Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

20 EMA (exponentiol moving average)  not sma and Bollinger Band Middle

Hi Mhlato,

Just to be clear, you looking at sma-20 and ema-20.... right?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#32302 mdma

mdma

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

@ matebele, yes, the standard bbm = 20. I am always on the lookout for a  way around the stress thingy...had some ticker problems in '92 :D 

@ redeemer, you can test drive it. Put up a 1hr chart with those 2 indicators only and mark all the points where they turned up or down for back testing. Then it's up to you to decide whether to stck to them or not.

Hi Mhlato,

Just to be clear, you looking at sma-20 and ema-20.... right?

#32303 matebele

matebele

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

@ matebele, yes, the standard bbm = 20. I am always on the lookout for a  way around the stress thingy...had some ticker problems in '92 :D 

@ redeemer, you can test drive it. Put up a 1hr chart with those 2 indicators only and mark all the points where they turned up or down for back testing. Then it's up to you to decide whether to stck to them or not.

u are reviling you age now.  :o .

WILL I EVER BE A BILLIONAIRE?

#32304 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#32305 matebele

matebele

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Mhlatho...excuse the ignorance...whats BBM???

Bollinger Bands middle line

#32306 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Blackberry Messenger - insider trading.... Just kidding!

Need a million ASAP

#32307 happiesmiles007

happiesmiles007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLONDON

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

oh yeah and EMA?? (electronic mean average)?

think bbm is something to do with his black berry mobile

#32308 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Howzit bulls, to me swing trading the Alsi, using 1 hour charts with a 20 EMA and BBM for conformation worked very well. Check it out....go long when the ema and bbm turns up ...exit and go short when the ema and bbm turns down.

From 02/05 till 02/07 there were 16 trades...no losers and netting 11,000 + points, very simple,  AND WITHOUT ANY STRESS!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#32309 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Mhlato!

This is worth trying!!!

Howzit bulls, to me swing trading the Alsi, using 1 hour charts with a 20 EMA and BBM for conformation worked very well. Check it out....go long when the ema and bbm turns up ...exit and go short when the ema and bbm turns down.

From 02/05 till 02/07 there were 16 trades...no losers and netting 11,000 + points, very simple,  AND WITHOUT ANY STRESS!!

#32310 matebele

matebele

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Mhlato. u mean BBM is also 20? when did u discover this? 11000 points wow. i see a billionaire in the making.

#32311 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Out @ 34799. Too much heat ATM.

Short @34767.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#32312 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

ive learnt that there are 2 types of trades. (1) where you ride the trend for a certain period a few days to maybe a week or so then 

(2) where you are in/out within a day or 2 sometimes quicker.

#32313 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Short @34767.

There is still a further downside target @ +/- 34230, if there is a shock to the system. Getting tempted to play it. Just to get the entry right..

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#32314 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Short @ 34685, charts confirming more downside to come!

Might get a really good long entry later this week/early next with a new low!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#32315 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

For this to happen, 34600 has to give way. Go bears!

There is still a further downside target @ +/- 34230, if there is a shock to the system. Getting tempted to play it. Just to get the entry right..

#32316 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

#32317 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

chubby, well that was that.

I just can't shrug this intense feeling for going long - this coming from a perma-bear! Rather confusing atm.

Retest...Long long way down till next support but im sure she will hold up..Nice entry for a long? or you gonna go the other way?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#32318 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Very well played karlwynv!!

Stoploss triggered for my longs (uptrend line broken)...I'm sitting out, watched the long term chart of BHP yesterday and it just looks nasty with a crash scenario on the way...!

It is possible the downtrend can resume after this week, that daily bearish cross looks like it is still in play!

A

Eina!If you are long term in this one...get out!

A

#32319 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Farouk any 10min uptrend chart???

IG CASH

#32320 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Short @ 35060. Target 34600. (IG cash)

Very well played karlwynv!!

Stoploss triggered for my longs (uptrend line broken)...I'm sitting out, watched the long term chart of BHP yesterday and it just looks nasty with a crash scenario on the way...!

It is possible the downtrend can resume after this week, that daily bearish cross looks like it is still in play!

A

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting