35854 replies to this topic

#23881 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

The longer she clings to this level without breaking down, the greater the chances of a spike up...

On 5 min chart first indication of potential upward movement....let's see if it holds...

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#23882 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

The longer she clings to this level without breaking down, the greater the chances of a spike up...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23883 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Suppose you have you answer by now ;) ..... Unless something sparks us to go up today. Could also be a bull flag forming on the dailies before resuming north. However, very frustrating.... Prefer more intense movements, not this grinding...

Guess so. Also hate things grinding :angry: Can't have a repeat of yesterday... I blame the guys with the deep pockets for sitting out and waiting...

#23884 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Guys, do you think we will test the new high made yesterday morning? I would love to hear your views.

I think we should see strong movement today. Direction is just not known. AM, downside seems likely.

Suppose you have you answer by now ;) ..... Unless something sparks us to go up today. Could also be a bull flag forming on the dailies before resuming north. However, very frustrating.... Prefer more intense movements, not this grinding...

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#23885 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Okay, won't tell them....but .......

Was deeply angry the other day where I was long....things looked very positive...tightened my SL.....walked away to counter premature closing syndrome....came back and saw my Stop was nicely taken out before it accelerated up again. Missed out on more than 100 points.

I'd rather have my SL taken out and the price drops further. Makes you feel better(in some weird way).

#23886 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

There, you said it now. Thanks Plasma.

Don't tell IG, but me long 'n waiting.

One trade this morning for a tiny profit ....sitting on hands. Not sure where this market is going to....does not seem to be up....

Okay, won't tell them....but .......

Was deeply angry the other day where I was long....things looked very positive...tightened my SL.....walked away to counter premature closing syndrome....came back and saw my Stop was nicely taken out before it accelerated up again. Missed out on more than 100 points.

#23887 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

One trade this morning for a tiny profit ....sitting on hands. Not sure where this market is going to....does not seem to be up....

Tough times P... I'm long, but not convinced. Maybe the US will light fireworks this afternoon.

Don't wanna take an unnecessary knock, but I have a feeling we'll see some violent upward movement some today(or opposite might be true).

Seems like all traders are striking...

#23888 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

There, you said it now. Thanks Plasma.

Don't tell IG, but me long 'n waiting.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#23889 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

#23890 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

... Hello? Or is everyone back to working their day-jobs instead of ALSI?

What do you want me to say? ;)

#23891 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

... Hello? Or is everyone back to working their day-jobs instead of ALSI?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#23892 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Guys, do you think we will test the new high made yesterday morning? I would love to hear your views.

I think we should see strong movement today. Direction is just not known. AM, downside seems likely.

#23893 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

stop

Assume you referring to that 200 point drop....would also like to know...now back where it started. ....sorry about you long...not lekker when it happens like this.... :(

It killed my stops, pethetic.

It even went back up

Assume you referring to that 200 point drop....would also like to know...now back where it started. ....sorry about you long...not lekker when it happens like this.... :(

It's a mystery...  50 points and I would have been in the money now.

Sorry bout your Dow stops S. I have a relatively large exposure now as I added. Wanted to close it at 11:30 last night, but kept it.

Left work comfortable and when I got home saw my Alsi stops wiped. Sucks, but atleast not much damage.

#23894 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Someone really desperate to through the kitchen sink at the ALSI?  :D

Attached Files

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#23895 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

US closing bell.

Dont miss the DAX train number 9900

We might get this during US open

P_arrow.png

Closing bell time.

Dow messed me up today. The U-Turn was to deep, it hit my stops.

Lets see what IBM does to Dow after the US bell.

Had a good Europe session, now a bad US session.

The greed got me today

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23896 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Excellent article about bitcoin if anyone is interested.

http://mobile.nytime...itcoin-matters/

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#23897 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

stop

It killed my stops, pethetic.

It even went back up

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23898 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Bought again 16467

Last buy @16410

Geez.. what happened? I got the schock of my life now. Added little bit at 16362.

Alsi long stopped out.:(

Any explanations?

Assume you referring to that 200 point drop....would also like to know...now back where it started. ....sorry about you long...not lekker when it happens like this....:(

#23899 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

Geez.. what happened? I got the schock of my life now. Added little bit at 16362.

Alsi long stopped out. :(

Any explanations?

its the 21st Jan...i think the specials on rump steaks are about to hit the shelves slowly

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#23900 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Bought again 16467

Last buy @16410

Alsi long stopped out.:(

Any explanations?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting