35843 replies to this topic

#7961 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

I see you are using the delta again, any reason why the **** for a while, or were you hiding form HDB

G

:D  :P  :D

a name you can actually pronounce is more personal, don't you think? hiding from hdb...are you serious? :lol:   i'm the last person to back down on forums/real life for anyone ;)  my calls are made by myself...losses and wins are mine and i own them :) 

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#7962 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

thks for your kind words Bandido

I see you are using the delta again, any reason why the **** for a while, or were you hiding form HDB

G

:D  :P  :D

#7963 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

eish..just thrown in bollinger, now have that additional mid point as extra level of resistance to overcome. multiple resistance lines now glowing on my chart....paints a pretty grim pic(lol)

still in play though

#7964 denrandgroup

denrandgroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

Closed 46280...lots of overhead resistance to clear on 5m resolution.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

nice one D...on my charts also seeing 2 levels of resistance(62ema/100ma) 5min...maybe being a little greedy today with targets 9.00am closing price

On 5min resistance also @ 50ma,200ma,pivot level & upper bollinger band.if she clears that 9am target wil nw be in play.

The Wolf of ALSI

#7965 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

nice one D...on my charts also seeing 2 levels of resistance(62ema/100ma) 5min...maybe being a little greedy today with targets 9.00am closing price

#7966 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

@ Argento is this due to the US raising their interest rates or has it more to do with local news...

International events has a bigger impact on the TOP40 than local due to most companies listed abroad, but one can see the fundamentals of the miners is having an impact!But yes think the rate hike coming probably in September and the China factor is weighing on our markets and should cause the down move. But we are also in a 7 year peak cycle to add...just go 7 years back to 2008 and 2000 and see what she did!

Something to note...attached is a weekly graph of TOP40, see how the markets stay within the upper bb half when bullish, and if bearish stays in the lower half, very important for the longer term trend so currently showing it is down!

Bollinger bands very important in this game!!

A

Attached Files

"Never never never give up!"

#7967 denrandgroup

denrandgroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

Long 46159 @ 200sma 15m resolution. 60 pips stop

The Wolf of ALSI

#7968 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

@ Argento is this due to the US raising their interest rates or has it more to do with local news...

#7969 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

Thanks B but I'm also still learning and each artist here (maybe you don't know it yet but yes, trading is an art) has something to give!Blytz/davidp13 made an awesome sitting tight trade the other day, Denrandgroup called the big drop in May and V with his elliott wave counts, Django with his moving day average crosses and ***** with his 1min timeframe calls!

Sorry if I left somebody out! B)

Most important thing is you need to understand why the market is doing what it is doing, making patterns (elliot wave counts) over certain periods (seasonals) and resulting in a push higher or correction down...then comes TA as well!

Longter term it is still my view we are busy with a huge top formation (Primary IV) that is going to break down around September/October (target 40000-38000)...but the big boys haven't started selling yet so up and down between 45000 and 47000 is the order of the day!Short term looks like we are heading back up towards the middle weekly bb around 47000ish into Aug, watch for the piercing of the 5H bb before shorting!

And yes, Garth knows his stuff, not like Roffey that is a comedy show! :lol:

A

Breadth is very weak and indicates the health of the market, so if not consolidation then distribution!(top building)

A

Attached Files

#7970 cypher

cypher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

And the Oscar goes to... :wub:

Eat like an elephant, **** like a bird

#7971 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Thanks B but I'm also still learning and each artist here (maybe you don't know it yet but yes, trading is an art) has something to give!Blytz/davidp13 made an awesome sitting tight trade the other day, Denrandgroup called the big drop in May and V with his elliott wave counts, Django with his moving day average crosses and ***** with his 1min timeframe calls!

Most important thing is you need to understand why the market is doing what it is doing, making patterns (elliot wave counts) over certain periods (seasonals) and resulting in a push higher or correction down...then comes TA as well!

Longter term it is still my view we are busy with a huge top formation (Primary IV) that is going to break down around September/October (target 40000-38000)...but the big boys haven't started selling yet so up and down between 45000 and 47000 is the order of the day!Short term looks like we are heading back up towards the middle weekly bb around 47000ish into Aug, watch for the piercing of the 5H bb before shorting!

A

And gannet with this cycle dates... ;)

A

#7972 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Newbies

Courses you asked (maybe go to Garth Mackenzie and see/listen what he has to say, IG??). BUT nothing will beat YOUR tested system that YOU created for yourself

IF you listen to someone, Argento is the one to listen to. And A. thanks for the support and kind words

Regards B.

A

Edited by Argento, 31 July 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#7973 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

dude there is a reason for it, well a couple of reasons

like i stated the other day, this used to be a great place then moron V piped up again

two people really fu^&ed up this thread V and Z, personally I hope they both move on

and wanker V, if you best comment now is I'm a H disciple you need to start getting a better line!!!

it pains me that i cannot use this place to learn anymore!!! 

Thats a nicely polished HDB trumpet you wearing today

Can you play any psychotic stuff on it

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#7974 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Forgot one guy. Simon Brown of JOL (Just One Lap)

On his thread all is free. Download what you need and check it out

#7975 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Read the attached - BEING PATIENT!!!!

Thanks Argento & Bandido for your time and advise, look forward to your future posts.

#7976 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

It takes years to understand the market and be profitable....not to be negative but agree with B, study and papertrade first, trading the ALSI is another thing and I only quote what the legend of all traders said...."trying to catch the daily fluctuations was fatal to me"!

Big money lies in the big swings..I am still of the view scalping will just cause you pain and frustration!

READ THE ATTACHED REALLY GOOD!!!!

A

Great snippet A...

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#7977 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Forgot to mention (*****) ex Delta :)

thks for your kind words Bandido

#7978 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

Forgot to mention (*****) ex Delta :)

#7979 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

@ Argento, thank you for the advise, will read it.

#7980 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Newbies

Courses you asked (maybe go to Garth Mackenzie and see/listen what he has to say, IG??). BUT nothing will beat YOUR tested system that YOU created for yourself

IF you listen to someone, Argento is the one to listen to. And A. thanks for the support and kind words

Regards B.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting