35854 replies to this topic

#23801 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

What is happening? FTSE, DAX everything is diving!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#23802 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Setup for a Bullish Move.

Remember Dec 18th

Take a look at Jan 14th on Dow

If the same scenario happens then Dow will be up 300 points.

or is this the scenario were market drops before FOMC, then kills shorts after announcement.

All i can say is use proper money management.

The rest of the world is down and ALSI is up. Something is fishy.

Yip, money management. I'm having a freaking amazing day with Alsi.

#23803 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Nah, its gonna dive big time..... nomnom

:) ......... so far.........

Need a million ASAP

#23804 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Nah, its gonna dive big time..... nomnom

Need a million ASAP

#23805 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

So Tuesday afternoon about this time everything was set up for a nice big push up and finish. US futures were green as grass and I thought it was gonna fly. Hell, even Sunesis was going "viva la bull" and Argento was closing shorts.... And then Dow dropped 200 points in like 0,9 seconds and everything was shot to sh*t. Took a huge knock.

Then today:

Everything set up for a big fall in US and a very low finish world wide - bad figures from China this morning, poor jobs figures from US and blood red futures. So then, Dow must shoot up 350 points upon opening right?

So Tuesday afternoon about this time everything was set up for a nice big push up and finish. US futures were green as grass and I thought it was gonna fly. Hell, even Sunesis was going "viva la bull" and Argento was closing shorts.... And then Dow dropped 200 points in like 0,9 seconds and everything was shot to sh*t. Took a huge knock.

Then today:

Everything set up for a big fall in US and a very low finish world wide - bad figures from China this morning, poor jobs figures from US and blood red futures. So then, Dow must shoot up 350 points upon opening right?

Take a look at Jan 14th on Dow

If the same scenario happens then Dow will be up 300 points.

or is this the scenario were market drops before FOMC, then kills shorts after announcement.

All i can say is use proper money management.

The rest of the world is down and ALSI is up. Something is fishy.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23806 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

whoo hoo. more opportunities!!!

Hold on we're going home... :P

Setup for a Bullish Move.

Remember Dec 18th

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23807 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

lmao J...I have thrown the logic out of the window..Its silly season..SP500 should open ten points down but finish about 1% up...your dow estimate is abit lo though ;)

Yeah, reckon we should see around 17700 on the Dow.... :rolleyes:

Need a million ASAP

#23808 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

lmao J...I have thrown the logic out of the window..Its silly season..SP500 should open ten points down but finish about 1% up...your dow estimate is abit lo though ;)

Damn. If the markets got you Chubby, then its really screwed up.

This last 30 minutes should be awesome!!!!

#23809 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Well, futures looking very red ATM.

Then today:

I would second you on that JB. We will see some sort of a push up before it heads down. Might even do the same as Alsi.

#23810 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Then today:

Well, futures looking very red ATM.

#23811 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Then today:

Need a million ASAP

#23812 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Collapse.. :) such a strong word! :P

European ad US Markets are collapsing

#23813 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Collapse.. :) such a strong word! :P

#23814 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

#23815 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

With Futures still very red..I will grab a short @ 580...Hope this pans out

It's the ZAR. If you take the differential between the currency losses and ALSI gains, she is on par with the European markets and the US futures.

Problem is if these markets start to climb...

It will drag the ALSI up to insane heights.

Just my 2c...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23816 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

With Futures still very red..I will grab a short @ 580...Hope this pans out

That ALSI has a brain of its own.

While the rest of the world is red. ALSI takes it's own road.

#23817 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Well explained Fabes - IG should hire you to write the FAQ tab.

Thanks JB. Quite a compliment coming from an international binary trader :D

IG can pay me with unlimited margin. :P

#23818 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

You can close the binary at any time of the day and take profit. 0.1 contracts can cost as little as R15 depending on the level bought.  If the Alsi close above 425 it closes at 100. Profit is calculated 100 minus 12.9. So 87 points @ R5 a point(I think) per 0.1 contracts. The higher you enter the higher the premium

The reverse is true. If you sell a contract for alsi to close below 42500 and it does it will close at 0. so you will but at 87 and end at 0. Profit is 87 points times Rand value.

Small loss for much bigger gain.

Well explained Fabes - IG should hire you to write the FAQ tab.

Need a million ASAP

#23819 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

IG binaries close at 16:50 for trading, but they use the closing price @ 17:00(Bloomberg price). Normally payout 15 minutes after 5.

BBW, you have a set loss. Say you buy a binary(price close above 42500) @ 9:30 this morning @ 12.9 points, 0.3 contracts will cost you about R192(total loss) or less, but you can profit about R1,300. You can close the binary at any time of the day and take profit. 0.1 contracts can cost as little as R30 depending.  

You can close the binary at any time of the day and take profit. 0.1 contracts can cost as little as R15 depending on the level bought.  If the Alsi close above 425 it closes at 100. Profit is calculated 100 minus 12.9. So 87 points @ R5 a point(I think) per 0.1 contracts. The higher you enter the higher the premium

The reverse is true. If you sell a contract for alsi to close below 42500 and it does it will close at 0. so you will but at 87 and end at 0. Profit is 87 points times Rand value.

Small loss for much bigger gain.

#23820 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Fabes, I'm not too sure how binaries work, although I've got a good idea, but don't want to trade something that I don't completely understand. Is there a predetermined loss, if going against you? Isn't it something where you anyway have to call  which way the market will go; i.e. "telling it what to do"?

fabes, sorry, but at what time does the IG binaries close/reset/pay out?  Is it 17:00, futures close at 17:30 or does it run with the UK close?  Thanks!

IG binaries close at 16:50 for trading, but they use the closing price @ 17:00(Bloomberg price). Normally payout 15 minutes after 5.

BBW, you have a set loss. Say you buy a binary(price close above 42500) @ 9:30 this morning @ 12.9 points, 0.3 contracts will cost you about R192(total loss) or less, but you can profit about R1,300. You can close the binary at any time of the day and take profit. 0.1 contracts can cost as little as R30 depending.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting