35854 replies to this topic

#26861 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

The brighter side, Santa--rally is going to be BIG this year if ALSI keeps on heading South now.

Unless IG is smoke 'n mirror pricing because of further JSE data mishaps this AM, exactly the opposite to FTSE kicking it into gear. I made the comment this morning early pointing to the fact, ALSI is dislodging atm from the world indices it seems and going it alone.

The bear is awakening for ALSI for a couple of days one could assume.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#26862 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Unless IG is smoke 'n mirror pricing because of further JSE data mishaps this AM, exactly the opposite to FTSE kicking it into gear. I made the comment this morning early pointing to the fact, ALSI is dislodging atm from the world indices it seems and going it alone.

The bear is awakening for ALSI for a couple of days one could assume.

FTSE up 0.42%
Hope it kicks JSE into gear a bit

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#26863 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

My balls hurt

#26864 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Agree with your view.

But, should US start turning lower I think we will tank hard.

seems we dont even need the green help to keep T40 from moving lower

#26865 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Fabes, 

Everybody always talks about large pockets. It is not about that. Look at what the charts are telling you and then trade that with a CORRECT POSITION SIZE.

If you believe that it's going up, then trade that. But choose a small position with a wide stop to ride out any downside. 

And if it hits your stop, so what. You were wrong, have lost the trade and had a small loss. No big deal.

K

If something major happened in SA then I would get the current market situation, but none besides the JSE troubles and Nkandla. :D I'll sit out and probably miss the express, cause it makes sense going long, but looking at the at action it doesn't unless you have large pockets and patience.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#26866 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

We are going up.

It's still creating some bear traps

Will you recognize the turn?

That is the question.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#26867 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Broke major support on my charts @ 39844 (J200). This is not good for bulls.

#26868 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Patience and pockets.

And a big heart, combined with big b@lls

Yip, I entered a long this morning @ 8:30 @ 40040 with SL @ 40840 which was taken out. Thought we would dip at 39000.

#26869 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

FTSE up 0.42%
Hope it kicks JSE into gear a bit

#26870 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

...and just remember to go get checked for blood pressure and ulcers, every three months!!! :D

I think it is very basic and it's almost said on a daily basis on the forum.

1. You must have your own trading plan and stick to it.

2. Don't trade against the trend. The trend is your friend.

3. Risk Management. Don't trade positions your account cannot support.(When someone takes a long they might have a 500 point SL)

#26871 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Looks like the big boys are taking some profit. Now they must stop and let it run 300 so that they can take profit again.

#26872 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

If something major happened in SA then I would get the current market situation, but none besides the JSE troubles and Nkandla. :D I'll sit out and probably miss the express, cause it makes sense going long, but looking at the at action it doesn't unless you have large pockets and patience.

Patience and pockets.

And a big heart, combined with big b@lls

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26873 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would like to suggest that the Advanced Members of this forum ask Sharechat to have a few pages, drafted by the Advanced Members, for people signing up for the first time on Sharechat cause its easy to get mixed up in peoples opinions of the market.

Before a Newbie can join in reading posts that they state which level of their trading/investing career they are in so then a set of instructions on how to handle the opinions of this forum and rules that can guide them in trading the ALSI cause this is the most exciting financial instrument to trade if you only know equities.

The people on this forum are amazing and I'm always on it but we must help each other grow cause I don't believe that wealth is measured in cash but in knowledge and experience.

So please help us Advance Members with this.

I think it is very basic and it's almost said on a daily basis on the forum.

1. You must have your own trading plan and stick to it.

2. Don't trade against the trend. The trend is your friend.

3. Risk Management. Don't trade positions your account cannot support.(When someone takes a long they might have a 500 point SL)

#26874 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Agree with your view.

Am actully hoping this will happen before us opens. I am looking at 40200and will take profit if it hits somewhere around there.

#26875 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Where are we moving to? The world and it's mother is green, but SA is red. What's the logic behind that?

We are going up.

It's still creating some bear traps

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26876 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Not just that , we are rather oversold and US overbought - at some point this would make sense to me when money start flowing away from SA and back to ' them' where less risk and more growth is seen than here. a bit early but this may be jsut the start -

#26877 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Today there will be spikes of 80 - 100 somewhere. I know it is not right to use an chrystal ball but it will not be strange to me if whe shoot up like 250 points in an hour or two. Whould say the possibility of an up is a lot more than an down today as well as the potential profit. Went long at 39842 and 39913. Lets see what happens.

Agree with your view.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#26878 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Today there will be spikes of 80 - 100 somewhere. I know it is not right to use an chrystal ball but it will not be strange to me if whe shoot up like 250 points in an hour or two. Whould say the possibility of an up is a lot more than an down today as well as the potential profit. Went long at 39842 and 39913. Lets see what happens.

#26879 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Where are we moving to? The world and it's mother is green, but SA is red. What's the logic behind that?

Not just that , we are rather oversold and US overbought - at some point this would make sense to me when money start flowing away from SA and back to ' them' where less risk and more growth is seen than here. a bit early but this may be jsut the start -

#26880 Lamarje

Lamarje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSprings

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

I would like to suggest that the Advanced Members of this forum ask Sharechat to have a few pages, drafted by the Advanced Members, for people signing up for the first time on Sharechat cause its easy to get mixed up in peoples opinions of the market.

Before a Newbie can join in reading posts that they state which level of their trading/investing career they are in so then a set of instructions on how to handle the opinions of this forum and rules that can guide them in trading the ALSI cause this is the most exciting financial instrument to trade if you only know equities.

The people on this forum are amazing and I'm always on it but we must help each other grow cause I don't believe that wealth is measured in cash but in knowledge and experience.

So please help us Advance Members with this.

But I'm only a humble student subject to correction.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting