• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#30861 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

fabes, please heed some advise. Don't go for the massive big swings, not in this market. Play the day, use the 1m, 5m and 15m and have a 100 points your goal. During volatile times (i.e. yesterday), many more 100 pointers will drop into your bucket.

Unless you have big pockets to ride the waves, they hardly ever prove profitable.

There is always a chance (if you go for the big movements), that they might happen, but at what cost? Many a trader (both novice and seasoned) have lost liquidity chasing the rainbow.

I also want the 4000 point drop, but it won't happen in one go and timing it, well I find it difficult in this artificial (read QE-laden) market.

Use it, don't use it.

Looks at the ZAR/GBP & ZAR/$

It is a big driver of our market

Thanks Guys. Makes sense. I find it difficult to play the day in this markets cause one swing takes your sl out. timing is also an issue for me.like now, past experience told me that we will go higher as we have some sort of upward trend medium term, but now the trend was set as down. so what do i trade, going long is stupid as its against the trend. confused... :ph34r:

#30862 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

fabes, please heed some advise. Don't go for the massive big swings, not in this market. Play the day, use the 1m, 5m and 15m and have a 100 points your goal. During volatile times (i.e. yesterday), many more 100 pointers will drop into your bucket.

Unless you have big pockets to ride the waves, they hardly ever prove profitable.

There is always a chance (if you go for the big movements), that they might happen, but at what cost? Many a trader (both novice and seasoned) have lost liquidity chasing the rainbow.

I also want the 4000 point drop, but it won't happen in one go and timing it, well I find it difficult in this artificial (read QE-laden) market.

Use it, don't use it.

Big money lies in the big moves, if you short and hold you will be rewarded come end of September!

To try and catch the daily fluctuations will just eat your money, if you don't have a bit of a pocket to ride some moves out I don't believe it is worth playing!

But each got his own strategy...just my thoughts and experience mr Tiger!:0)

Had a nice backtest of the broken trendline this morning, so she should gradually come down in waves..unfortunately not a poet like Chubs!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#30863 WhatsUp

WhatsUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the schedule. Looks like some forward buying today ... ??

#30864 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Does anyone know, when in the month does the billions of dollars of QE flow into the markets ?

http://www.ny.frb.or...n_schedule.html

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#30865 WhatsUp

WhatsUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Does anyone know, when in the month does the billions of dollars of QE flow into the markets ?

#30866 voël

voël

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Looks like the Bulls and the bears are competing for the 38200 spot. Who's gonna win....

Go BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

short @38172 IG

#30867 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

My overnight long in a warrant worked out nicely. Good for mental health :)

Edited by Plasma, 29 August 2013 - 09:14 AM.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#30868 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

The support turned resistance is now being tested. For me this will define my next move, lank of kort!

The interim support of +- 382## is being broken now. One little push down and it gives. See the attached 4h view. This support has been at play for many days now.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30869 voël

voël

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Looks like the Bulls and the bears are competing for the 38200 spot. Who's gonna win....

Go BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

short @38172 IG

#30870 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Use it, don't use it.

guys, some advice please? I see the whole world and its mother is green and climbing today. While I do get that we all work with technical analysis, will we not move with the world today seeing that we had a massive bull run, wouldn't it want to continue? Insights appreciated.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30871 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm definitely not a technical analyst, but the only downward trend lines I see, are on the hourlies and smaller. Anything longer looks up??

OK, I guess saying that was a little stupid; depends on how long time frame as well? And there it seems anything from further back than a month, looks up???

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#30872 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Jeez, look at the action. Sellers dumping into anyone thats got a buy order

Alsi future

#30873 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

Friday afternoon, you mean chasing the divi?

minutes make hours... hours make days.... days make weeks.... whilst we may bounce this morning after a 1.8% fall yesterday.... keep your eyes on the trend lines and broader picture!!

charts look damaged... will the damage be fixed by friday afternoon is the question

#30874 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

minutes make hours... hours make days.... days make weeks.... whilst we may bounce this morning after a 1.8% fall yesterday.... keep your eyes on the trend lines and broader picture!!

charts look damaged... will the damage be fixed by friday afternoon is the question

I'm definitely not a technical analyst, but the only downward trend lines I see, are on the hourlies and smaller. Anything longer looks up??

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#30875 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Edited by Ninja, 29 August 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#30876 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

guys, some advice please? I see the whole world and its mother is green and climbing today. While I do get that we all work with technical analysis, will we not move with the world today seeing that we had a massive bull run, wouldn't it want to continue? Insights appreciated.

Looks at the ZAR/GBP & ZAR/$

It is a big driver of our market

Alsi future

#30877 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Looks like we first gonna retest the highs wtf

#30878 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Looks like we first gonna retest the highs wtf

IG CASH

#30879 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Long @ 37900

For a bit of a bounce, then I will go short again.

Closed long and back in short @ 38060

Alsi future

#30880 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

33900?

[edit] Most of this year's gain (if not all) is QE related. SO your target assumes ALSI stabilizes to normal (post QE) levels - hence QE being ended?

Yes, but only in a couple of weeks.

There is one strong support before that @ +-34660, but if that fails. I think 33900 is the target.

Alsi future

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting