35854 replies to this topic

#13921 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

Out of my longs, see my UBS friends saying SPX going back to 1905 in October!

This choppy action only frustrating and eating into your account!

Might still see a push up but as Mhlato asaid, rallies will be sold!

This QE 3 ending surely going to have an impact, can already see it!

A

Argento, between your UBS friends and Caldaro, who are you going to listen to? 

I think Caldaro is right US markets should be in wave 3 and i foresee Bears running for cover big time with 84% being short on DOW on IG that is and when those Bears turn into Bulls it is really going to be fun if you are long that is and very painful if you are short. That is my opinion 

Edited by BlythZ, 19 September 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#13922 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

Caldaro now agrees with my count. All in time is here.

Wave 3 you beauty.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13923 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

My instincts are telling me to go long, my charts are telling me to go short, i guess this means my strategy will tell me to sit out. ****

#13924 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Filled.

Short @ 46610. Provisional target 46485. If we don't get there this afternoon then target will be revised tomorrow.

Happy trading.

Roundtree, i am like you when it comes to shorting, i really don't feel comfortable. I took a speculative short yesterday and after seeing what the US markets were doing and the GBP/ZAR i decided to cut my losses and closed the trade late last night and decided to take a long this morning. 

Did you close your short or you will hold till it is back in profit? 

#13925 Dallas

Dallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

Kudus to those who went long! I was long from 45 793 but unfortunately I closed it prematurely! Did not expect to see the rising tree candle stick on the dailies this soon.

Don't understand why if the market suddenly turns big time against you that you need to to attack the people that went the opposite direction and are in the money? Learn from your mistakes and respect the opinions of the other people on this forum. Some play the big moves and some play the day to day moves.... See the American Fed is planning to end stimulus in October.... this will bring some interesting trading times!

#13926 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

$11/ZAR..stopped out of shorts last night, seat-belt fastened, longs in place.

good luck all

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#13927 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

This is every other guy as of lately...

attachicon.giffunny.jpg

haha, I like that one!

#13928 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Ooooo mr Trump in the house!

Billionaire talking people, you better listen.

This man trades without margin.
So putting up hundreds of thousands a trade for each contract.

Really V?

That what you resorting to?

I have so much money!!!!!!

ps. My math works fine thanks.

Tell me again where you went long?

Another gap, this time your knowledge.

Margin be a % of the trade effect. Futures 101.

Sure thing no interest, just a capital tie up.

Leverage still exists.

Why you so touchy and yet so unaware?

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13929 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

Beorn,

let it be. V gives his opinion with motivation of such. i see no need to know the colour of his panties...

Life is for living...

#13930 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

Do the math, if I am wrong, I will apologize.

Maybe you should check what I posted and you do the math. You now owning this.
PS: I trade direct and I do not borrow for margin.

Ooooo mr Trump in the house!

Billionaire talking people, you better listen.

This man trades without margin.
So putting up hundreds of thousands a trade for each contract.

Really V?

That what you resorting to?

I have so much money!!!!!!

ps. My math works fine thanks.

Tell me again where you went long?

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#13931 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

Maybe you should check what I posted and you do the math. You now owning this.

PS: I trade direct and I do not borrow for margin.

#13932 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

nothing substantial to add  :(

listening to Bob Seger - Against the wind.

following ANYBODY is a good way to lose your wad?

Life is for living...

#13933 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

BearCatcher that 46400-46800 mark i mentioned earlier going to come through nicely:)

#13934 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Go back on the thread, have a look at my trades, I'm in a lot better position than I would have been if I went long when he called it. (I post my trades immediately after I trade, you can check it against Alsi historic prices and the time stamp of my trades.)

I'm not saying I'm a better trader, but If I am not mistaken, he is now probably only close to level on this long trade of his? (Am I correct V?)

Remember, the Alsi had a roll over, so you will have to take his entry and subtract the interest that is part of the new Dec Alsi, then you will see if he is up or not.

Not following anyones trades, no need.
Just offering another view, maybe filling a serious gap here.
Talking about gaps - never saw a mention until I raised the subject.
So much fake, rattle & droll and so much missing.
Incessant short calling in a mega bull, something weird on a thread thats has buckets of newby juice thrown at it.
Then the control freak stalks.
Gaps are untidy, maybe cleaning is my fetish.

You still on about gaps? I cant believe it.
And if you think anyone trying to influence a market will do it on here, you must think there are billionaires on this forum?

Anyway, there are lots of gaps still open below 30 000.
Best to go short then hey V?

Anyway, I was not taking you on in my previous posts, just stating a matter of fact.

Alsi future

#13935 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

on 15/30min window..short 46250(cash)stop 46350..target 100p

might be wrong but then again could be right :lol:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#13936 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Go back on the thread, have a look at my trades, I'm in a lot better position than I would have been if I went long when he called it. (I post my trades immediately after I trade, you can check it against Alsi historic prices and the time stamp of my trades.) 

I'm not saying I'm a better trader, but If I am not mistaken, he is now probably only close to level on this long trade of his? (Am I correct V?)

Remember, the Alsi had a roll over, so you will have to take his entry and subtract the interest that is part of the new Dec Alsi, then you will see if he is up or not.

Not following anyones trades, no need.

Just offering another view, maybe filling a serious gap here.

Talking about gaps - never saw a mention until I raised the subject.

So much fake, rattle & droll and so much missing.

Incessant short calling in a mega bull, something weird on a thread thats has buckets of newby juice thrown at it.

Then the control freak stalks.

Gaps are untidy, maybe cleaning is my fetish.

#13937 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

As for today's jump, imo it was caused by Naspers (as AJS stated).

And the ZAR tanking, thanks to the speech by tannie Gill Markus. and keeping int rate as is.

Inflation is a problem, and going to become a bigger one, and the only tool MPC has, is increasing rates, but they cant do that, because SA consumer is to weak.

Not a very rosy picture.

Alsi future

#13938 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

This is every other guy as of lately...

Attached File  funny.jpg   76.59KB   47 downloads

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#13939 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

BEOM i agree but must say V has kept on saying we will first go higher and then the big drop so if buying the drop from the bottom dip it would be very profitable.Now its a matter of timeing the turn,i feel this Bull is on its last legs and as i said i am not gonna get caught With a long again because i think i will not be so lucky again to get out of it, let alone with a profit. IMO risk reward better on build on shorts from now on.What your view Beom and A

Granted, but you would have had to go through a lot of pain in the process, I had a 1000pip short trade while he was still calling it higher.

I think something is getting lost in translation.

Yes he was correct in calling higher through EW, but I think his entry was around 46300 ish?

There was a lot better entries then that, this market is always going to go higher eventually, if you bought in 2008 before the crash and kept saying it will go to new highs, you would have been correct also, but the guy riding it down first would have been in a lot better position. (This was just said as illustration).

He could have had a lot better entry @ +- 45700 a couple of days ago.

I will not become a EW theorist, just to many ways to get excuses for a wave that is not in place as called. But to each his own.

My strategy works well enough for me.

O yes, I am going to look for a long entry tomorrow, I think we are going to new highs, regardless of what leading markets do, internationals are going to start cycling back into equity on our top 40.

I will look at the price action for where I want to exit. I might even start scalping again while we are going up.

But this is just my opinion though.

Alsi future

#13940 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

BEOM i agree but must say V has kept on saying we will first go higher and then the big drop so if buying the drop from the bottom dip it would be very profitable.Now its a matter of timeing the turn,i feel this Bull is on its last legs and as i said i am not gonna get caught With a long again because i think i will not be so lucky again to get out of it, let alone with a profit. IMO risk reward better on build on shorts from now on.What your view Beom and A

IG CASH

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting