#30821 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

great calling A..

Im back into chicken shorting shares.....

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#30822 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ok, top formation confirmed with the backtest of the broken line today..so down we go.

I do not expect such a major correction with 35600 possibly a low, but will see where we are last week in September as October should be bullish and with seasonal trend taking her into year-end.

Bullish sentiment has dropped considerably so watch for that SPX 1562 level as major support before new highs.

A

"Never never never give up!"

#30823 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lets see if she holds?

Nope,

So here we go.

:D

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#30824 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Lets see if she holds?

Attached Files

Alsi future

#30825 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Cant tell you where its going to end but the closer to this mornings open the better if you are short. The candlestick followers will be looking for a tombstone.

#30826 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

any shouts as to a downside target this afternoon?

I would also like to know what the experts think. The way it looks now is 379-something or even lower. but that's just a gut-feel/guess.

#30827 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Closed long and back in short @ 38060

Very low volume, and we are still dropping

Things aren't looking good for the bulls

Alsi future

#30828 Magic_Matt

Magic_Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

any shouts as to a downside target this afternoon?

#30829 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

stupid question, but where do you guys think we will end today? data might predict?

#30830 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi fabes,

Something important to remember is your seasonally trends, and September together with June/November are negative, October due to earning season will probably be up again..so apart from TA my 2c is FED will eitherway start to taper soon...

A

Thanks A.

I was just a little worried as the alsi follows markets when it wants and the markets were a little up last i checked. didn't want to get hurt in this volatile market.

making notes as i go along. this morning all indicators was showing up(short term) which it did, so i went short and got burnt. but now i'm with the trend and indicators.

advice is much appreciated.

#30831 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

guys, just wanna hear your thoughts on this afternoon's data release...

everyone is short at the moment based on the broken trend etc and possible tapering expectation. What if data suggest that tapering might not happen in october?  Will you remain short or go long?

Hi fabes,

Something important to remember is your seasonally trends, and September together with June/November are negative, October due to earning season will probably be up again..so apart from TA my 2c is FED will eitherway start to taper soon...

A

#30832 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Im also took some profit. Now waiting..<br /><br />

#30833 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

I have just gone square, position wise - so will wait 'n see.

everyone is short at the moment based on the broken trend etc and possible tapering expectation. What if data suggest that tapering might not happen in october?  Will you remain short or go long?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30834 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

#30835 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

My 2 cents..

Intra-day scalping needs a different set of TA all together. If you want to go for a pure Risk/Reward strategy for 100-150 points, you Stop Loss cannot be more than 40-60 points. Any decent 5min swing or the margin thieves at IG(!) will sort that out for you in the blink of an eye.

Daily Pivot points (+ R and S levels), channels, Fibs (5 and 15 min charts) and med-term support/resistance levels are used by the majority of "successful" intra-day guys like @ALSITRADER and the rest of the Twitter bunch.

And sure as hell you need to be glued to the screen. A 20 min coffee brake can yield a whole upmove, target level and retrace. And that is when the "revenge trade" mentality kicks in.. "I missed out on that move, wait it was just a retest, it will go back"...

thanks JJ. I always look at the 1 and 2 min charts as well. sometimes good and sometimes bad. just need to use it with the trend.

#30836 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Shooting star on 5 min @ R1 (246).

Textbook.

Attached Files

#30837 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Absolutely brilliant call Argento!

Wish I had margin remaining to add to shorts here as well, but it is otherly occupied atm!

Thanks L

A

#30838 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

My 2 cents..

Intra-day scalping needs a different set of TA all together. If you want to go for a pure Risk/Reward strategy for 100-150 points, you Stop Loss cannot be more than 40-60 points. Any decent 5min swing or the margin thieves at IG(!) will sort that out for you in the blink of an eye.

Daily Pivot points (+ R and S levels), channels, Fibs (5 and 15 min charts) and med-term support/resistance levels are used by the majority of "successful" intra-day guys like @ALSITRADER and the rest of the Twitter bunch.

And sure as hell you need to be glued to the screen. A 20 min coffee brake can yield a whole upmove, target level and retrace. And that is when the "revenge trade" mentality kicks in.. "I missed out on that move, wait it was just a retest, it will go back"...

#30839 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Wish I had margin remaining to add to shorts here as well, but it is otherly occupied atm!

indeed. see the short bull trend is now dead. thought we might head for 38500 before heading down again

#30840 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Adding shorts here!

A

Edited by Lekkerry, 29 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting