• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#27101 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

This seems to be strong support, tested it 5 times so far.

If it breaks things could get ugly.

Attached Files

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#27102 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

My 2c's - on a radio show sometime in the last two weeks a 100% Bear said it is un-American to mess up Xmas and ignoring all graphs and figures that makes 100% sense to me. He further said that even he is afraid to short this market the closer we get to Dec. I think emotions is running this and there is not much anyone can do to stop hit - minutes or no minutes...

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#27103 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

What if the markets knows it's priced in, and just goes up for the heck of it. Like its been doing so far.

Will most probably be the case.

But I am going the other way.

Not with a huge position though.

Alsi future

#27104 joker

joker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Short at 40446 futures

#27105 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

I also have to side with what is not expected. Everyone expects doves, I think we might see some hawks.

If its only doves, at least that seems to be priced in.

What if the markets knows it's priced in, and just goes up for the heck of it. Like its been doing so far.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27106 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

So tonight we get the release of the minutes from the last fed policy meeting. How will this effect the market? My thoughts are , in contrast to all the vague promises about QE continuing for a very long time, the minutes might reveal a different outcome. I'm expecting a drop tomorrow morning. Anyone else agree?

I also have to side with what is not expected. Everyone expects doves, I think we might see some hawks.

If its only doves, at least that seems to be priced in.

Alsi future

#27107 joker

joker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

So tonight we get the release of the minutes from the last fed policy meeting. How will this effect the market? My thoughts are , in contrast to all the vague promises about QE continuing for a very long time, the minutes might reveal a different outcome. I'm expecting a drop tomorrow morning. Anyone else agree?

#27108 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Since 2002, S&P 500 up 10 times versus 1 drop from Nov 20 to Dec 1

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27109 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

If you own a plastic or weak heart, stay away from the market

Something big is about to happen today

We are in a holding pattern until the US open. Hope she doesn't run out of fuel...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#27110 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

If you own a plastic or weak heart, stay away from the market

Something big is about to happen today

#27111 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

The US still needs to dip a little then rise, the big moves will happen based on what US does.

All the markets follow what the US does. If US closes Up then markets open bullish in Asia, then South Africa/Europe and London last.

The cycle starts all over again when US open. We follow the US.

Markets closed undecided last night in the US. That's why our market will also be undecided for the day until US gets decided

yeah maybe

#27112 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

this could be the big move up up and away :)

The US still needs to dip a little then rise, the big moves will happen based on what US does.

All the markets follow what the US does. If US closes Up then markets open bullish in Asia, then South Africa/Europe and London last.

The cycle starts all over again when US open. We follow the US.

Markets closed undecided last night in the US. That's why our market will also be undecided for the day until US gets decided

#27113 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

this could be the big move up up and away :)

#27114 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

You are not alone it seems: http://www.bloomberg...fear-gauge.html  says

About 100,000 VIX March calls were purchased with a strike price of 23 for about $1.30 each, according to Trade Alert LLC. The contracts were among the five most-traded on U.S. options exchanges today, based on data compiled by Bloomberg.

“The S&P 500 (SPX) trade looks like a melt-up trade and the VIX trade is the melt-down trade,” In another transaction, a person spent $5.1 million in a bet that the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index will rise more than 10 percent in the next three months. The trade involved buying about 31,000 February calls for about $1.65 per contract with an exercise price of 1,975 on the U.S. equity benchmark, according to Trade Alert.The two trades -- one that makes money with higher volatility, the other profiting with equity gains -- show seemingly opposing wagers on the direction of the stock market as investors gauge the prospect of continued monetary stimulus after a four-year bull market. The transactions may be used to speculate on the direction of the VIX (VIX) or S&P 500, or to hedge swings in other investments.

They are coping Laszlo Birinyi. I subscribe to his newsletter. I always know when trends change.

It pays to have good mentors to learn from. Based on that article it might also be Laszlo Birinyi who placed that trade.

Do yourselfs a favour and subscribe to Laszlo Birinyi. Market historians are the best teachers.

#27115 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

MACD histogram 4hr chart showing nice bullish divergence

That could also be a bull flag, depending on how you look at it.

IG say possible H&S

That's the beauty about trading, every body sees setups differently. That's why some make money and some loose.

As i always say, trading is not a science. 1+1 is not 2 in trading.

#27116 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Smart Money Management

Protect yourself now.

As we are heading into 2014, we are going to experiance a lot of volitility.

I am long the ViX index and Bonds for protection of my money.

I have 25% of my money on the ViX index long position. ViX is still at support @13. It can easily move to 20 and 30 in 2014.

Money will move back into bonds as investors safeguard their money after Santa rally.

At the same time, i still have a bullish view on stocks till year end.

But my money protection starts now.

You are not alone it seems: http://www.bloomberg...fear-gauge.html  says

About 100,000 VIX March calls were purchased with a strike price of 23 for about $1.30 each, according to Trade Alert LLC. The contracts were among the five most-traded on U.S. options exchanges today, based on data compiled by Bloomberg.

“The S&P 500 (SPX) trade looks like a melt-up trade and the VIX trade is the melt-down trade,” In another transaction, a person spent $5.1 million in a bet that the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index will rise more than 10 percent in the next three months. The trade involved buying about 31,000 February calls for about $1.65 per contract with an exercise price of 1,975 on the U.S. equity benchmark, according to Trade Alert.The two trades -- one that makes money with higher volatility, the other profiting with equity gains -- show seemingly opposing wagers on the direction of the stock market as investors gauge the prospect of continued monetary stimulus after a four-year bull market. The transactions may be used to speculate on the direction of the VIX (VIX) or S&P 500, or to hedge swings in other investments.

#27117 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

short almi at 40466, looking for 40300ish

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#27118 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

We might play this short range till US open. For those who like scalping 40250-40350 will be good.

For parmabear and parmabull, stick to your guns. It wont be long before our fate is decided.

No trade opened today yet. With a long trade from Monday@ 40460 loosing.

My stop is 39800 

My take profit is before Christmas LOL :P

Thanks for this S. In almost the exact same position. Like your take profit...

Edited by BBW, 20 November 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#27119 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Most of the Top40 stocks are green

Most of FTSE stocks green

Most of DAX stocks green

Is it possible that we have a dip and rise later

#27120 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

MACD histogram 4hr chart showing nice bullish divergence

Edited by RBM, 20 November 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting