Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

We going up r down?

We still going up. buy the dips.

We might take a detour down, but the trend is up.

Whenever we go down take it as a market breather. The market does not go up in a straight line.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#29002 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

We going up r down?

She might just pause a while to catch her breath before commencing the journey upwards.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#29003 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Great hope we fall our arses off today

I would want a drop to at least to 39400  for my 1st buy.

Lucky i have a SAB long from last weeks low. It might rally today.

US story  was a buy the rumour sell the fact.

I think now its a sell the rumour buy the fact. Markets are pricing a China GDP slowdown tomorrow.

Nonetheless we are still going up. Its just a matter of time.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#29004 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

We going up r down?

#29005 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Great hope we fall our arses off today

IG CASH

#29006 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I don't think our market will run wild today (just my un-educated opinion).  Think it has been a case of "buy the rumour"...

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#29007 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Then my words of caution aren't meant for you. There are however also investors out there who may be wondering what to do now...

I've closed 1 or 2 of my long-term positions recently and converted it to foreign currency and gold.  I've been a nervous wreck

these past 2 weeks and I feel a lot better now.  I had a great year thus far but I don't have the stomach for this market.  I'll make 

a few trades here and there but I'm not jumping in naked.

#29008 alexander

alexander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFourways

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

well said.

well hopefully there wont be a Credit down grading in the next 3 months

#29009 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

All this experts started saying this since 2009. I just trade everyday and close my positions. Take your money and run. Traders don't care about when it will crash. I'm not a investor, i'm a trader

well said.

#29010 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

A debt deal has been reached in theory according to Senate aides. It still needs to go to a vote but signs/rumours are positive.

The can successfully kicked down the road: Senate deal would give US a budget until Jan 15, suspend debt limit until Feb 7.

The market bought the rumor with two hands, maybe they will sell the fact

Good night

#29011 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Will there be a press conference or something when a deal is confirmed to avert debt default? Or do you just keep a long position hoping it will happen?

http://www.bloomberg...al-impasse.html

IG Cash

#29012 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Will there be a press conference or something when a deal is confirmed to avert debt default? Or do you just keep a long position hoping it will happen?

IG Cash

#29013 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Then my words of caution aren't meant for you. There are however also investors out there who may be wondering what to do now...

#29014 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yes you could be right and I am not trying to pick the top. Just getting nervous with every passing day whilst this levitation continuous. Spoke this morning with one of the sharpest minds in the industry who has seen this before. He said that when you feel rich and you should if you have been fully invested in equities for last 3 years then you must begin to worry about the level of the market. Risk reward not great up here...but not shorting just yet as there could be one final squeeze. Also worth considering that Tom Demark said last week that s&p price action looks very similar to that of 1929 and we all know how that party ended. What really worries me is that nobody sees any reason for an equity sell off.

All this experts started saying this since 2009. I just trade everyday and close my positions. Take your money and run. Traders don't care about when it will crash. I'm not a investor, i'm a trader

#29015 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yes you could be right and I am not trying to pick the top. Just getting nervous with every passing day whilst this levitation continuous. Spoke this morning with one of the sharpest minds in the industry who has seen this before. He said that when you feel rich and you should if you have been fully invested in equities for last 3 years then you must begin to worry about the level of the market. Risk reward not great up here...but not shorting just yet as there could be one final squeeze. Also worth considering that Tom Demark said last week that s&p price action looks very similar to that of 1929 and we all know how that party ended. What really worries me is that nobody sees any reason for an equity sell off.

#29016 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Whatever happens i've made enough money for the day.

The dog is happy

The kids are happy

The wife is happy

I am happy

I've never been so tired with  making money like today

#29017 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Beware of trying to pick the top

If you’re long dollars, stocks, debt deal positive trades it may be wise to let them flow. If you’re out don’t be tempted to fade the buying just yet as there may be plenty more in these moves yet. We’ve not had ink on paper yet and the votes have got to go through. It’s looking 99% done now but the market may be waiting for that 100% confirmation and the exact details of any deal before making a real move higher.

I love this market.

I'm on a Nasdaq and S&P long trade, and i loving what i see. It just keeps going higher. I've brought my stops to 30% profit cover. Just in case sh*t happens

ALSI still getting munipulated by IG

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P 

I disagree, this move IMO is 100% QE driven. Everyone expects a kick down the road, so QE will keep flowing.

If US gets a clean deal done, it could mean that tapering could start end of this year, and IMO, markets will drop.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#29018 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

If you’re long dollars, stocks, debt deal positive trades it may be wise to let them flow. If you’re out don’t be tempted to fade the buying just yet as there may be plenty more in these moves yet. We’ve not had ink on paper yet and the votes have got to go through. It’s looking 99% done now but the market may be waiting for that 100% confirmation and the exact details of any deal before making a real move higher.

I love this market.

I'm on a Nasdaq and S&P long trade, and i loving what i see. It just keeps going higher. I've brought my stops to 30% profit cover. Just in case sh*t happens

Boehner has agreed to bring the senate bill to the house floor, the odds of averting a default is almost certain now!

Got this hunch we're going to open tomorrow with lots of green...

This dull up and down showing a big move c'mon!

A

Edited by Argento, 16 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#29019 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I love this market.

#29020 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Agreed could be buy rumour sell fact when deal is reached...they are in any case just sticking a band aid on it and kicking the can a bit further. Me can not help but wonder when does the can decide to kick back?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting