35854 replies to this topic

#18081 Trader20k

Trader20k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Has anyone here used the Advanced Charts/ ProReal Time charts on IG? I have been having big problems with trend-lines out of sync on different (lower) time frames. For example, a trend line drawn on the weekly chart is completely out of place on the daily chart. While on the weekly, 4hr and 1hr one can see the trend line being touched (or even crossed) by the candle bars, on the daily the trend line is nowhere near the candles. Similar problems have been experienced with trend lines drawn on the daily or 4hr when you look at them on a lower time frame. I have even had trend lines drawn one above the other on the daily flipping around on the 4Hr with the line that was above on the daily appearing below on the 4hr. Has anyone had similar problems? Is the another charting package out there that one would recommend for the ALSI?

#18082 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Going to the bag the 1200 points, had a nice run!Minutes 4 down should soon kick off and next week is seasonally weak (week before earning season) so should be volatile, will go in lower again!

Important to watch this bullish channel for the possible primary IV top....47300ish is the level of the upper line (but more bullish action to come)!

A

Great stuff A! I've entered a couple of small shorts just to try catch the drop to minutes 4....i know you advised to wait....but couldn't resist..will add more as we go higher  :rolleyes:

#18083 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I have a theory about why this type of attitude of ignoring data and continue up is happening, Since 2008 more banks are using stocks to bolster the bottom line. The driving force is no longer long term but now concentrated in the short term or quarters. it is becoming about the numbers for last month, what can be done to improve this month, and what will my bonus be next month. When the financial markets do wake up (not any time soon) the correction will be interesting and violent. 

Thanks for the enlightenment. I can never get my head around the market’s apparent mind of its own while seemingly ignoring, what I would have considered to be very important fundamentals.

#18084 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Going to the bag the 1200 points, had a nice run!Minutes 4 down should soon kick off and next week is seasonally weak (week before earning season) so should be volatile, will go in lower again!

Important to watch this bullish channel for the possible primary IV top....47300ish is the level of the upper line (but more bullish action to come)!

A

Attached Files

"Never never never give up!"

#18085 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Major world markets all in the green, so does this mean, the local market ignores the countries economic woes and shoots to a new high?

I have a theory about why this type of attitude of ignoring data and continue up is happening, Since 2008 more banks are using stocks to bolster the bottom line. The driving force is no longer long term but now concentrated in the short term or quarters. it is becoming about the numbers for last month, what can be done to improve this month, and what will my bonus be next month. When the financial markets do wake up (not any time soon) the correction will be interesting and violent. 

#18086 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

...BHP on a burn in sydney :rolleyes:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#18087 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

Working with numbers (unpaid overtime) - and now (once again) we really will see....

attachicon.gifT40 Futures(15 Minutes)pro.png

thanks V...much appreciated!  :D

#18088 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Major world markets all in the green, so does this mean, the local market ignores the countries economic woes and shoots to a new high?

#18089 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Working with numbers (unpaid overtime) - and now (once again) we really will see....

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#18090 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Adding short 46554.Someone will start to see the risk and bad state of our economy strikes etc. Waves cannot be the only factor in the market, if it was so easy there wont be a market ja well a bear that is blowing of steam stupid should have kept my longs from way down then i could have bagged another 800 points well thats me on my knees for now Well done to you wave rider counters

IG CASH

#18091 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

sold out for the day, left 3 contracts for the night, very happy I was actually on the train for this run as I missed the last one, money in the bank feels good. 

#18092 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

thanks for your view re: EW Argento/Vertebrae

Twas brillig but beware the frumious Bandersnatch

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#18093 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

thanks for your view re: EW Argento/Vertebrae

#18094 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Last from me..posting to much! :lol:

On the 1st of a month like today if our market is so strong it normally indicates on a strong month ahead, not always the case but a good indicator to keep in mind...!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#18095 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

showing strong consolidation ..no signs of weakness yet, be cautious with those shorts guys

#18096 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Adding short willing to risk profit of last week top is in for today imo

Im inclined to agree but im not risking a short. :unsure:

#18097 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Adding short willing to risk profit of last week top is in for today imo

IG CASH

#18098 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I trade just the bigger waves, trying to catch the smaller ones let you sometimes stand on the platform and wait while the train carries on going! :P

Thing is with 3 and 5 waves is they can broke into 5 waves of there own..in your case I would wait for minute 4 and go long again, to go short is very risky with this type of strength..but congrats on your longs!

A

A

Thanks A, and thanks for great advice

#18099 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

another take...

(whilst knocking on heavens door)

attachicon.gifT40 Futures(15 Minutes).png

Should be attachment

#18100 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Think we are going to leave the US behind running up while they do nothing or even go down.... :rolleyes:

A

you may be right but I think we will continue up tomorrow, this thing wants to run

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting