35854 replies to this topic

#27141 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Make no mistake, Eskimo's troubles are ours as well, and not just because we will indirectly foot the bill for their planned Xmas present to all their 'happy' customers ( a pack of candles with your Xmas electricity bill?) - this is another step on the  down rating radar 

SA cannot provide constant quality energy supply to present or future investments! SA cannot provide the necessary rail neither port facilities to export coal by all etc. SA making errors on their BOP stats -  I think the rating agencies perceive the ineptitude of the SA's government management as negative for DCF calculations for future investments and  can find the necessary stats to warrant that well deserved downgrading and its currency consequences (and push inflation effects on a n already credit burdened consumer) -- I must take S's advice and partly go offshore before the consequence of such an impending down rating severly reduce the amount I can place in such a $ account.

Even though i don't trade my dollar account, The USD/ZAR movement, trades it for me automatically.

Everytime the Rand looses value i become richer.

If the market crashes i become richer.

When the FED taper i become richer.

The dollar will gain value over the Rand every time something bad happens to the world. We all know that South Africa will be in turmoil every year.

People will loose their jobs and revolt. Most South Africans are unskilled. The world is not structured for unskilled people. As we move more into technology manual labor will be replaced by machines.

Even skilled people will loose their jobs. Programmers are working day and night to make it easer for companies to reduce manaul labour through the introduction of software programs that  eliminate human skill. We can say programmers are employed to eliminate you from your job.

The more technology advances, the more unemployment in the world. That's why even the FED don't understand why unemployment is still high. 

Many management involves knowing were to put your money in case the world comes to a turmoil. 

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27142 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Charts:

Bears:                                                             Bulls:

15 min bearish cross                                      ?

30 min bearish cross

60 min bearish cross

5H bearish cross approaching

Daily macd down (through 0 line)

Weekly macd down

Seasonal trend: Down

Bullish sentiment: 70 (too high)

You decide....

The red tide is coming...

Target: 38895 Futures / 38620 IG Cash

Projection: End of month around the 27- 29 Nov...then very good buying opportunity!

Position: Short / Cash

A

Edited by Argento, 20 November 2013 - 09:23 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#27143 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Make no mistake, Eskimo's troubles are ours as well, and not just because we will indirectly foot the bill for their planned Xmas present to all their 'happy' customers ( a pack of candles with your Xmas electricity bill?) - this is another step on the  down rating radar 

SA cannot provide constant quality energy supply to present or future investments! SA cannot provide the necessary rail neither port facilities to export coal by all etc. SA making errors on their BOP stats -  I think the rating agencies perceive the ineptitude of the SA's government management as negative for DCF calculations for future investments and  can find the necessary stats to warrant that well deserved downgrading and its currency consequences (and push inflation effects on a n already credit burdened consumer) -- I must take S's advice and partly go offshore before the consequence of such an impending down rating severly reduce the amount I can place in such a $ account.

#27144 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

We might retest support at 39800 at some stage. That better hold...

K

PS Sittting out on the ALSI for the moment. Have a significant number of long share CFD trades open, and trading rules do not allow for more risk to be taken on at the moment...

(Trading Rule 1: Protect capital!)

Bulls relax today. Lets see what the bears can do.

Markets looking grizzly bear at the moment. Everyone in the world can see. Almost everyone is short.

Goldman Sachs don't like to drop the markets when everyone is short. Some bubbles in the US market are already starting to burst.

Tesla, Bitcoin, 3Dsystems are already bursting.

I still keep my bullish view till year end.

I will preserve my capital today until Until US session.

My mentality is Neutral today.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27145 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

I can see you trade without emotion, neither in love with either bull nor bear, to you its the meal either provide - I should really learn that for myself cause this attachment to my view clouds vision and stiffles dexterity -  - Well done Jakes 

I have also noticed Chubby being able to cut his position for example in an uptrend with me sticking to my view  'clearly seeing a bit more upside to be gained as per my plan' only to see it bend down before target level and losing the ample but lesser gains as well ' -  Chubby was looking at the price action while I am was placing my plan waiting for the market to follow it.

even now I am admittedly still attached to my view that that 41400/600 and even 42000 T40F's is there before end Jan next year

but in between , what is going to be the best level to place those longs - keep those I have ?  OK put my emotions to the side and am going to look at the charts dif time frames - and the news today: SA cannot provide constant quality energy supply to present or future investments! 

Thanks Ocean,

Yes, I try and stick to what I see and leave emotion at the front door.

Inside however, I still am a perma bear and feel equities are in a bubble that has to burst, but trying to trade that against Central banks will ruin me.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#27146 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

K

PS Sittting out on the ALSI for the moment. Have a significant number of long share CFD trades open, and trading rules do not allow for more risk to be taken on at the moment...

Chart shows trading channel on dailies July to present. Target for Santa Rally = 42800.

Support at 39800 must hold, though..

K

Attached Files

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#27147 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Taken a small short overnight @ 40555

Hoping Bernanke will leave me a nice good buy gift.

I just cant help myself.

I can see you trade without emotion, neither in love with either bull nor bear, to you its the meal either provide - I should really learn that for myself cause this attachment to my view clouds vision and stiffles dexterity -  - Well done Jakes 

I have also noticed Chubby being able to cut his position for example in an uptrend with me sticking to my view  'clearly seeing a bit more upside to be gained as per my plan' only to see it bend down before target level and losing the ample but lesser gains as well ' -  Chubby was looking at the price action while I am was placing my plan waiting for the market to follow it.

even now I am admittedly still attached to my view that that 41400/600 and even 42000 T40F's is there before end Jan next year

but in between , what is going to be the best level to place those longs - keep those I have ?  OK put my emotions to the side and am going to look at the charts dif time frames - and the news today: SA cannot provide constant quality energy supply to present or future investments! 

#27148 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

Taken a small short overnight @ 40555

Hoping Bernanke will leave me a nice good buy gift.

I just cant help myself.

Closed half @ 40390

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#27149 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

K

Edited by karlwynv, 20 November 2013 - 08:24 AM.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#27150 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

S..you can show me 100 charts showing just how bullish the charts are and I will give you 100 showing how ripe we are for a correction. I prefer trading what I see on my own charts :) A 1% down day is always a nightmare on my chart...even worse than say a 2% down day!!! Combine a 1% down day and a H&S formation with the pricing close to the neckline and you might see why it doesn't look so rosy through my eyes..Especially with 5 big ones riding in the market. Add a fake-out @ 40600 and SP500 struggling to break 1800..It really is a big tipping point at the moment

Don't fall in love with the downside.

#27151 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Looks like it except for the biggest market on these charts..that doesn't look much like a breakout at all and probably more ripe for a little correction, (or 'dip') bringing the others back with it. 

The other thing I'd like to see..but too lazy to pull the charts..is what the EMs are doing. My guess is taper talk is creating a bit of divergence.

The most bullish charts the world has ever seen.

original_17501614.jpg?1384872152

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#27152 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

@ L

Hierdie verkleurmannetjie het vandag hard van sy perd afgefoeter, maar van midddag weer opgeklim. ;)

No position at the moment.

Must not over trade.

:)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#27153 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Have to concur A..This is not looking pretty at all..anytime we have a sell off like today it is foolish to ignore it

The most bullish charts the world has ever seen.

original_17501614.jpg?1384872152

#27154 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Cannot find story? googled :( u have link?

Cannot find story? googled :( u have link?

http://www.moneyweb....ince-2008--esko

#27155 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Maybe This Time Is Different?

good read by: 

Todd Horwitz November 19, 2013

On Monday the DJIA moved above 16,000 for the first time and if you were watching the financial news networks you might have thought scientists had discovered a cure for cancer. Banner headlines hit the tape everywhere proclaiming this wondrous event.

What really happened?

Nothing!

The market was up .001 percent.

It was a very average Monday on normal Monday volume. It seems the up move was driven by some retail buying after the “Mom and Pop” element had decided it was time to take on the big boys.

“After further review the rally in the market is overturned”

The slide started when Bank of America cut its rating on Microsoft from a strong buy to neutral, before starting to spill over into other stocks and commodities. The front month January Crude Oil Contract at the CME slid below $94 a barrel for the first time in six months. It has now fallen over 17% since the panic buying on the Syrian MWD crisis three months ago.

Gold took another hit moving $20 lower and within reach of its near term support of $1250 dollars per ounce. This came amid news there is significant retail buying in China as the holiday season approaches.

After the selloff some pundits took a look at the market and many thought it might be getting ahead of itself. The five year bull is one of the biggest on record and in length it is approaching at least the top 5 or 6 in the past 150 years.

On the other hand, the retail buyers point out the fact earnings are at near all time high margins. The Fed did not support the other bulls like they have this one and if there is a problem the Fed will step in and continue to print more money.

As for the record earnings, companies have been able to increase productivity to a level not possible in previous bulls, due to the better use of technology. The “old economy” ideas of the way to make money may no longer apply.

If hi-tech companies are losing money now, it is only because forward profits are not accounted for by the “new” way to do business. The need for Green Energy is much greater than it used to be before Global warming, and this should produce even greater profits in any business that takes advantage of that technology.

This time will be different!

If you believe that, I need to talk to you about an idea I have about a perpetual motion machine that requires no energy!

As Always,

Keep those stops tight.

Todd “Bubba” Horwitz

#27156 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Sorry, i close late at night. But i will post my closing if i close early.

For those who have multiple longs, close the ones with the least profit around 40500, keep one open until 23h00.

But bring your stop loss to entry

Thanks. Yes, was also thinking either this morning's high (+-40500) or yesterday's high (above 40650)?

Edited by BBW, 19 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#27157 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

Nice one, in fact 1770 is still a good long area. 

My target for today is 1803

If we can get a dip during open, i am buying FTSE,NASDAQ and adding more Top40

Grandma Yellen will save me.

S&P might hit my target of 1803 today before US close at 23h00

#27158 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

S, you're giving us your buys, but what's your targets? Where to the full move? 

Sorry, i close late at night. But i will post my closing if i close early.

For those who have multiple longs, close the ones with the least profit around 40500, keep one open until 23h00.

But bring your stop loss to entry

#27159 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

FTSE at 6695 it need to close above 6700 for bull trend to gain momentum. London market closed 18h30 our time.

we have 1hour for bulls to claim victory today.

Once FTSE breaks, it's flood gates open on Top40

#27160 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yihhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Got the bull by the Horns

Only the brave get the full move. 

The rest keep chasing the market

S, you're giving us your buys, but what's your targets? Where to the full move? 

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting