• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#11521 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

I don't post often but I often pop in to see what's happening. I've never posted a chart but I'll try then try make a call, Attached File  ImageUploadedBySharenet Sharechat1422010253.934820.jpg   77.54KB   21 downloads Brent oil just had monthly bear cross $40 will happen

#11522 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

Interesting turn-of-events today, reading the IG 1d chart.

Daily candle touched UBBand (44137 IG) and turned red the same day (today). Historical patterns would dictate this implies a turning of the momentum, i.e. breaking down, with the first (improbable) resistance being at +- 433## (IG), then a drop to 43000 then if that does not hold, the ride down to the LBBand (currently set at 419## (IG)).

But one could argue IG charts are broken by design and funny Europoly money might alter the new trend. My take: is a fairly optimistic short if today does not close above 40900-41000.

One of 2 or more things L. Either your scenario, or a retrace of 23% as current or to the next Fib level of 38%. If that breaks then higher p of breaking MA and going down. Let's see.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#11523 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

Jabberwock !

Gruffalo?

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#11524 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Interesting turn-of-events today, reading the IG 1d chart.

Daily candle touched UBBand (44137 IG) and turned red the same day (today). Historical patterns would dictate this implies a turning of the momentum, i.e. breaking down, with the first (improbable) resistance being at +- 433## (IG), then a drop to 43000 then if that does not hold, the ride down to the LBBand (currently set at 419## (IG)).

But one could argue IG charts are broken by design and funny Europoly money might alter the new trend. My take: is a fairly optimistic short if today does not close above 40900-41000. 

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#11525 Kallie

Kallie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Okay nou is uit..ek vat my pie en waai ,en ek lui die klok...

#11526 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Jabberwock !

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#11527 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

??

A

Didnt u get it???

Salt was for the Bulls wounds!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#11528 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

MAYDAY MAYDAY i think we're going down, we' re going down mayday :-)

#11529 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

??

A

:D

#11530 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

low of 43846 on IG for the day!!

??

A

"Never never never give up!"

#11531 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

low of 43846 on IG for the day!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#11532 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hay A...just to run some salt into the wounds, heres my OUV calc target from other forum..

icon-options.png

Post by HDB

this was the worst case scenario target

Edited by HDB, 23 January 2015 - 10:41 AM.

HDB

#11533 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Sorry A, but chances for the market to run to 44300 today is very slim (obviously I am talking my book)

That 5H bullish cross is a concern for the bears...but we will know soon!

With all the European indexes making new highs and US breaking their downtrend too it is looking more bullish.....

TOP40 also above her daily 89 now so if she wants to go down today is the day, if not something else is at play...

Don't fight the charts...and guess the ECB too! :angry:

A

#11534 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Sorry A, but chances for the market to run to 44300 today is very slim (obviously I am talking my book)

Based on?

Let me qualify that a bit - it was there an hour ago, so why not again?

Edited by @sirgrantfleming, 23 January 2015 - 10:24 AM.

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#11535 Kallie

Kallie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

#11536 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

If mr market turns around up again and breaks that 44300 futures level where the major downtrend line is I am out, Aussies broke their downtrend line already and we got a 5H bullish cross so this QE could have ended this correction phase afterall!

If the case I should start looking for golf courses and arrange travel plans for B.... :D

Kudo's to Beorn, Bc and MP if she does!(sorry if I missed any other longs)

But early in the morning still.....

A

#11537 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

hi AJS, Gannet and the other 'Heads' here -
do you mind giving a bit of your knowledge about difference between the USA & EC QE? Affect our T40 same? Does this sudden ZAR strength sign of carry trade or just demand for equity / bond bargains?
Would EC QE (no guarantee there won't be EC QE 2,3etc after current monthly packages!) Thus give increase in carry trade effect into our financial assets and also push up ZAR/euro/ or Pound? Many of us here lack this important basic understanding - thanks if you can make the time to answer

Not a clue! (see my blurb at the bottom)

The little I know is based on my charts.

You might not get an accurate answer in this forum

#11538 Kallie

Kallie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

Accelerator!!!!

#11539 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

hi AJS, Gannet and the other 'Heads' here -
do you mind giving a bit of your knowledge about difference between the USA & EC QE? Affect our T40 same? Does this sudden ZAR strength sign of carry trade or just demand for equity / bond bargains?
Would EC QE (no guarantee there won't be EC QE 2,3etc after current monthly packages!) Thus give increase in carry trade effect into our financial assets and also push up ZAR/euro/ or Pound? Many of us here lack this important basic understanding - thanks if you can make the time to answer

#11540 Kallie

Kallie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

Spot market is really weak, commodities bye bye the buy...lekker strong Rand

Still short and burning, but loving it! 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting