• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#13821 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone know what the correlation is between the DOW and S&P500, or how to measure it? I'd like to see if I can figure out what the likelihood is that the DOW will continue making new highs and the S&P reverse from its current levels, any help would be much appreciated, thanks. 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#13822 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

My 2 cents for Monday. 

Of the top 6 on the SA40, for the past 3 days although ANG and BILL have been low, they have not contributed to the down swings in any significant way. CFR is still pointed down. NPN and SAB both have had a recent jump, SAB seems to have settled back into a more predictable slight upswing, NPN will probably still correct down a bit more on Monday, MTN seems to have returned to a steady upswing.

For the first time since the sideways movement started I see signs that the direction is turning north, there have been a few times, 25 July, 8 august, 29 sep, 15 sep, 18 sep have all been higher lows than the 25 july event, shows a slow steady return to an upswing. the breakout everyone is calling for seems to be approaching.

This protracted sideways movement may be coming to an end. 

For Monday I see a direction change to the long side, we are oversold at the moment and from what I see ready to turn north. I bought the dip today and will be long for Monday, this run up might actually go above the current ceiling of 46500.

just my interpretation.

#13823 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

Dude. How about you start by contributing something to this thread that has some substance. A "short/long at xxxx" and profanity doesn't really count for a whole lot. And as ettas mentioned, I really don't feel like scrolling through endless posts full of trolling and profanity. Yes, the forums is for everyone and no single person sets the rules and if I don't like it I don't have to be here, but this is getting distasteful and really quite childish to say the least.

fu2

IG CASH

#13824 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

These pissing contests through name calling and slander is nothing but cowardice when anonymous. Please sort this out through PM's and leave the thread for trading opinions and views pease

**** nut started it with his always know better **** of 50000 but now quiet see where we heading to.Please keep out of this i am fed up with his ****, i am not the first or only one that thinks he is a *******

Dude. How about you start by contributing something to this thread that has some substance. A "short/long at xxxx" and profanity doesn't really count for a whole lot. And as ettas mentioned, I really don't feel like scrolling through endless posts full of trolling and profanity. Yes, the forums is for everyone and no single person sets the rules and if I don't like it I don't have to be here, but this is getting distasteful and really quite childish to say the least.

Concur. BC you must let it go.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#13825 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

These pissing contests through name calling and slander is nothing but cowardice when anonymous. Please sort this out through PM's and leave the thread for trading opinions and views pease

**** nut started it with his always know better **** of 50000 but now quiet see where we heading to.Please keep out of this i am fed up with his ****, i am not the first or only one that thinks he is a *******

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#13826 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

BC whats the target on the *********? Lolz

#13827 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

Monday 46300 then 45800... Hehe

#13828 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Should you have wondered how I can accumulate 19 000 pips and simultaneously loose 26 000 pips. Like this afternoon....giving 300 of the day back plus more because of a defunct conceptual process in my non absent brain. Will have to start again on Monday.<br /><br />

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#13829 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

Bear catcher wave picking up speed

IG CASH

#13830 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

T40 Futures(Daily) nutshell.png

The next wave is the Bear Catcher

Now you coming right just turn the wave around

IG CASH

#13831 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

attachicon.gifT40 Futures(Daily) nutshell.png

If this plays out, I will be converted, and study EW in detail.

But this reversal candle tells me she has business to the down side.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#13832 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

A bit more down on Monday and then she should start marching north with a bang, this market is scary now and IMO this consolidation since June is going to explode up!(Sideways movements is more bullish than bearish)

Had a bad run these past months, time to get back in the game!! B)  

A

I think this thing may complete a turn during the US session tonight, we are in oversold territory now.

G

#13833 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13834 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Trading the final minor 3rd is not for feint hearted.

Indicators will show insufficient volume and will mislead.

They will fake you out.

Its not just Elliott followers that need confidence.

Now the market moves on uncertainty but fakes you out.

No one can believe the breakout and they ain't seen nuttin yet.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13835 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

And out at 46610. I knew they'd come back for us; professionals never close at a loss.

Long @ 46610. Target 47040.

I am however not entirely happy with this entry. We're supposed to hit 46485 before going up, so I'll add on Monday if we do get there.

Happy trading.

well played!

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#13836 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

seems to me the gap up on the S&P has been closed (jumped to 2020 from yesterdays 2012, and back to 2012 again now - lets see if its back test from an already high or false breakout to retest say 2004 and hit first bear test if it takes that support out

Edited by OceanWalz, 19 September 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#13837 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

IG CASH

#13838 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

And out at 46610. I knew they'd come back for us; professionals never close at a loss.

Long @ 46610. Target 47040.

I am however not entirely happy with this entry. We're supposed to hit 46485 before going up, so I'll add on Monday if we do get there.

Happy trading.

nice trade!

#13839 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

It really is 300 points bagged on last night shorts and 40 points on the long from this am just a pitty i did not go short at 46500 as i should have but your wavey story and long shots do somehow make me uncertain. Well i hope you sitting with some longs higher up to have a magic weekend **** nut

These pissing contests through name calling and slander is nothing but cowardice when anonymous. Please sort this out through PM's and leave the thread for trading opinions and views please

#13840 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

Its magic, its just magic

It really is 300 points bagged on last night shorts and 40 points on the long from this am just a pitty i did not go short at 46500 as i should have but your wavey story and long shots do somehow make me uncertain. Well i hope you sitting with some longs higher up to have a magic weekend **** nut

IG CASH

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting