35854 replies to this topic

#27361 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

im out - 150 in the bag on SA40 and not cause it is 2300 cause im drunk from all the wine and beer after a very very long week

see ya all monday morning very very early

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#27362 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Going in with all my longs for the weekend.I lost the full 900 points on Wednesday x 4.
The road to recovery begins now.
Or the road to ruin...

Best of luck to all the other warriors who plunge into the Frey with me.

buddy i feel for you, i was there as well

things do however look way better going in to next week, but i would caution as from wed it might changes to fri - look at last year and the year before, however if you can sustain this dec will be your friend.

dec is usually the good month

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#27363 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Going in with all my longs for the weekend.I lost the full 900 points on Wednesday x 4.
Or the road to ruin...

900 * 4. That is horrific!!

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#27364 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Cheers vir eers guys.....will check in later though to see how this are towards the end :)

S&P back at 0.2

And a bit higher now I see .....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#27365 joker

joker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Or the road to ruin...

#27366 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Cheers vir eers guys.....will check in later though to see how this are towards the end :)

S&P back at 0.2

#27367 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

#27368 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

And out .....saw there was a dividend as well. :)

enjoy ya weekend

c y monday for a solid long :)

#27369 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

And out .....saw there was a dividend as well. :)

#27370 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

@23:00 we gonna be at round about where the J200 ended +- 75 so that would be 40394 if Futures are also flat. I have know idea how asia will open on sunday so it you a short term trader who cant handle 200 point drops then it might be a restless weekend. I trade slightly longer and look for about 300-800  pips per trade. That also means that I im prepared to lose 500 pips as long as its still in whatever trading range although I will sit out 1500 pips (5%) of my capital as well if needs be. 

Im net long 2 positions @ 40300 so if we drop 500 we at 39800 which is a strong support area so im covered on a drop in an area that I expect to pull in buyers. 

Try to first calculate how much u would risk losing before going into a trade and right off the amount as if you have already lost it. From a Phsycological point of view it kind of takes away the emotion of losing a trade so that in the event of the trade not going your way its OK because you already knew it could go that way. Its then easier to try and re-evaluate where the trade is going because you are not caught offside with that awful feeling "What do I do now??"  and therefore less likely to make an emotional trade. We have all been there trying to scramble a trade after it didn't go the way we thought it would and invariably it goes even more awry.

Just sharing what I try and do and the way im looking at trading. Trading should becoming a bit boring..but  rather that the emotional trade.

I will get out at 2300 no matter if im positive or negative - im playing golf this weekend and i do not want to think about any trades not going my way.

C thanks for the info you added the last couple of days of which this pm was the most useful - trade on the graph and not the chatter. I scrambled this week on came out on the green side so i wanna take it in and learn from it.

cheers

#27371 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

@23:00 we gonna be at round about where the J200 ended +- 75 so that would be 40394 if Futures are also flat. I have know idea how asia will open on sunday so it you a short term trader who cant handle 200 point drops then it might be a restless weekend. I trade slightly longer and look for about 300-800 pips per trade. That also means that I im prepared to lose 500 pips as long as its still in whatever trading range although I will sit out 1500 pips (5%) of my capital as well if needs be.

Im net long 2 positions @ 40300 so if we drop 500 we at 39800 which is a strong support area so im covered on a drop in an area that I expect to pull in buyers.
Try to first calculate how much u would risk losing before going into a trade and right off the amount as if you have already lost it. From a Phsycological point of view it kind of takes away the emotion of losing a trade so that in the event of the trade not going your way its OK because you already knew it could go that way. Its then easier to try and re-evaluate where the trade is going because you are not caught offside with that awful feeling "What do I do now??" and therefore less likely to make an emotional trade. We have all been there trying to scramble a trade after it didn't go the way we thought it would and invariably it goes even more awry.

Just sharing what I try and do and the way im looking at trading. Trading should becoming a bit boring..but rather that the emotional trade.

Agreed

#27372 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Come...nearly there!!!

#27373 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

like S keeps on saying - psychology is the name of the game

Yes it is, good news , bad news, , fear etc all forms part of psychology to keep the rich richer

#27374 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think some SL's have to be knocked off first before a better turn around, fear is part of the game

like S keeps on saying - psychology is the name of the game

#27375 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Short with money management in place and patient for the better long

I think some SL's have to be knocked off first before a better turn around, fear is part of the game, then again i could be wrong lets see what happens

Edited by RBM, 15 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#27376 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

RBM - you pro long or pro short?

Short with money management in place and patient for the better long

Edited by RBM, 15 November 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#27377 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think from monday afternoon till tuesday mid day will be the party then big bull really starts the music, by then we'll have a proper 4 hr divergence in place

RBM - you pro long or pro short?

#27378 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I think from monday afternoon till tuesday mid day will be the party then big bull really starts the music, by then we'll have a proper 4 hr divergence in place

#27379 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

i see what you mean

wait for monday then?

im going to hand around till 2300 is got in at 350

to add, and i might be wrong cause im still fairly new compared to you lot, the daily seems to have moved upwards...

#27380 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

I kinda never expect the SP500 to shoot the lights out on a Friday on the absence of any real news..Look at the SP500 historically on a Friday it normally finishes very flat or as close as you could get to its open

i see what you mean

wait for monday then?

im going to hand around till 2300 is got in at 350

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting