Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

On Ig the market is clearly cleuless up and down spikes

Just buy below 40650 we are heading for 41000 before the week ends

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28462 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

On Ig the market is clearly cleuless up and down spikes

IG CASH

#28463 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

The market tends to go the direction were it inflicts the greatest pain.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28464 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thanks A, Looked at your post where you said you cut half your longs and soon afterwards T40Fs started slipp sliding away down to low   I had a look on 1 hr chart and saw the top of channel and why it was prudent at that stage to take some profit-  well done! 

- see we showing some green now (was wiping worry beads from my forehead here!was already potentially seeing we might move to support at 40000ish)

Thanks O

Is actually good she is taking a little breather ahead of the 1st, will go in again at cob tomorrow with my half longs for that final push up!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#28465 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Nothing serious..should stay down tomorrow as well and only get back up on friday/monday (1st)!

41170ish (futures) level to watch for that top and good short!

A

Thanks A, Looked at your post where you said you cut half your longs and soon afterwards T40Fs started slipp sliding away down to low   I had a look on 1 hr chart and saw the top of channel and why it was prudent at that stage to take some profit-  well done! 

- see we showing some green now (was wiping worry beads from my forehead here!was already potentially seeing we might move to support at 40000ish)

Edited by OceanWalz, 30 October 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#28466 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

a bit of serious worrying red for us long on T40

but  also consider: "   .......The FOMC statement itself I don't expect to be hawkish simply because they have over $2T invested in quantitative easing and they don't want those efforts to go to waste because of 'sloppy wording'   "

Nothing serious..should stay down tomorrow as well and only get back up on friday/monday (1st)!

41170ish (futures) level to watch for that top and good short!

A

#28467 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

a bit of serious worrying red for us long on T40

but  also consider: "   .......The FOMC statement itself I don't expect to be hawkish simply because they have over $2T invested in quantitative easing and they don't want those efforts to go to waste because of 'sloppy wording'   "

#28468 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

very tempted to add another long here :unsure:

#28469 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yah yah, I am pro-shorts but agree, this bull is driving the bears up the wall! But nothing (well not many) beats holding a short for many days and being paid interest! http://www.sharenetc...ade/index-cfds/

Having said that, the aim is to make money trading on close-of-trade and not in holding a position for attracting interest!  :lol:

Be careful of shorts for reasons:

• Monopoly money being pumped into the system atm is not pro-shorts
  • Shorts attract dividend charge the day of a divi
  • Shorts opened while holding a long position will affect your net position if you do not "FORCE OPEN" the trade
  • I will give this to Sunesis, jumping in-between longs and shorts could becoming confusing in momentum tracking

But shorts are fun - just not yet in this market atm!

80% you will only lose money with shorts in this market..need to know you top patterns and negative divergence signals to short successfully, my advice stay away! :rolleyes:

A

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#28470 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

US ADP national employment change oct: +130k vs +150k exp

US core CPI sept s/a: m/m +0.1%% vs +0.2% exp. No inflation means more printing of cash. How will the FED handle the stock market bubble.

If they try to talk it down by saying taper in December, nobody will believe them. Even if they say taper a million times, who will believe them. Those of you who know how black Wednesday happened in the UK when the pound crashed will know that traders tend to not believe the central bankers at times. That's how George Soros and Jim rogers made a 1 billion in one day

I think the FOMC are currently thinking of how to formulate today's statement that simultanously says no taper without triggering a dollar crash. The FED are stuck, they are trapped between a rock and a hard place. They just have to keep injecting the herion now. Let's get drunk in December with all the free cash.

Link of Black Wednesday documentary. Something to watch while you wait for the FED. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K_oET45GzMI

#28471 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Chubby

Where r u?

O

#28472 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi Sunesis, would you be kind enough to share with me which trading platform u use to trade the (nasdaq) and international indicies, and are you trading them with cfds, i use IG and only see the wall street, no s&p or nasdaq, thank you

Hi Sunesis, would you be kind enough to share with me which trading platform u use to trade the (nasdaq) and international indicies, and are you trading them with cfds, i use IG and only see the wall street, no s&p or nasdaq, thank you

IG should be able to to trade all the indices, but their spreads are strange. But i use Oanda because they are the oldest broker and are very regulated. They don't play with spreads. Hotfores is also good because you can tranfer money via Western Union and also trade some big US and UK stocks

#28473 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hi guys I would also like to learn how to make money of shorts. I am a little new to this although I have been investing and trading for sometime. I am still unfamiliar with the shortd how you go about buying them and when talking about shorts are you referring to the derivatives. I don't really wanna slow you guys down I am a fast learner I just want to know how to read foreign markets to be able to see the potential future of the local market

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

80% you will only lose money with shorts in this market..need to know you top patterns and negative divergence signals to short successfully, my advice stay away! :rolleyes:

A

#28474 hedge Fund

hedge Fund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi guys I would also like to learn how to make money of shorts. I am a little new to this although I have been investing and trading for sometime. I am still unfamiliar with the shortd how you go about buying them and when talking about shorts are you referring to the derivatives. I don't really wanna slow you guys down I am a fast learner I just want to know how to read foreign markets to be able to see the potential future of the local market

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#28475 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Certified Technical Analyst in Markets

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#28476 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Who knows where one can do a CFTe course in SA. I have browsed the Internet but cant seem to find any institution offering the course.

what is CFTe ?

#28477 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Who knows where one can do a CFTe course in SA. I have browsed the Internet but cant seem to find any institution offering the course.

#28478 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Fingers itching for a long again........ Discipline :D

#28479 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Closed my longs @ 40810 for a good profit. For now I am window shopping

#28480 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting