#24361 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'm putting on that Timber song from Pitbull and Kesha :D

Snoop Dogg ft Pharrell - Drop It Like It's Hot

Think we might have the same scenario as yesterday.

#24362 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

21 is crossing the 200 down on the 30min timeframe...that usually goes with a relief bounce for the bulls and would make sense come the jobs tomorrow!

I'm keeping my shorts though and will sell into any rally!

Thanks for the compliment S! :P  :P  :P

A

Normally with such a turnaround and especially on a friday at 10:00 it signals the end of a wave (A) so wave B up should have commenced, usually it runs until Monday where-after the next wave C down should start!

Can be wrong but looks like mr market is expecting a good jobs report!

Just sell the rallies!

A

Edited by Argento, 10 January 2014 - 11:55 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#24363 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm putting on that Timber song from Pitbull and Kesha :D

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#24364 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Jakes

Agree and disagree.

Alcoa is a sentimental dangler from many moons ago. They should've replaced it 15 years ago. Aluminium is not even the indicator for materials (resource) stocks, let alone the US economy. 

#24365 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Difficult to say, my advice is get in and stay in...by waiting for a possible bounce to come is like standing on the platform while the express has already left! :)

If your account can't take at least a 300 point upswing then you shouldn't be trading at all, last night IG made lekke cash from guys jumping in and out, just not worth it...especially trading TOP40!

A

Tell me about it! Been there and it's a sure way of giving your money away. You make 100 points now and give back 200. then you "take revenge" and you end up beaten up. lol.

Will find me a nice spot to enter again. 409 was actually it. from there a significant jump wasn't possible.

#24366 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

And reduced my account much more than I liked .....

Yesterday was a complete show of how hard day trading is.

Complete.360

The whole move made me dizzzy.

Day trading is crazy. It will give you ulcers. A drop like that freaks you out completely especially if it's so unexpected.

I've join the guys on the longer term side. Works nicely on Alsi. For now, Day trading in US still works nicely. FTSE for me is becoming like Alsi. :lol:

#24367 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

;)

You are correct. Trying to catch the any ride from the start is the risky. That's the time you end up losing money. Look how easy it was once the trend established itself.

Do you think we will have an up day before we rally hard down? I've been waiting for that to happen, but it hasn't. Missed a nice entry again at 409. Will wait till after 10 as my initial plan and go short.

Difficult to say, my advice is get in and stay in...by waiting for a possible bounce to come is like standing on the platform while the express has already left! :)

If your account can't take at least a 300 point upswing then you shouldn't be trading at all, last night IG made lekke cash from guys jumping in and out, just not worth it...especially trading TOP40!

A

#24368 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

For the week:

buying the dip has been europe and US game

selling the rally has been em markets game.

i am dizzy now.

NFP will give us the direction today

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#24369 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Selling into weakness and it is working off the bat! :)

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fabes" data-cid="227470" data-time="1389336764">
Fabes, thanks for the warning just checked my account and saw the shorts are in the money and the long is now in red

Great stuff AJS.

You welcome blythz. One thing I learned over and over again, is never trade against the trend. You end up battered and bruised. Like A said this morning "trend must establish itself first" unless you have a high risk appetite and deeeep pockets. lol.

I normally take options where I think we will have an anti-trend day. Like yesterday, it didn't work out, but loss was minimal.

#24370 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Thanks F

Hate it when she pulls such a stunt, but I actually did what I warned about, shorting to early..trend must establish itself first!

Bears will be here in earnest next week, have a hunch she is going to pull such a stunt to the downside as well, but this time I will be ready!

Still eyeing the 21/22 for that possible low!

US to join the bear army as well next week!

A

;)

You are correct. Trying to catch the any ride from the start is the risky. That's the time you end up losing money. Look how easy it was once the trend established itself.

Do you think we will have an up day before we rally hard down? I've been waiting for that to happen, but it hasn't. Missed a nice entry again at 409. Will wait till after 10 as my initial plan and go short.

#24371 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fabes" data-cid="227470" data-time="1389336764">

Hi Fabes, i closed that 41,160 long but went long again today at 40,786 will fully hedge that long if there is a good rally. What level do you see us going up to?

B, I don't see us going up much or if at all. We would probably remain in this area or continue down. Might see some upward movement this afternoon, but that all depends what she does this morning.

I would be cautious with that long. We've been down during the day and up overnight purely because we track the DOW up at night.

Fabes, thanks for the warning just checked my account and saw the shorts are in the money and the long is now in red

#24372 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Selling into weakness and it is working off the bat! :)

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#24373 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

" do you mean 40,000 on T40F's by "...Still eyeing the 21/22 for that possible low!" ?

and your views on employment figs this afternoon - good news is bad news??? Thanks A

Much lower than 40 000 O!

Good or bad news trend is down, could cause a rally/drop but trend will ultimately just resume! ;)

A

#24374 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

Thanks F

Hate it when she pulls such a stunt, but I actually did what I warned about, shorting to early..trend must establish itself first!

Bears will be here in earnest next week, have a hunch she is going to pull such a stunt to the downside as well, but this time I will be ready!

A

" do you mean 40,000 on T40F's by "...Still eyeing the 21/22 for that possible low!" ?

and your views on employment figs this afternoon - good news is bad news??? Thanks A

#24375 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

Complete.360

And reduced my account much more than I liked .....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#24376 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Complete.360

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#24377 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

A, you should have recovered from last week's stunt the Alsi pulled. You probably glad you got back into trading sooner rather than later?

You were spot on, just a day or two too early, but I'm glad you caught the ride and recovered. :)

Thanks F

A

Edited by Argento, 10 January 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#24378 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

B, I don't see us going up much or if at all. We would probably remain in this area or continue down. Might see some upward movement this afternoon, but that all depends what she does this morning.

I would be cautious with that long. We've been down during the day and up overnight purely because we track the DOW up at night.

I'm in cash at the moment. If we go up, I will add shorts. Will wait will about 10ish for direction.

Fully hedged my position at 40,860 my day job is keeping me busy today and i don't like being destructed thinking of my open positions. Will wait for clear direction and when i am available to add another trade

#24379 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'm in cash at the moment. If we go up, I will add shorts. Will wait will about 10ish for direction.

#24380 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fabes" data-cid="227467" data-time="1389336173">
Hi Fabes, i closed that 41,160 long but went long again today at 40,786 will fully hedge that long if there is a good rally. What level do you see us going up to?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting