RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

I am not sure so I will hold for the day and see as we go along

Low for the day is in IMO and ALSI should end in green

Edited by RBM, 12 September 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#14362 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

RBM what is your target? I think mine is not on today

I am not sure so I will hold for the day and see as we go along

#14363 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

RBM what is your target? I think mine is not on today

IG CASH

#14364 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hi ST

I ran your simulation...

Using R10 per point mini contracts on the 1 min chart and going back three weeks....

You would have had 278 trades (half long and half short)

Win rate 23.02%

With a total loss of.... R65940

Sorry... :o

K

That's interesting, could you instruct me on how to do that please, I'd like to see how to do that so I can fix it up and get that win rate to 73%  ;)

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14365 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

Market is going sideways and has been since middle of June

Okay thanks, I had a look at my charts now and saw the sideways move yes. But that was on a daily, on a 1min chart to me it seems like it doesn't matter if the market moves up down or sideways, those little intraday swings are what matter, if you day trade, that's kinda my idea. 

#14366 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

#%€.<>£|#£€}~£

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#14367 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi, please help me if you can, people have different ideas, maybe when two heads come together they'll create something that's never been done ever, you never know. Before I implement it I'll test it until its consistently profitable. Nothing is impossible. Everything is possible. 

Hi ST

I ran your simulation...

Using R10 per point mini contracts on the 1 min chart and going back three weeks....

You would have had 278 trades (half long and half short)

Win rate 23.02%

With a total loss of.... R65940

Sorry... :o

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#14368 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

Yea I'll do some research on that now. Why do you say that its the best way to trade right now.. ?

Market is going sideways and has been since middle of June

#14369 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

If you want to learn short term scalp trading HDB is the one to follow, and with current market conditions it is the best way to trade at the moment IMO.

Yea I'll do some research on that now. Why do you say that its the best way to trade right now.. ?

#14370 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

I am going to give the bagpipes a rest. Every time I practice the FTSE takes ill.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14371 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thats one of them. He gives discount if you do a bit of marketing for him.

Okay thanks I sent him a message now, will see what happens. Thanks for the info. How do the guys trade the alsi in here, doesn't anyone day trade it? 

#14372 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Is it the HDB CCI Trading System thread? 

If you want to learn short term scalp trading HDB is the one to follow, and with current market conditions it is the best way to trade at the moment IMO.

#14373 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

Thats one of them. He gives discount if you do a bit of marketing for him.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14374 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

I recommend HDB he knows all these types of things but you must post on his thread and sign a contract.

#14375 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hi, please help me if you can, people have different ideas, maybe when two heads come together they'll create something that's never been done ever, you never know. Before I implement it I'll test it until its consistently profitable. Nothing is impossible. Everything is possible. 

I recommend HDB he knows all these types of things but you must post on his thread and sign a contract.

#14376 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

Was in malmesbury. I am not full time trader. Made good pips via mobile on break down and now long fron 45835 average. Gonna hold for while

Sent from my SM-P601 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Out of longs, still downwards. Looking for short entries higher up.

#14377 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

hi...if i may ask, what percentage draw-down do you allow per trade? are you wanting something built on a HFT system? :)  

Hey, I'm a noob here, so I have no idea what you just said. HFT? na, only something that's automatic, I don't like the idea of HFT, not yet, I'll have to study years and years to even attempt anything like that, just something simple, to trade the swings on the intraday, just easy, nothing complexed, once I've played with it for a while then I'll refine it to make it as perfect as possible. By percentage draw-down, do you mean how much cash do I risk per trade? I trade the T40 mini, so I just buy on the crossover and give it about 35 ticks to move.. I'm still testing this number and thinking of ways to get a good system. I've tested the 13/48 crossover on CPI and APN and it seems to work okay, I just want something simple that doesn't require me to sit in front of the PC whole day watching every tick, and the main purpose is to take emotion and objectivity out of the game. It should be able to run on auto-pilot. 

Edited by TheSource187, 12 September 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#14378 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

with a big enough account..anything is possible

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#14379 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

TheSource,

Forget about the warnings; just test your system. That's what any sensible individual would do anyway, isn't it?

All of us were warned not to day trade but we still do it.

Lots of luck with your new venture.

Thanks guy, Fortune favours the bold. 

#14380 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hi TS

I could help you set up a system. Very easy to do given your parameters.. BUT...

Your account will be cleared out.

Crossover systems works very well in a trending market. Lots of moolah.. But in a sideways market you will find multiple crossovers that will lose you money on each leg. I have backtested numerous crossover systems on multiple timeframes and with different parameters, and they ALL lose money in the longer term. NO EXCEPTIONS!

So forget that dream. It does not work. Trust me on this one. Do not say that you were not warned.

K

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting