and quite

#26822 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

One could say that..but between cycles, profit taking and negative China figures difficult to pinpoint the real reason...!

We pushed quite hard this year so this correction had it coming...always compare the markets to a sprint athlete, this time around he just ran himself in a numb state...just catching a biiiig breath now! :D

A

I've been having a sad/happy week.

My NASDAQ,FTSE,DAX,NIKKEI trades all made money, but top40 is killing me. That's why they call it money management/diversification

Right now as i type they are going up, but top40 is stuck. Could it be money leaving South Africa 

At the end of the week still made profit. But top40 need to get a grip now. Funny the bleeding stops when US opens every time.

I can say i'm a good money manager. Don't depend on one stream for water

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26823 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

BHP and SAB are dragging the bulls in the mud now.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26824 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Is the answer that obvious that it has been staring me in the face all along and been mentioned on this forum a zillion times? When the first idea was mooted of a taper in June by the next FOMC meeting we got hit hard. Isn't this what has just happened or is happening?

One could say that..but between cycles, profit taking and negative China figures difficult to pinpoint the real reason...!

We pushed quite hard this year so this correction had it coming...always compare the markets to a sprint athlete, this time around he just ran himself in a numb state...just catching a biiiig breath now! :D

A

Edited by Argento, 22 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#26825 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Those with international accounts can buy VIX index today, it back to nice support levels

#26826 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Sa 40 down 4.5 % plus already, this could be gunning for a ten percent drop, good luck, still short from 40480, and holding onto for big pay check, moving stop once a day, above the major resistance, for the day, keep holding the the last cycle of the head and shoulder daily is completed, good luck

#26827 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

A is there way to measure the bouce? Similar for measuring an upleg on a flag formation

When these bearish crosses are made the bounce varies in points...as you saw from yesterday afternoon this one was about 0.66%, in June it was much more!

Think it also depends on the VIX levels.

A

#26828 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

We ought to have an indicator that looks at the number of posts per hour on the forum ;-)

Long almi at 39768, if it drops under the s3 I may seriously consider flipping. I think it will go back up at least to the pivot around 40100ish, anyones guess what it does after that.

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#26829 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

I have taken a small spec long @ 39774

Will keep an eye on it though.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#26830 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Next stop 39300, 40000 not going to play for interim, if signal line breaks 0 line on macd daily halloooo 37800

#26831 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I don't have account or balls to ride the wave to the next support, so I will take the bench. Will wait for confirmation and miss out on 200 pips or so...

#26832 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Something interesting to note between the 2008 top (May) and 2013 top (Nov) ...if you study the yearly past charts you would have realised that the same pattern played out in both, we had a double bottom and a massive rally but put in a high in 2008 that kicked off a bearmarket that took us down below the two bottoms...is this time around any different?

In 2008 the US indexes made lower lows as suppose to them now making higher highs...so in both instances you sit with us catching up..that year it was to the downside and this year..well with QE still intact and US charts/volume (charts attached) looking in good shape we could pretty much see an insane December rally!

Look for that 38900ish (futures) mark next week for the possible low and a long opportunity of a lifetime..but not to say the bear will be back in January!(should create negative divergence on the weeklies for the major correction next year).

A

#26833 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks Sunesis.

I will venture an opinion, unless those holding on break down further, we are on support for today (+- 396something-below50). Time will tell.

Anglo is gone.

BHP,MTN,BTI,CFR,SBK,SOL, are holding on for life support.

NPN,SAB are still good

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#26834 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

FTSE,DAX broke their supports

#26835 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Really don't know (one needs to look at the macro picture of the various Top40 stocks), but I smell braaivleis!

Anglo is gone.

BHP,MTN,BTI,CFR,SBK,SOL, are holding on for life support.

NPN,SAB are still good

#26836 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Experts... A, Chubby, Sunesis, K, L etc. What is your take atm. Are we going up today or possibility of further downward movement?

Trend is your friend.

That depends which trend you are trading. The short or long term.

That depends on your capital too

#26837 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

Retesting 39670+- (J200) after one break earlier and the slight reprieve up, if it doesn't hold now, the bear in me will be grinning and happy.

P.s. seems to be holding for now I am only looking at the 1m chart for now - hierdie goed is nogal wild op die oomblik.

Really don't know (one needs to look at the macro picture of the various Top40 stocks), but I smell braaivleis!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#26838 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Lol!

so the rump is done.

Alsi future

#26839 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Experts... A, Chubby, Sunesis, K, L etc. What is your take atm. Are we going up today or possibility of further downward movement?

#26840 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

How does it go?

Trend is your friend?

Alsi future

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting