#14381 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

R/$ strikes 11 again. Soon be lunch time.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14382 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

hope you have a good bank balance you are going to need it. first what program you using and second the killer is the spread. the problems come in with what you don't see in the charts, the line cross is not always one event and can be 30 events in a very short space of time, depending on when you buy the share, in trading hours or after hours you can loose big time and very fast. 

what you are looking for is exceptionally difficult to get right, the market also causes problems, one system works well in bull and not in bear, and a sideways market just wipes you out no matter what system you play. a better strategy is to try and refine the process so that you have far less trades but each trade you do take has a better chance to deliver a profit.

so with the line cross what is MACD doing, where is the RSI and what is the overall trend, all that and you will still only get 70 percent to convert to cash.

the bottom line is this is definitely not simple and also not something you want try with real money until you are quite sure your system works.

Hi Hi, thanks for the advice, I kinda understand what you're saying, its just an idea I have to try and set up a system that totally takes emotion out of the equation and keep it as simple as possible, and I won't use it on my live account until I've tested it and tested it and tested it, its just an idea, and failure isn't bad, its an opportunity to learn and grow, here's a lot of smart people in here, I'm sure if we put our heads together we can come up with something, I was also thinking of maybe including the MACD in the parameters later on, to refine it a bit further, and also the ADX (once I've studied it a bit) to react to different markets, trending and sideways. 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14383 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply, I trade the alsi T40 futures on a 1 minute chart, I do get whipsawed a bit, but what I found is that those whips cancel each other out, and I only want to start off with this basic plan and then refine it as I get better, the whips are not that wide too, maybe 40 or so ticks. The platform I trade with is called Terminal Velocity. I wanted to attach a picture of it for you but I don't know how to post pics here.

hi...if i may ask, what percentage draw-down do you allow per trade? are you wanting something built on a HFT system? :)  

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#14384 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Was in malmesbury. I am not full time trader. Made good pips via mobile on break down and now long fron 45835 average. Gonna hold for while

Sent from my SM-P601 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14385 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

What software are you using?

Trading with Terminal Velocity from Afrifocus Securities. 

#14386 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

so you read up a bit? good!

anything under 15mins on that will get you whipsawed - seems profitable on the longer time-frames. on the indexes is better, only works on select (generally trending) individual stocks. can't help with automation, maybe others here can?

wanna try it and report back?

Hi, thanks for the reply, I trade the alsi T40 futures on a 1 minute chart, I do get whipsawed a bit, but what I found is that those whips cancel each other out, and I only want to start off with this basic plan and then refine it as I get better, the whips are not that wide too, maybe 40 or so ticks. The platform I trade with is called Terminal Velocity. I wanted to attach a picture of it for you but I don't know how to post pics here.

#14387 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

50%

OK but losses don't count.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14388 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

What commission will you give?

50%

#14389 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ok the gap below from today has been closed can we now please close the gap above? 

What commission will you give?

#14390 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

order long on S1..may buy half 45800(cash)

#14391 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Guess the market didnt like the oscar verdict!

#14392 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Please mind the gap

Ok the gap below from today has been closed can we now please close the gap above? 

#14393 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

What happened to HDB & CP

#14394 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

BearCatcher Target?

For today hopeful for at least 46200 by close today

IG CASH

#14395 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

99pips 45051

#14396 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

anyone short just above resistance R1(46050 cash)? :D

Edited by delta66, 12 September 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#14397 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

Please mind the gap

Which one V? The one above or the one below? 

#14398 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:21 AM

Please mind the gap

#14399 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Bouncing off the 61.8 retracement lvl. Up trend from June 2013(black line) still perfectly intact

Attached Files

#14400 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

BearCatcher Target?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting