35854 replies to this topic

#28481 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Gap closed so the green train should start up..

FOMC meeting day..usually we go up with a bang into 16:00, US had a very dull uptrend and normally ends with a blow off phase and reverses to indicate a top..

Short timeframe we got a bullish rising wedge that should breakout soon!

A

Cutting half my position here, had a good run from 40350!

The 1st is approaching so won't dare to short now..will wait for the top confirmation first, probably early next week and then down for that 800+ points!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#28482 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't know why, but I just think the FED's going to surprise us; a liiiittle worried about my long.

Whatever the FED say, the market will correct.

Look at the chart. Its broke key resistence levels. Confirming its bull trend.

But in order for that bull trend to continue it has to correct.

Just make sure you close your trade when you feel comfortable with your daily target.

It just depends how much you have taken from the market already from the recent bull run. I am not trading this week.

You don't want to be a late comer and be the pig. That's why its important to buy when no one wants to buy. This way you get to have a holiday when pigs start flying in.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28483 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

FoodForThought.png

Bulls could be in for a party if the above scenario pans out. History is a good indicator of market phycology. How people thought 50 years ago is no different today. The human mind still expresses the same emotions within the same secumstances

We had 3 crashes 1966, 1970,1975. Around 1980 we had the breakout bull trend until year 2000 (Dot.com bubble), not to forget the 1987 crash on the way up.

The above picture shows that we could be starting another cycle bull trend. We broke the highs of 2000 and 2007. Maybe this is a new era.

With electric cars, smartphones, social networks, 3D printing to change people lifestyles. Maybe the new bull trend will start its own history.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28484 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Bulls inflicting more pain. Sure pays to buy the dip. 

Many of the haters(pigs) are licking their wounds. Most of them probably thinking i should have bought the dip. They listen to news on TV, who said journalists were good traders. LOL :D

But on the matter above, we might have a small rally after the news, then a correction. Just my 2c

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P ,

Nothing makes a holiday more relaxing than watching bears run over.

I don't know why, but I just think the FED's going to surprise us; a liiiittle worried about my long.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#28485 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi All

I am sitting nicely with my longs! Looking to close @ 40900. What's the take on a mid afternoon mini pullback?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#28486 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

from one of my favourite 'gurus' in US on current market and Fed meeting tonite:

"We are rising on low-volume because most owners don’t want to sell and that speaks “volumes”. The rate of gains slowed after we passed 1740 as traders grew more cautious of these dizzying heights.  So far the market is giving every indication we transitioned to a directional phase and that means countless new highs are ahead of us.  But like every move in the market, it won’t be straight line and we should expect an occasional step-back for every two-steps forward.

"Soon these gains will stall when big money doesn't continue buying this nearly non-stop move higher.  We don’t need a big dip to interest underweight money managers, but they need something to ease their conscience that they are not buying the top.  It is perfectly reasonable, normal, and healthy to see this string of up-days take a break and the market to re-test support at 1740.  That is actually far more bullish and sustainable than continuing higher without resting. I still expect the market will make new highs in coming weeks, but near-term down-days are an important part of moving higher.'

".........The market already expects no change from the Fed, so there will not be a sustainable pop on the news.  In fact, if there is a pop, that could be a good opportunity to lock-in recent profits and looking for a better level to buy back in.  Longer-term traders can hold the volatility because so any near-term weakness looks like it will simply be part of the process of moving higher."

Bulls inflicting more pain. Sure pays to buy the dip. 

Many of the haters(pigs) are licking their wounds. Most of them probably thinking i should have bought the dip. They listen to news on TV, who said journalists were good traders. LOL :D

But on the matter above, we might have a small rally after the news, then a correction. Just my 2c

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P ,

Nothing makes a holiday more relaxing than watching bears run over.

#28487 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Easy money stay long forget short. Note to myself.

IG CASH

#28488 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

This is a breakout in slow motion...

Shake & Bake

A

#28489 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

FOMC meeting day..usually we go up with a bang into 16:00, US had a very dull uptrend and normally ends with a blow off phase and reverses to indicate a top..

A

This is a breakout in slow motion...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#28490 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

from one of my favourite 'gurus' in US on current market and Fed meeting tonite:

"We are rising on low-volume because most owners don’t want to sell and that speaks “volumes”. The rate of gains slowed after we passed 1740 as traders grew more cautious of these dizzying heights.  So far the market is giving every indication we transitioned to a directional phase and that means countless new highs are ahead of us.  But like every move in the market, it won’t be straight line and we should expect an occasional step-back for every two-steps forward.

"Soon these gains will stall when big money doesn't continue buying this nearly non-stop move higher.  We don’t need a big dip to interest underweight money managers, but they need something to ease their conscience that they are not buying the top.  It is perfectly reasonable, normal, and healthy to see this string of up-days take a break and the market to re-test support at 1740.  That is actually far more bullish and sustainable than continuing higher without resting. I still expect the market will make new highs in coming weeks, but near-term down-days are an important part of moving higher.'

".........The market already expects no change from the Fed, so there will not be a sustainable pop on the news.  In fact, if there is a pop, that could be a good opportunity to lock-in recent profits and looking for a better level to buy back in.  Longer-term traders can hold the volatility because so any near-term weakness looks like it will simply be part of the process of moving higher."

Cool info..

Thanks O

#28491 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

#28492 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thing is, IMO.

Everyone knows equity markets are at unsustainable levels, but as long as central banks are printing money, you just cant go short for a reasonable correction, maybe a scalp here and there, but no correction.

The reason for this is, that even if no one want to risk there money in the market, the FED's money ($84 bil a month) will maintain this rally.

I dont think this is healthy, and as soon as the printing stops, we should have a huge drop.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#28493 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

what is your target Jakes if I may ask ? may your wise choices with your trading continue!

Thanks,

I have a target of +- 41185.

That is short term.

But, like I said, if FED (& other central banks) continue printing, we should just keep rising till they stop printing.

So I dont see a roof for this bull run.

Alsi future

#28494 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

we should have a strong up day,

BIL, BTI, CFR, NPN, SAB all up.

the big boy BTI up .92%

what is your target Jakes if I may ask ? may your wise choices with your trading continue!

#28495 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

She made a new high today so bulls are not finished yet, tomorrow should be a good green day and I'm then going to look on taking profits around 16:00, will then wait for the top confirmation (possibly into next week) for a good short position!

A

A

#28496 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Closed @ 40925 and long @ same

Nice! Fast Fingers!

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#28497 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

we should have a strong up day,

BIL, BTI, CFR, NPN, SAB all up.

the big boy BTI up .92%

Alsi future

#28498 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm short @ 41009

not looking for a lot, just a scalp with a tight stop.

As long as FED is printing we will keep climbing, no stopping this train.

Alsi future

#28499 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Stock market trend

Remember, the market likes to trend in the direction which causes the most investor pain.
Since the stock market bottom in 2009 equities has been rising which is great, but this train could be setting up to do the unthinkable. What do I mean? Well, let’s take a look at the two possible outcomes.

The Bear Market Trend & Investor Negative Credit
The S&P500 has been forming a large broadening formation over the last 13 years. The recent run to new highs and record amounts of money being borrowed to buy stocks on margin has me skeptical about prices continuing higher.

Take a look at the chart below which I found on the ZeroHedge website last week. This chart shows the SP500 index relative to positive and negative investor credit balances. As you can see we are starting to reach some extreme leverage again on the stock market. I do feel we are close to a strong correction or possible bear market, but we must remember that a correction may be all we get. It does not take much for this type of borrowed money to be washed clean and removed. A simple 2-6 week correction will do this and then stocks will be free to continue higher.
credit.gif

Monthly Bearish Trend Outlook
Below you can see the simple logical move that should occur next for stocks based on the average bull market lasts four years (it has been four years) and the fact the negative credit is so high again.

Also, poor earnings continue to be released for many individual names across all sectors of the market. While corporate profits may be holding up or growing in some of the big name stocks, revenues are not. This means the big guys are simply laying off workers and cutting costs still.
Overall the stock market is entering its strongest period of the year. So things could get choppy here with strong up and down days until Jan. After that stocks could start to top out and eventually confirm a down trend. Keep in mind, major market tops are a process. They take 6-12 months to form so do not think this is a simple short trade. The market will be choppy until a confirmed down trend is in place.
MajorBear.png

Monthly BULLISH Trend Outlook

This scenario is the least likely one floating around market participant’s minds. It just does not seem possible with the global issues trying to be resolved. With the Federal Reserve continuing to print tens of billions of dollars each month inflating the stocks market this bullish scenario has some legs to stand on and makes for the perfect “Wall of Worry” for stocks to climb.
The US dollar is likely to continue falling in the long run, but I do not think it will collapse. Instead, it will likely grind lower and trade almost in a sideways pattern for years to come.
FoodForThought.png

Major Stock Market Trend Conclusion:
In summary, I remain bullish with the trend, but once price and the technical indicators confirm a down trend I will happily jump ships and take advantage of lower prices.

S

Thanks for this, always nice t hav a reality check.

O

#28500 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm short @ 41009

not looking for a lot, just a scalp with a tight stop.

As long as FED is printing we will keep climbing, no stopping this train.

Brave, she might start off with a bang if the shorts start covering...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting