35854 replies to this topic

#26701 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

had a low touching 694 as I switched to post P..maybe should of said approaching..Im posting toooo much again!

Chubby u can never post too much. All S tells us is to Buy, Buy, Buy

O

#26702 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

had a low touching 694 as I switched to post P..maybe should of said approaching..Im posting toooo much again!

You can never post too much!!

You probably meant worst case scenario bounce of the 600, but mean range right?

#26703 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

The fact that we sold off so heavily from last week bothered me so i have been doing a little research over the weekend..Definatley exchange related I think. We put in our last all time high when the rand was trading  at about 10.40..had a look back at all the Life time highs and and all our correction lows and definately coincides with R/$ strength/weakness. If you superimpose the two its actually identical in trends. Zerohedge was correct when he posted over the weekend.

Points to our Dual listed Rand hedge stocks as the culprits :)

There is some correlation, but not exactly. Seems as if the exchange is following more than leading the J200.

#26704 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Im watching what will happen at the 600 level..bounce up and we could see 40500..breaking that we retest the 39300..my bias towards the bounce off 600ish level

What is your "timeframe" chubby? I don't see us going there today? Or maybe it's cause I'm long already or don't know this beast called Alsi...

In that awkard 600 ish mark..hoping for the bounce

Where do you see this 600 ish mark at the moment C? Am I missing the pot here?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#26705 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

I suppose it's better to buy the cash indices as the one that expires you also don't receive dividends, but have to pay dividends. You don't pay interest though.Just have to bite the interest bullet, I suppose.

#26706 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Nice Read from StockTwits

http://blog.stocktwi...nksgiving-week/

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26707 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Likely Scenario before US Holiday

Today US opens high, then sends SA40 up with it.

Tuesday morning SA40 opens up from tonights up move in US markets.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the US markets start reversing.

Wedesday morning SA40 opens lower.

Late Wednesday to Friday markets start ranging.

Just my 2c

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26708 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Likely Scenario before US Holiday

Today US opens high, then sends SA40 up with it.

Tuesday morning SA40 opens up from tonights up move in US markets.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the US markets start reversing.

Wedesday morning SA40 opens lower.

Late Wednesday to Friday markets start ranging.

Just my 2c

#26709 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Pull up a 60 min R/$ graph for the past two months and compare it to the J200

What do you see that I don't Chubby?

#26710 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm currently using the futures contract that expires in December through Std Bank.

I'm not sure what the other one is, its like a CFD based on the futures? I think...

the main differences as far as I can tell, and please correct me if I'm wrong... the contract you pay brokerage, and its open from 8:30 till 17:30.

The Cash/CFD/whatever thing is open 24 hours and there is no brokerage but there is a spread.

The margin required is also different, the cash thing from IG seems a lot more flexible in this regard.

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#26711 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

The only bubble we are in, is a bubble of people saying we are in a bubble

#26712 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Maybe a stupid question. Do you guys deal in the Alsi where you pay interest every day, or in the one that expires in December?

I'm currently using the futures contract that expires in December through Std Bank.

I'm not sure what the other one is, its like a CFD based on the futures? I think...

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#26713 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think we should bounce upwards. Don't know if that will be overnight or before the close. It should just be over already...

SA is not strong enough to set the downward trend in motion(worldwide), so we should be following the world... See US is strong and FTSE lookingstable. So I a really hoping for a bounce before close today if US opens strong. But that is logic and some economics studies. :unsure:

US should open strong today. The US Markets hit new highs in Asia and Apple is in a setup to bounce.

#26714 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

The disconnect to the world markets, make me think the goverment is trading the ALSI, cause we down when we should be going up. :D  :rolleyes:

#26715 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

In that awkard 600 ish mark..hoping for the bounce

I think we should bounce upwards. Don't know if that will be overnight or before the close. It should just be over already...

SA is not strong enough to set the downward trend in motion(worldwide), so we should be following the world... See US is strong and FTSE lookingstable. So I a really hoping for a bounce before close today if US opens strong. But that is logic and some economics studies. :unsure:

#26716 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Maybe a stupid question. Do you guys deal in the Alsi where you pay interest every day, or in the one that expires in December?

#26717 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

I still have all my longs open but im not married to any of them..I will dump if I don't like any price action

I just have my one Top40 trade. I'm not trading top40 this week.

I'm busy with Nikkei in Asia times, and FTSE/DAX in London, then Dow when US opens.

Top40 is a bit of a secondary market right now for me.

I'm only sleeping 4hours a day this week.

Need to pump up my acccount. For festive season.

#26718 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yep,,I will take u up on that offer

Chubs, did you close your long from 39420.

I still have my long from 40500. I will just keep it until December FOMC meeting

#26719 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think this is a nice intra-day dip...adding a small long here.

#26720 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Can't assume the low is in...that was the call last week as well and look to where we fell?

Charts telling more blood going to flow, can't ignore the massive divergences on the US charts so just a matter of time..catching up with us and not otherway around!

A

As i always say, if i am wrong my stops will hit

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting