• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#14041 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

The way Vertebrae talks might not be everyone's cup of soup, but I will stand up for him in terms of what this forum is about.

He has been very adamant and forthright about his position that the market is going to form the 3rd leg up for the intermediate fifth wave which is in line with Caldaro in terms of us having to catch up with the US. That has not only helped me but even a seasoned pro like Argento has recently asked for his opinion which earned a hell of a lot respect from me!!

What this forum is defo not about is for ignorant statements and small talk like it's a teenage chat group. and let me be clear, this last part is aimed at theSource which suddenly appears and talks about 50mil but don't even know what a close-out is but wants to make money like its a game. Not only do you sound like an idiot but you are disrespecting every serious trader on this forum who has been in the game for a long time. Know your place boy

and PS

all those people that "just play"  the piano well or paints well has done it for years...10 000 hours rule

Definitely not about small talk? small talk like buying islands and helipads, okay that's fine. To me money is a game yes, and I love it. I don't think I have disrespected anyone here, if you feel that I offended you then I apologize, I actually have respect and admiration for most of the people in here who's already helped me understand lots of things I didn't know about, and those who instead of calling me an idiot, gave me valuable information. No one has told me I disrespected them, or even offended them in any way. Out of respect for the real hustlers in here I'll refrain from replying to such unnecessary comments in the future. And thank you to all the people who's been kind and forthcoming, I appreciate it. To you - have a nice day. And sorry once again if I offended you.

Happy trading.  :)

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14042 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

You are amazing in your predictability, it is like ringing a bell, pull the cord and you get a ding. every time a new users come on and ask questions you get your panties in a bunch. if you disagree with any of the advise given I suggest you offer some of your wisdom, and not in the form of the quatrains you think are so clever. 

I can just imagine you in front of the PC jumping up and down stamping your little foot, so I have to ask, is the problem that advise is given out freely?, Is it that someone may be doing better than you. Wait I have an idea, why don't you go out and start your own group, then you can be the god you think you are and get the respect and honour due to your excellency the trader of note.

One thing that has occurred to me is that if you were the trader you seem to think you are why is it that you still have a day job, surly a trader with your expertise and great prowess should be trading for his own account, and not be working for IG. Or is it that your deep insights and big words are acquired by reading the big word section of the readers digest.

If anyone on this group is full of #$%^, it would be the little man shouting from the top of the mountain that does not have the balls to actually trust in his judgement and trade for a living. 

So lets see if you can answer this in another 4 line quatrain, show us all your deep meaningful insight, I dare you. 

G

Everybody here seems helpful to me, except one. But naturally you can't expect everyone to be friendly just because we all trade, people are different, where one person might be glad to see all the comments and try to learn something from the next person, someone else might be irritated and only be concerned with talks about the nitty gritty. 

I am new yes, I only know about HFT because I watched a few documentaries about it, it seemed interesting and so I did a little research, I don't know what futures close-out is because I never planned to trade futures, I was only interested in stocks, I heard about it before but didn't deem it necessary to study it since my focus was on stocks, but seeing as I'm now trading futures, I asked what it is, so I could have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with. :unsure:  

The way Vertebrae talks might not be everyone's cup of soup, but I will stand up for him in terms of what this forum is about.

He has been very adamant and forthright about his position that the market is going to form the 3rd leg up for the intermediate fifth wave which is in line with Caldaro in terms of us having to catch up with the US. That has not only helped me but even a seasoned pro like Argento has recently asked for his opinion which earned a hell of a lot respect from me!!

What this forum is defo not about is for ignorant statements and small talk like it's a teenage chat group. and let me be clear, this last part is aimed at theSource which suddenly appears and talks about 50mil but don't even know what a close-out is but wants to make money like its a game. Not only do you sound like an idiot but you are disrespecting every serious trader on this forum who has been in the game for a long time. Know your place boy

and PS

all those people that "just play"  the piano well or paints well has done it for years...10 000 hours rule

#14043 Dallas

Dallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Small consolidation band roughly between 46180 and 45600. Thus before I don't see a strong break of 46200 I am not to bullish yet... If it breaks, my target will be about 46 600.

#14044 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

So, you are not a novice to trading...just too trading the Alsi

Yep. 

#14045 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Just before I fell asleep. she went the wrong way. I'm long 45984

#14046 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I am new yes, I only know about HFT because I watched a few documentaries about it, it seemed interesting and so I did a little research, I don't know what futures close-out is because I never planned to trade futures, I was only interested in stocks, I heard about it before but didn't deem it necessary to study it since my focus was on stocks, but seeing as I'm now trading futures, I asked what it is, so I could have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with. :unsure:  

So, you are not a novice to trading...just too trading the Alsi?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14047 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

Express delayed hopefully not derailed

Ye, maybe the traders are waiting for futures close-out to finish first before lock and loading!

But I'm very bullish...never sell a dull market!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#14048 Dallas

Dallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

My target for now is 45830, but I am not short now and I have no deals open... But I do feel that there is going to be an interest rate hike, which will take our banks down a bid and this could also take the alsi down but not that much....

#14049 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

I have to ask you something....and please do not see this as a attack on you? 

When you first start posting on this thread you let us (me anyway) believe that you are new to trading.

What puzzles me is that you do know what HFT trading is, but you do not know what a close-out is?

#14050 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

When you first start posting on this thread you let us (me anyway) believe that you are new to trading.

What puzzles me is that you do know what HFT trading is, but you do not know what a close-out is?

LMFAO

#14051 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Also picked up on that...  :huh:

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#14052 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

Express delayed hopefully not derailed

IG CASH

#14053 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I also mostly follow the charts, and usually I find that the news confirms the charts, I only use the news to add validity to the signals I see on the chart. 

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14054 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

News doesn’t drive the market, the market drives the news. The news media merely observe what happens in the market and then create a story in an attempt to provide an explanation. Why does there have to be an explanation? That’s why we just follow the tape.

I also mostly follow the charts, and usually I find that the news confirms the charts, I only use the news to add validity to the signals I see on the chart. 

#14055 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

News doesn’t drive the market, the market drives the news. The news media merely observe what happens in the market and then create a story in an attempt to provide an explanation. Why does there have to be an explanation? That’s why we just follow the tape.

#14056 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

hi

The chart is also my main indicator, once I have a direction that I think it will go I use the news as a kind of conformation. I must say that the news does not make that much of a difference but it will sometimes offer a sort of reason something is happening, the news however does not generally make big movements in my opinion.

As an example: the JSE and FTSE are not making any form of big moves today, for the FTSE I think that may have quite a lot to do with the VOTE tomorrow, tonight the US has some information coming out and china is making moves to stimulate the economy a bit, the JSE is direction less at the moment but all of that indicates that it may just be nervousness, so based on that I went long today with a very small contract and a short stop, the stop was blown out at 100 points bellow buy point and now waiting for the next entry point, I expect that that will be when US opens, as I played the long market I did not then suddenly play the short market, I am sitting out for now.

We will see if the news has any effect on the eastern markets tonight as that may get us moving in the up direction if HK swings out of the down turn tonight. The news is not everything and I just use it to add to the information I have, also use company fundamentals of the 10 top companies in the sa40.

So to cut through it, the chart tells me what direction, the news and fundamentals tell me how big to place the bet. All a bit of a throwback of trading CFDs where news played a bigger part.

hope this explained why I do it.

G  

Thanks, G. That's all I needed to know. I probably should give it a try; but if I incur any losses, that'll be to your account! And you can forget about your island!

Happy trading, brother.

Happy trading!

#14057 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

G,

If I may ask, brother, how do you "trade the news"? I see you're talking about the EU CPI, does that in any way, shape or form inform your trades? I'm asking this because I personally don't pay any attention to news, I trade purely what's on my chart. I was just wondering how you incorporate news and economic data into your trading system, especially with "good news is bad/good news" and "bad news is good/bad news".

I'm looking forward to your response. And by the way, thank you for your posts, brother.

Happy trading.

hi

The chart is also my main indicator, once I have a direction that I think it will go I use the news as a kind of conformation. I must say that the news does not make that much of a difference but it will sometimes offer a sort of reason something is happening, the news however does not generally make big movements in my opinion.

As an example: the JSE and FTSE are not making any form of big moves today, for the FTSE I think that may have quite a lot to do with the VOTE tomorrow, tonight the US has some information coming out and china is making moves to stimulate the economy a bit, the JSE is direction less at the moment but all of that indicates that it may just be nervousness, so based on that I went long today with a very small contract and a short stop, the stop was blown out at 100 points bellow buy point and now waiting for the next entry point, I expect that that will be when US opens, as I played the long market I did not then suddenly play the short market, I am sitting out for now.

We will see if the news has any effect on the eastern markets tonight as that may get us moving in the up direction if HK swings out of the down turn tonight. The news is not everything and I just use it to add to the information I have, also use company fundamentals of the 10 top companies in the sa40.

So to cut through it, the chart tells me what direction, the news and fundamentals tell me how big to place the bet. All a bit of a throwback of trading CFDs where news played a bigger part.

G

Nice explanation

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#14058 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

hi

G  

Yes, That says it all. Seems to be well balanced view.

#14059 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

G,

If I may ask, brother, how do you "trade the news"? I see you're talking about the EU CPI, does that in any way, shape or form inform your trades? I'm asking this because I personally don't pay any attention to news, I trade purely what's on my chart. I was just wondering how you incorporate news and economic data into your trading system, especially with "good news is bad/good news" and "bad news is good/bad news".

I'm looking forward to your response. And by the way, thank you for your posts, brother.

Happy trading.

hi

G  

#14060 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

G,

Happy trading.

My Sentiments exactly.

I only judge / predict / anticipate volatility in the markets when it comes to news events like tonight FED announcement. I don't even try to decide / determine direction.

Edited by Casenova, 17 September 2014 - 01:00 PM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting