35854 replies to this topic

#26901 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Those without longs any price below 40 000 is still good.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26902 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

SP500 did close close to 1% at .82% Suddenly 1800 has the potential to be an interim top if they fail to break that level tonight and break down strongly. That might mean they go down  to 1756 area? 

No short covering on IG not the best sign and Pivots are rarely broken on negative US futures numbers. This could get tricky..I would have guessed we should have been higher..Views A or anyone else?

Hi Chubs,

We got a lower low yesterday and you can clearly see the 5H bearish cross (graph)...so no confirmation she is done yet!

Just my 2c..

A

"Never never never give up!"

#26903 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

SP500 did close close to 1% at .82% Suddenly 1800 has the potential to be an interim top if they fail to break that level tonight and break down strongly. That might mean they go down  to 1756 area? 

No short covering on IG not the best sign and Pivots are rarely broken on negative US futures numbers. This could get tricky..I would have guessed we should have been higher..Views A or anyone else?

I agree, The unspoken expectation that there would be a bounce this morning on oversold levels , and speculators has not added the long green candle - now how will instituional buyes view the market  - we are oversold and US overbougth making us relatively good options for longs? and the perception of our data links being down yesterday , for whose ever fault leaves a negative view with some overseas buyers -  So, follow our plan or the graphs?

#26904 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Do you hear that roar in the distance?

Is that a bear?

It has to be very hungry after such a long hibernation, a rump steak should be acceptable for now.

The whole bull a little later. 

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#26905 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

So i have my longs in play as i bought the dips dip ;) Will we go back down to below 40000 before a move back up or is this only going up up and away? Anyone have a view?

When FTSE opens with a dip, it might be the last dip.

Don't let FTSE start going up without a long on your platform.

10h00 the proper movements will come through. 

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#26906 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thanks guys for all the support...dit is 'n riem onder die hart. :)

Have to confess, probably indicative of my addictive type personality, but believing that today is a good opportunity to get back in with a tiny bit of capital...I did late yesterday evening do an IGM transfer and took a long before US close....

Holding thumbs!!!

Hi P,

Not to sound harsh but you are going to keep losing money on the way you trade!

Not even the best makes money on jumping in and out of the market to catch the daily fluctuations...and especially taking a trade cause the other indexes are up, TOP40 is its own beast and only way your going to have a change is to trade it's charts!

Know you and L said once trading with a small account is different then a big one, its exactly the same, if you can't follow the right trading strategy with less you won't make it with more!

There is no confirmation the correction is over so to jump in long now is a shot in the dark!

I was there and unfortunately learned the hard way! ;)

A

"Never never never give up!"

#26907 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Have to confess, probably indicative of my addictive type personality, but believing that today is a good opportunity to get back in with a tiny bit of capital...I did late yesterday evening do an IGM transfer and took a long before US close....

Holding thumbs!!!

Ai man, dis jammer! I was there as well a few time the past year (I'm sure you'll remember).  Somehow one manages to get back in the saddle.  I mean, if this is your passion and where your interest is, you will find a way again to make it to the top!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#26908 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Eish Plasma a long last night,we gonna dip and then up.

just hang on P...it will turn

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#26909 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

I can't see it going below 1770 tonight. We will bounce tomorrow.

Accumulating longs from 39850.. Will add if she drops..

Added another long @40029.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#26910 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

"Trade was interrupted for foreign investors for much of the day due to a system glitch with the Johannesburg Stock Exchange's data feed in London. A spokeswoman for the JSE said local clients were not affected."

Reuters - Sharnet

Also could have had an effect on yesterdays drop.

#26911 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

EXPRESS TRAIN IS HERE

Those who were brave in the afternoon and bought between 39800 and 40000, keep youR longs. We are going to be rewarded tomorrow 

The 5 leg correction is finished. :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Still positive  - asia flattened out..

Is 40030 a good entry still - or wait for further dips

#26912 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Eish Plasma a long last night,we gonna dip and then up.

IG CASH

#26913 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

any one else buying at this level....

#26914 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

just bought the dip - what a dip

#26915 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

I was thinking IG was maybe a bit optimistic.

To me, Alsi seems very weak.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#26916 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Holding thumbs!!!

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#26917 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

Don't know where to see it, but I phoned them yesterday and the said it's 21 points. Should be enough to help cover the interest over the weekend if we have to hold on.

#26918 WhatsUp

WhatsUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

Where can we see if there is a dividend today? Tx.

#26919 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Chubby - I hope this is not forward, but you mind posting the volume for the first part of the morning?

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#26920 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

Im looking for that big long green candle that never seems to want to end. Might signal a flush out of shorts through  short covering before deciding. Will take some profit at 40500 ish either way

I see this as another pump and dump day until we are give a clear indication of movement up. I was more conservative at 400, but maybe split 50/50. I do however see a pull back after a quick run and then maybe we setup upside. However this is Friday and not always the best of days...

I should rather go an play golf.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting