3 percent to 94.73 billion rand.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast a trade shortfall of 8.5 billion rand for January, but the data has traditionally been volatile and hard to predict.

#22540 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Ok Pravin everyone has placed their orders, you can let everyone else know what the trade balance figures are now.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting