• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#14341 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Source you must understand that some peoples opinions on this forum are worth more than others. Mine is not worth much but I'm getting there. My take is that the markets are in a nervous holding phase before the next fed statements. When there is no real direction then it seems to be a big game between bulls and bears. US could take us either way depending on who wins. Saying that the new russian sanctions might give the bears the upper hand.

I appreciate all the comments, the more we discuss these topics, the more we learn. Even the masters in here don't know everything there is to know, its a an ongoing journey and we're all travelling the same path, just at different points. 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14342 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Eish, I have a few thoughts, this is definitely not a bull or bear market, bears were weak this week relative to last fridays close in pushing down the entire week this week, I wont be surprised if we get a full on weekly reversal candle in the last few hours

Also indicators are all starting to look up starting with the short time frames creating them on the long ones too

#14343 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

straight line up from here :D

not convinced 

#14344 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

Nice up move think Argento just added some shorts.Just kidding A what is you view for friday pm upmove?

Eish, I have a few thoughts, this is definitely not a bull or bear market, bears were weak this week relative to last fridays close in pushing down the entire week this week, I wont be surprised if we get a full on weekly reversal candle in the last few hours

Edited by RBM, 12 September 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#14345 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

Going to break 45900 in time now!!!

straight line up from here :D

#14346 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Going up for DIVI...in the making of a strong up trend to collect the DIVI too

Nice up move think Argento just added some shorts.Just kidding A what is you view for friday pm upmove?

IG CASH

#14347 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Going to break 45900 in time now!!!

#14348 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Source you must understand that some peoples opinions on this forum are worth more than others. Mine is not worth much but I'm getting there. My take is that the markets are in a nervous holding phase before the next fed statements. When there is no real direction then it seems to be a big game between bulls and bears. US could take us either way depending on who wins. Saying that the new russian sanctions might give the bears the upper hand.

#14349 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Going up for DIVI...in the making of a strong up trend to collect the DIVI too

#14350 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

SOL, apparently, offers risk at this stage. Highly under provided on the incentive scheme and HUGE capital expenditure in the USA coming up. Local projects running on shoestrings.

BUTT, let the charts/price show the way  :)

Agreed, price action rules..whatever the wise guys does, will show up in the chart's

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14351 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

Doing the same, except i added SOL to the mix.(See chart)

SOL, apparently, offers risk at this stage. Highly under provided on the incentive scheme and HUGE capital expenditure in the USA coming up. Local projects running on shoestrings.

BUTT, let the charts/price show the way  :)

Life is for living...

#14352 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

My opinion right now is if 45800 holds we could rally a little. If it doesn't then this afternoon could get nasty.

if it stays around these levels what do you think it'll do when US markets open? What effect will it have? 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14353 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

My opinion right now is if 45800 holds we could rally a little. If it doesn't then this afternoon could get nasty.

#14354 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

OOPS!!

Attached Files

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14355 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Market maker taking out stops what BS

#14356 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

this thing may be turning. 

using the top 6 of the SA40 as a temperature gauge, Anglo and BILL are both trying very hard to turn up after a long down trend. CFR and NPN still pointed down. 

SAB seems to be gaining traction again, MTN is pointed down. all of this could show improvements for Monday, I don't see fireworks for today but should end the day in the green, the US may offer a higher run overnight. so 3 out of 6 starting to show signs of life. 

the turn is very slow so it may drop back again as it still has not hit any real support yet.

I still think there is another 2 weeks of sideways movement before a breakout.

still not committing to Longs yet.

#14357 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Okay thanks, I had a look at my charts now and saw the sideways move yes. But that was on a daily, on a 1min chart to me it seems like it doesn't matter if the market moves up down or sideways, those little intraday swings are what matter, if you day trade, that's kinda my idea. 

The market is a guaranteed  source of income if you play the market long enough, so if you bought stock in 2000 and held onto them you would be in the money big time even with the big crashes in between, but you don't have access to the money while it is in the market, playing the market on shorter time frames lets you make money and draw it out faster but it is 10 times the work and 10 times the risk. The risk increase the shorter you play the game, so day trading is very high risk. most of the players on this group will play day, or possibly a 5 day trade but not much more than that. The longer the trade he more chance of a win BUT you need to be able to determine the direction accurately.

For Autotrading the same problems persist, and having a high set of winning trades percentage wise does not guarantee making any money, You could have a 100 percent hit rate and only make R10 for the month. You need to work out how to automate a trade that will earn money and be worth the risk, that may only be 40 or 50 percent of the trades, if you stop loss is correct and your formula is good that will still make you money BUT if the market changes direction and you don't see it you could lose the lot in less than a week.

This is not that simple if it was we would all be doing it. Some FX trades have good results with this but the trades are generally confined to strict rules and usually for very short periods of time. Like 5 minutes for the trade.

You are on a very steep learning curve, don't be to hasty and learn all you can, go to PROREALTIME  and look for the video section it will teach you most of what you need to know regarding back testing and so on. check out some of the sights and groups in Germany for half way decent auto trading scripts, you will have to get around the German bit, but some posts are in English and you will be able to get around most of the language problems. 

Try this site to start with for scripts.  http://www.aktienboa...rung-t94783/212 this page has a couple of good scripts for Forex trading, you could change it a bit for index type trading. 

G

#14358 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Wow Plasma

With all that talk you must be coining it. (all those euros and pound symbols :lol:)

Anyway thanks all. See you in a week. Off to the Mother City

Happy trading

Hmm ja...started of nicely ...was 174 pips up.....then got over confident in my bias for the day and got klapped big time ....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#14359 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

this thing may be turning. 

using the top 6 of the SA40 as a temperature gauge, Anglo and BILL are both trying very hard to turn up after a long down trend. CFR and NPN still pointed down. 

SAB seems to be gaining traction again, MTN is pointed down. all of this could show improvements for Monday, I don't see fireworks for today but should end the day in the green, the US may offer a higher run overnight. so 3 out of 6 starting to show signs of life. 

the turn is very slow so it may drop back again as it still has not hit any real support yet.

I still think there is another 2 weeks of sideways movement before a breakout.

still not committing to Longs yet.

#14360 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Wow Plasma

With all that talk you must be coining it.  (all those euros and pound symbols  :lol:)

Anyway thanks all. See you in a week. Off to the Mother City

Happy trading

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting