35854 replies to this topic

#15401 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Believe you me, that's why I get out of it real quick and sometimes to quick when I see it going the wrong way. Will not get caught like that again. For interest sake:

Interest as of today R8303.26- Dividend R5293.50 = R3009.76 , so if it would fall to that level I can get out at 42154

I feel for you mx, that should be really painful

#15402 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Mx I feel for you I had a simular situation end of 2012 lost 72 k but learnt a lesson.Luckily I have made it back.I allso now feel at ease with my short of 46320

IG CASH

#15403 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yikes, you should learn to close a trade if you think you were wrong. Holding onto a short from 42,054 and now we are 4,000 pips higher and you keep holding? If it is SA40 Cash is the interest that you get worth the loss as we go higher? 

Believe you me, that's why I get out of it real quick and sometimes to quick when I see it going the wrong way. Will not get caught like that again. For interest sake:

Interest as of today R8303.26- Dividend R5293.50 = R3009.76 , so if it would fall to that level I can get out at 42154

#15404 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Ok short again 46320

IG CASH

#15405 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

:wacko: Don't talk to me about pain. I still have a short running 42054, and since I have nothing to hide that short and only that one is R128 910.00 in the red. That is painful. Luckily I discovered you guys and now I've got a trading plan.   

Yikes, you should learn to close a trade if you think you were wrong. Holding onto a short from 42,054 and now we are 4,000 pips higher and you keep holding? If it is SA40 Cash is the interest that you get worth the loss as we go higher? 

#15406 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

That's a beautiful trade B. Well done, brother. 

Say, didn't you say you'd be closing all your longs as soon as they turned green after yesterdays price action? Why the change of plan, if I may ask? 

Well, let me put myself out there once again. Tomorrow, we'll probably revisit that low of 45783. Today's news (FOMC) will be bad news, because the market makers say it is. I may be wrong of course, which wouldn't be a first! 

Happy trading, brother. Well done once again.

Thanks Roundtree, i realised that i am better off as a day trader because this market is rigged and i can make money by buying the dips and selling the rallies, the trades that i closed were in profit so i decided to close them before they turn red again tomorrow if the FOMC minutes are bad news for our market. 

It doesn't hurt taking some profit and would be happy if we close that gap and low of leg C that Vertebrae mentioned because if that happens then i know long would be safer obviously the charts would guide me 

#15407 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I don't think anyone is thinking about a short right now; they've been short since 45783 (apart from Jakes, Delta and Blyth).

It's painful to be short, brother! 

Happy trading.

:wacko: Don't talk to me about pain. I still have a short running 42054, and since I have nothing to hide that short and only that one is R128 910.00 in the red. That is painful. Luckily I discovered you guys and now I've got a trading plan.   

#15408 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Anyone thinking about a short? And if yes, WHY

I don't think anyone is thinking about a short right now; they've been short since 45783 (apart from Jakes, Delta and Blyth).

It's painful to be short, brother! 

Happy trading.

Happy trading!

#15409 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Closed 3 of my longs for a total 220 pips, a total of 582 pips today but i must say i really got scared when we tested that 45,850 level and losses were running into some serious numbers luckily got out with a profit

That's a beautiful trade B. Well done, brother. 

Say, didn't you say you'd be closing all your longs as soon as they turned green after yesterdays price action? Why the change of plan, if I may ask? 

Well, let me put myself out there once again. Tomorrow, we'll probably revisit that low of 45783. Today's news (FOMC) will be bad news, because the market makers say it is. I may be wrong of course, which wouldn't be a first! 

Happy trading, brother. Well done once again.

Happy trading!

#15410 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Taken some profit @ 46300

Well done, brother. That really put a smile on my face. You've always been a lone ranger, sorta like Chuck Norris, buying when everyone's calling tops.

I'm watching you closely Jakes; and learning.

Well done once again, brother.

Thanks

Almost 500 pip profit.
I dont mind it at all.

Half of my exposure left.

So risk free from here.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#15411 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Closed 3 of my longs for a total 220 pips, a total of 582 pips today but i must say i really got scared when we tested that 45,850 level and losses were running into some serious numbers luckily got out with a profit

#15412 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Well done, brother. That really put a smile on my face. You've always been a lone ranger, sorta like Chuck Norris, buying when everyone's calling tops. 

I'm watching you closely Jakes; and learning.

Well done once again, brother.

Happy trading!

#15413 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

Anyone thinking about a short? And if yes, WHY

#15414 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#15415 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Order: 6 long @ 46248 

Don't jinx it, brother.

Actually that wasn't a good entry at all; I'm bailing out at 46280 and I plan to reenter at 46156 (today's low). If it goes all the way up without me, so be it!

Happy days.   

46280 is where I'm jumping off, brothers. That's if we get there this afternoon. If we don't, I'll hold to close tomorrow.

Happy trading.

It doesn't look like they will close those long positions today. But professionals never sell at a loss, they just might surprise us with a gap up tomorrow. Or a gap down. Regardless, all the gaps shall be closed. :P

And so I hold.

I don't think the move south is complete yet. For the bottom to be in, we have to see a retest of 45783 and then touch 45855 again just above it. After that, we may see 46280. If we shoot straight to 46280 without the retest of 45783, we will definitely be back here (45783) soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I see this current upmove only going up to 46030, which leaves me locked into this trade. My exit is at 46280 which will barely buy a pack of cigarettes. But it is what it is.

So I hold.  

Happy trading.

And out @ 46280 for a lousy 32 points (x 6 contracts). Regardless, it looks like the sky wasn't falling after all. As I said earlier, these crooks never sell at a loss. Tomorrow, I'll be looking for a better trade, that is, I'll be buying the dip below. 

WARNING: You will meet a tall, dark, snake-oil salesman offering you a subscription. Be careful. 

Happy trading!

#15416 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

These guys know exactly where the sell orders are; all this up and down movement is just a pathetic smokescreen. 46280.

Happy trading!

#15417 Hedge

Hedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Well done Beorn. I believed in the trade but did not have the guts to take it. European weakness a bit of a problem but Alsi is flying..

#15418 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Don't love it atm!!

A

Yes, you do! You love her to bits.

The thing is, you're worried about people who called the top at 43000. That's what your problem is, brother. 

You love her. See, she's doing this for a reason - don't get upset because she's shown you a bit of leg but all of a sudden she doesn't wanna put out! She will when the time's right. All you can do is just keep buying her chocolate and hope that pretty soon she gets fat, and all her suitors flee, leaving you with no competition.

Happy days.

Happy trading!

#15419 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

T40 futures gap closes @ 45647  with equal c leg to 45387 and under throw low 45159, all being buy signals.

When some people talk you just listen!

#15420 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

T40 futures gap closes @ 45647  with equal c leg to 45387 and under throw low 45159, all being buy signals.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting