#28681 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

went long @40340

Red light just flagged on my meter. USD and JPY are very strong. Thats a sign of risk off.

Market my be starting to pullback. If you have a deep account i suggest to hold on.

Limitted accounts with a long btrade should be carefull with longs. Rather wait for dust to settle or buy when a real pullback comes.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28682 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

went long @40340

#28683 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

ALSI steam running out, its not moving up with the major indices. Bit of a concern

Or maybe just lagging

Dow and FTSE  looking lively today maybe new highs on Dow and FTSE coming

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28684 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

From what i see on my currency meter the dollar looks strong today

#28685 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Morning L,

Yip, Aussie had a nasty bear drop and continued down while we ran up...I believe due to the QE intervention!Now that the Aussie is recovering a healthy rotation is busy with new flows into resources that underperformed, so with this market not being rational and one would think it is way to high we should just continue climbing with them.

But as S mentioned normally with such breakouts across the board distribution is in order, so my view is we should go back up to previous highs, then down again and create a top patttern for a drop early November, this could be a return move in the works and very bullish into year end.

Same funds are driving this rally as last year, got a potential top around the 04th November (cycle date) for this pattern, then should be a good short!

But for now..staying long! ;)

A

That's very true about the AUD$ its been going up since the debt sagga.

I once gave a link here in the forum about a currency strenght meter that you can download and be able to see which currencies are strong live.

Gold is once again pushing the AUD.

Its good to be able to combine different market analysis just to trade ALSI. I spend 80% just analysing FTSE,S&P, Dow,DAX, Oil and forex just to trade ALSI

Anyway lets see how US market performs today. Everything depends on it.

We have Microsoft,Amazon, Coke,Ford and i think Apple reporting today.

#28686 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks sir!

And.. Yes sir!  :P

A

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#28687 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hello Argento.

What is your opinion on ALSI (still?) following the AU$ movements? I think this connection has been broken the past couple of months, but am seeing that ALSI is following the trend of the Ausie markets as a whole now-a-days. I can’t believe it is only because of a ticker such as BHP.

My take (based on he above), ALSI will end up today if the Ausie markets are anything to go by atm. 

Morning L,

Yip, Aussie had a nasty bear drop and continued down while we ran up...I believe due to the QE intervention!Now that the Aussie is recovering a healthy rotation is busy with new flows into resources that underperformed, so with this market not being rational and one would think it is way to high we should just continue climbing with them.

But as S mentioned normally with such breakouts across the board distribution is in order, so my view is we should go back up to previous highs, then down again and create a top patttern for a drop early November, this could be a return move in the works and very bullish into year end.

Same funds are driving this rally as last year, got a potential top around the 04th November (cycle date) for this pattern, then should be a good short!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#28688 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Buy also brent crude oil for diversification

#28689 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

For agrresive traders buy the dip 39400. its hitting the middle bollinger band and stocastic is low

It doesn't really matter if you think that markets are "too high". The big US-based institutional money is bullish

Until the FED stops printing keep buying

#28690 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

The way to determine a trend, is to look at the weekly and daily chart. That's the true chart. Just remember that higher time frames are better at analysis that lower time frames.

For now the weekly and daily are still going up.  A day or a few days might go down but the that's not were the chart is going. Momemtum will always shift to were the chart is going.

Now to make money you need to be always at the right side of the trade no matter what the market is doing. It gives you a better advantage than a person on the wrong side of the trade. Your loses will always come back into profit if you are with a trend.

When the trend is up, you just have to keep buying. No reason to confuse yourself by selling. Trading is not a superman game. Don't fight it. The only traders who will  still be around in 10 years time are the ones who survive each battle while never trying to win the war.

This market is clearly not for sellers. A seller will get burned. Its like jumping in front of a train

Just Buy the F*cken Dip

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

The fact that prices are sooo high, it's creating a sense of fear/uncertainty to buy, as it has the makings of a pullback. But you are right, the trend is your friend. Stop fighting it!

IG Cash

#28691 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

My short is still open... but you won this round.

Short closed, triggered by S/L. I'll wait for market open to decide what to do next.

IG Cash

#28692 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

The way to determine a trend, is to look at the weekly and daily chart. That's the true chart. Just remember that higher time frames are better at analysis that lower time frames.

For now the weekly and daily are still going up.  A day or a few days might go down but the that's not were the chart is going. Momemtum will always shift to were the chart is going.

Now to make money you need to be always at the right side of the trade no matter what the market is doing. It gives you a better advantage than a person on the wrong side of the trade. Your loses will always come back into profit if you are with a trend.

When the trend is up, you just have to keep buying. No reason to confuse yourself by selling. Trading is not a superman game. Don't fight it. The only traders who will  still be around in 10 years time are the ones who survive each battle while never trying to win the war.

This market is clearly not for sellers. A seller will get burned. Its like jumping in front of a train

Just Buy the F*cken Dip

#28693 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hello Argento.

What is your opinion on ALSI (still?) following the AU$ movements? I think this connection has been broken the past couple of months, but am seeing that ALSI is following the trend of the Ausie markets as a whole now-a-days. I can’t believe it is only because of a ticker such as BHP.

My take (based on he above), ALSI will end up today if the Ausie markets are anything to go by atm. 

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#28694 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Sunesis

U saying we heading south r north ?

O

North as always

#28695 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Sunesis

U saying we heading south r north ?

O

#28696 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'm having a TA that the market is pausing for a breather, it's going to be difficult to trade it from now on.

30-80 points will be good enough until it decides to dance again.

From my analysis with other indices i found that tops been reached and some resistance broken for to start new legs upwards.

But i believe a breather will be the story from now on.

I might be wrong, but that's what i see. Although the market does not really care what i think

Some charts to see breakouts to the upside attached

Attached Files

#28697 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

PPS. This is not a competition, but a learning opportunity.

PPPS. Also remember that not many of the people on this forum actually has the balls to publish their trades for others to learn from.

Cheers to those who do! ;)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#28698 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Closed 100 points in just over an hour is not bad

What did we learn about that trade.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful

I bought at a low when market was falling, i did not find a reason to sell at that price because the market was already low.
Anyway Chubby can still make money depending on the motive behind his trade.

The market looks like its going for 39800 which will give me more chances to go long 

Remember always go with the trend and buy the f*cken dip

My short is still open... but you won this round.

IG Cash

#28699 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I bought at a low when market was falling, i did not find a reason to sell at that price because the market was already low.

The market looks like its going for 39800 which will give me more chances to go long 

Good one S. I don't think Chubby has any motive but to make money like any of us on this forum...

Edited by Rockstar, 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#28700 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Congrats! You just bagged +-100 points.

Viva La Bull! Lol :)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting