35854 replies to this topic

#24381 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fabes" data-cid="227467" data-time="1389336173">

Blythz, did you close that 411 long or hedge it?

Hi Fabes, i closed that 41,160 long but went long again today at 40,786 will fully hedge that long if there is a good rally. What level do you see us going up to?

#24382 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

21 is crossing the 200 down on the 30min timeframe...that usually goes with a relief bounce for the bulls and would make sense come the jobs tomorrow!

I'm keeping my shorts though and will sell into any rally!

Thanks for the compliment S! :P  :P  :P

A

A, you should have recovered from last week's stunt the Alsi pulled. You probably glad you got back into trading sooner rather than later?

You were spot on, just a day or two too early, but I'm glad you caught the ride and recovered. :)

#24383 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

I also feel unlucky, took a long at 40,600 then prematurely closed it and went short, now sitting with 50 points against me but i will rather keep the short because that is what the daily chart is telling me to do

Do I feel unlucky .....took a short before 1800. Had other commitments and saw now the 100 point drop I missed ...now sitting with more than 100 points against me.

Stick to the trend. If I was you by any rally and keep it. Set stop at entry, what difference will it make if you make nothing, but you could make heaps!!!!!!

David, I was short and closed at close yesterday. Handsome profit. Thought we would see upside with Us and into today.

I also feel unlucky cause I wanted to take a long at 40660, but cause of that hectic drop and the trend, I decided against it. Could have been 400 points up by 9:00 this morning, but rather safe than sorry hey. :P

Blythz, did you close that 411 long or hedge it?

#24384 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Closed my short earlier for a nice loss....do we sell the rallies today...or will there be a bit of a retrace today?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#24385 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Alcoa earnings miss estimates, $2.19 a share loss, compared to 21 c profit previous year.
Yes FED, economy is doing great.
Bond purchases made a world of diff.
It only made share holders wealthy.
Biggest transfer of wealth I have seen.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#24386 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Morning everyone, guess we will recuperate a bit - S&P 500 close almost same as open - shows some strong resilience not to close below 1830 - but seems we are uncoupling from US market - sell emerging and buy developed nations plus our commodity space grinding lower until later this year on more confirmed growth envisaged in globe leads to commodity demand again? question is how soon , and what is the road bends until  we see 40,000 on T40F's ? comments?

#24387 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

Again choppy trading from the US and Eastern market    :rolleyes:

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#24388 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Do I feel unlucky .....took a short before 1800. Had other commitments and saw now the 100 point drop I missed ...now sitting with more than 100 points against me.

You can track the DOW now and see from there that you might be real safe by sommer shorting IG now. (If you trade IG etc.)

Thanks AJS...yes..still with IGM.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#24389 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

You can track the DOW now and see from there that you might be real safe by sommer shorting IG now. (If you trade IG etc.)

#24390 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

The run up is impressive after hrs

Tracks the DOW yes. Assuming you are referring to IG. I went down hard with that drop in the DOW, now tracking up.

I also feel unlucky, took a long at 40,600 then prematurely closed it and went short, now sitting with 50 points against me but i will rather keep the short because that is what the daily chart is telling me to do

#24391 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Tracks the DOW yes. Assuming you are referring to IG. I went down hard with that drop in the DOW, now tracking up.

#24392 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Tracks the DOW yes. Assuming you are referring to IG.  I went down hard with that drop in the DOW, now tracking up.

#24393 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#24394 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

DOW... 

Attached Files

#24395 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Europe and US are up.

Bank your profits.

It's time to sit out and wait for US open.

I will sell the next rally up in US markets. I just need one more push up during open.

Short:

Dow target 16 000

Dax target 9000

FTSE target 9500

As for SA40, have no idea. Its a secondary market.

Just do what Argento is doing. :P  :P  :P :P  :P  

Lets see how high inflation and weak ZAR play out in stocks.

SA consumer will feel the power of the dollar

The fall is real. I never got the rally in US open.

I got a dip which i bought. Now i'm loosing cash.

I opened sell positions in EUR/JPY and AUD/JPY just to soften my loses. Everytime  the market becomes risk off, the Japanese Yen becomes strong.

Just manage your positions properly. SA40 will hit 40 000 tomorrow for sure.

FTSE,DAX,Dow are starting a correction which might last till next week.

Just keep eye on S&P. It has not broke below 1814. Once it breaks hell will come to earth

https://pbs.twimg.co...9Q1CEAETg7V.png

Bc0H9Q1CEAETg7V.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#24396 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Is this a dip or is it freefall. I closed my shorts " 40720. Ever so sorry. WAs consider lon, but with this movement it's risky.

Stick to the trend. If I was you by any rally and keep it. Set stop at entry, what difference will it make if you make nothing, but you could make heaps!!!!!!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#24397 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Is this a dip or is it freefall. I closed my shorts " 40720. Ever so sorry. WAs consider lon, but with this movement it's risky.

#24398 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

S, you believing this US dip? I.e you buying this?  Not trading US, just charting it....

Just going to let my stops hit,

I think we correct till next week

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#24399 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

S, you believing this US dip? I.e you buying this?  Not trading US, just charting it....

#24400 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

What's the saying, there's always a bull market somewhere

All you need is a global platform. The spanish IBEX has been hitting new highs since yesterday.

Everyday you keep your money in Rands you become poorer.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting