35854 replies to this topic

#11541 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

This is not about being a Bull or a Bear ... being right or wrong ... it's about making money.

I've been long and short this week ... closed out when we were bouncing off support late yesterday

I'm not convinced this rally will stick so I'm out waiting for an opportunity to short. Once we've had a healthy whack I'll be looking at buying the dips into March ... and then we recycle ... and I change hats

#11542 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

Btfd

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#11543 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

So the news was better than I expected, I see the EU running hard, USA not so much and the third world seems to be way down on the back burner, so here is the question will QE in Europe have the same result as QE in the USA for us. Any ideas.

G

Problem with the Beast is that you also battle the USD/ZAR.. So with ZAR strengthening today, the gains were capped..

Will look out for clues tomorrow. This is just a gamble at this stage. With 60BN Eur coming into the system every month, odds favour the bulls..

K

Indeed,watchout for the ZAR strength!

Attached File  ImageUploadedBySharenet Sharechat1421987077.193623.jpg   81.5KB   22 downloads
"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#11544 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

After tonights US performance can there realy be any bears still holding onto the drop washout bullshit or bearshit.A surely you must have cut or hedged your shorts?

IG CASH

#11545 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

So the news was better than I expected, I see the EU running hard, USA not so much and the third world seems to be way down on the back burner, so here is the question will QE in Europe have the same result as QE in the USA for us. Any ideas.

G

Problem with the Beast is that you also battle the USD/ZAR.. So with ZAR strengthening today, the gains were capped..

Will look out for clues tomorrow. This is just a gamble at this stage. With 60BN Eur coming into the system every month, odds favour the bulls..

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#11546 chnkaw001

chnkaw001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

Looking at the exchange rate is that ZAR has strengthen a lot against GBP,USD and EUR at the moment.

US market went a little further up after JSE closed but not much at the moment, so I don't see a spike for tomorrow provided the currency rate.

It feels that the effect was already priced in. I am not really certain but I guess is downward will come. (soon)

#11547 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

G

#11548 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

Especially when 50 day below 200 day on daily....mmmmmm

#11549 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

BTFD we are gonna fly tomorrow US already flying

IG CASH

#11550 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

I hate bearish reversal candles :ph34r:

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#11551 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Jammer manne, hierdie is nog goeie levels so verkoop

Haha ja nee, se hulle oom Kallie!

Lekker reversal candle...die bere kom!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#11552 Kallie

Kallie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Jammer manne, hierdie is nog goeie levels so verkoop

#11553 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Beware the Jabberwock gap, The jaws that bite, the claws that catch

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#11554 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

short signal given at 16:15, entry at 16:20 - 44004

one out for a quick 200p

second is risk free...will sit back and watch..

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#11555 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

ooh.. im befuddled....where to from here :blink:  all that arguing an we back where we were before the announcment

the fact remains, money pouring in for a long long time - this leans a bias toward the upside (imo)

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#11556 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

WB RBM

you've been away for too long

tnx, got to take break from the obsession lol

#11557 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

Feel free to feel befuddled.

Its the only free thing left.

ooh.. im befuddled....where to from here :blink:  all that arguing an we back where we were before the announcment

#11558 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

Feel free to feel befuddled.

Its the only free thing left.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#11559 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

43500 by 18h00

WB RBM

you've been away for too long

#11560 RBM

RBM