#13941 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

You may defo be so bold....

but if I may be so bold for a second..

Of ALL the opinions on this thread, Vertebrae has by far been the most informed, most accurate and defo most enlightened of all. So I have no problem asking him for his opinion on the stance of the market. 

Maybe you should use a bit of his guidance looking back a few hours...IMO

Go back on the thread, have a look at my trades, I'm in a lot better position than I would have been if I went long when he called it. (I post my trades immediately after I trade, you can check it against Alsi historic prices and the time stamp of my trades.) 

I'm not saying I'm a better trader, but If I am not mistaken, he is now probably only close to level on this long trade of his? (Am I correct V?)

Remember, the Alsi had a roll over, so you will have to take his entry and subtract the interest that is part of the new Dec Alsi, then you will see if he is up or not.

Do the math, if I am wrong, I will apologize.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#13942 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

Short 46250 New rule do opposite of what the most guys expect,will build on short as we go up.US is due for some profit taking and QE to end,EM markets gonna realize money is on a end and the bam bam bears are back and wave wave to Elliot etc

IG CASH

#13943 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Out all longs first short 46235

IG CASH

#13944 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

Bey Bey Bull,

It was good to know you.

Smile bears, I think our time has come.

If I may be so bold,

Dont base your trading on someone else, use them for guidance etc, but basing your trades on another leads down a nasty path. IMO

You may defo be so bold....

but if I may be so bold for a second..

Of ALL the opinions on this thread, Vertebrae has by far been the most informed, most accurate and defo most enlightened of all. So I have no problem asking him for his opinion on the stance of the market. 

Maybe you should use a bit of his guidance looking back a few hours...IMO

#13945 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

Just keep preaching the truth V....and let me know asap please when you think we have hopped & Skipped to catch up with US to end Intermediate V and starting that correction of primary 4!!

PS. I have no problem being Samwise Gamgee to frodo in carrying this burden of Elliot :D  :D  :D  :D

If I may be so bold,

Dont base your trading on someone else, use them for guidance etc, but basing your trades on another leads down a nasty path. IMO

Alsi future

#13946 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

PS. I have no problem being Samwise Gamgee to frodo in carrying this burden of Elliot :D  :D  :D  :D

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Very good Sam !!!

Alsi future

#13947 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

We got the Lord of the Rings (Elliott theory) - no contest B)

Just keep preaching the truth V....and let me know asap please when you think we have hopped & Skipped to catch up with US to end Intermediate V and starting that correction of primary 4!!

#13948 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

You could have had a much better entry.

I took a small knock on this last short, but my last 3 trades made close on 1000 pips each per contract, both ways, which you missed, due to sticking to your long. (EW)

I will now also look for a long entry. but will not marry it due to EW. 

Alsi future

#13949 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

We got Alibaba, and FTSE brake Scots will be ours too, who you got?

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13950 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

I've seen this before.

For the Alsi's next trick, continuing higher (new highs) while leading markets drop. We have some catch-up to do.

I am biding my time to go short. For now I will trade the bull again, just going to build up ammo to short this sickly bull.

Going to look for a long entry tomorrow, and my target will be,,,,, I have no idea.

Alsi future

#13951 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

UBS raised to buy from neutral.

Thanks AJS, that explains the huge jump. 

#13952 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Somebody lit a fire under naspers this pm @ R1328 up about R50

UBS raised to buy from neutral.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#13953 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

After hours action, waiting for the MMs to take out those weak longs

#13954 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

My thinking was that the rand would weaken to the pound after the scotts referendum. But the rand already got smacked today. So where does the rand go tomorrow?

If there is a no vote, which I think there will be the pound will definately strengthen

#13955 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

My thinking was that the rand would weaken to the pound after the scotts referendum. But the rand already got smacked today. So where does the rand go tomorrow?

#13956 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

5pm wave come already at kick this Bull back to its kraal 

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#13957 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

5pm wave come already at kick this Bull back to its kraal 

#13958 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

Somebody lit a fire under naspers this pm @ R1328 up about R50

Make that up R73.99

#13959 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

do you have a stop loss?

No brother. I don't use a stop.

Happy trading.

Happy trading!

#13960 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

must say I find it worrying that although SP500 testing highs (with view to breakout) it is only 39% of stocks are trading above their 40 dma ( more or less waht AJS's graph shows) - normally if smaller caps can join in trend its becomes positve forward and  today I see their RUT at last  green so positive and VIX down 4% today - their 'Antie' was a slgithly nicer to them than our 'Antie' at the reserve - and Scots , esp being older median age than brits will probably vote NO so as to ensure smooth pension plan delivery and not rock the boat. so all that is positve I'd say

So it with SPX almost at ATH it is fork time to go bull or Bear. .. and Bulls seem to be winning for now - and tomorrow if SPX can close at least above 2009 and Asia show green then I will expect Short covering to carry us to our ATHs - if not then bear suit on

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting