#21 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

lol 26.96% - thats quite specific...

The results will probably be out in a day or two.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#22 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

FURTHER TRADING UPDATE

In accordance with paragraph 3.4 of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, a listed company is
required to publish a trading statement as soon as it becomes aware, with a reasonable degree of
certainty, that the financial results for the next period to be reported on are likely to vary by more
than 20% from the previous corresponding period.

The company expects an improvement of 26.96% in the headline earnings per share (“HEPS”) for the
six months ended 31 August 2013, from a headline profit of 31.63 cents per share reported on for
the six months ended 31 August 2012.

The company expects an improvement of 26.96% in earnings per share ("EPS") for the six months
ended 31 August 2013, from a earnings per share of 31.63 cents per share reported for the six
months ended 31 August 2012.Taking into account a pipeline in excess of R 10 billion over the next 5
years the group is well positioned for sustainable growth.

The company did not undertake any corporate action during the current financial year when
compared to the prior year.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based has not been reviewed or
reported on by the company’s auditors.

lol 26.96% - thats quite specific...

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#23 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

FURTHER TRADING UPDATE

In accordance with paragraph 3.4 of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, a listed company is
required to publish a trading statement as soon as it becomes aware, with a reasonable degree of
certainty, that the financial results for the next period to be reported on are likely to vary by more
than 20% from the previous corresponding period.

The company expects an improvement of 26.96% in the headline earnings per share (“HEPS”) for the
six months ended 31 August 2013, from a headline profit of 31.63 cents per share reported on for
the six months ended 31 August 2012.

The company expects an improvement of 26.96% in earnings per share ("EPS") for the six months
ended 31 August 2013, from a earnings per share of 31.63 cents per share reported for the six
months ended 31 August 2012.Taking into account a pipeline in excess of R 10 billion over the next 5
years the group is well positioned for sustainable growth.

The company did not undertake any corporate action during the current financial year when
compared to the prior year.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based has not been reviewed or
reported on by the company’s auditors.

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#24 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

That is the long awaited close above 6 . If it confirms tomorrow we should be in for a nice ride up.

Been slow and steady going since the break through R6. closed at 6.64 yesterday but average volume.

Still offering excellent value in a fairly overpriced market. Results out soon too.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#25 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Griffin

Will get back to you tomorrow morning..

Had a busy day today..

Edited by Perreby, 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#26 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

That is the long awaited close above 6 . If it confirms tomorrow we should be in for a nice ride up.

about time

#27 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

#28 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Difficult to say on ranges as the period is not finished yet. I suppose we will again see a 'further trading update' towards the end of Sept.

Should rocket tomorrow.

Couldn't resist, added some more :D

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#29 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Well called gamma, trading statement is out! Predictions for the ranges? :rolleyes:

Difficult to say on ranges as the period is not finished yet. I suppose we will again see a 'further trading update' towards the end of Sept.

Should rocket tomorrow.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#30 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Last couple years toward end of July they have issued a trading statement. Expect something between now and mid August.

IMO...If you are going to get in now is the time

Well called gamma, trading statement is out! Predictions for the ranges? :rolleyes:

#31 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Any updates / opinions on Calgro? Am interested in getting in

Last couple years toward end of July they have issued a trading statement. Expect something between now and mid August.

IMO...If you are going to get in now is the time

#32 newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Any updates / opinions on Calgro? Am interested in getting in

#33 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

CGR could benefit from this

http://www.timeslive...ow-cost-housing

#34 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Guess its a feather in Calgro's cap that they are not involved in this mess. At least I hope so. I don't see them mentioned in any of the info out so far.

Is it possible that a few companies in the sector will struggle with cash flow as a result of the fines, which may mean more opportunity for CGR?

#35 Geko

Geko

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Any more opinions on this one. I hold currently but looking to get more. To me the current price appears reasonable, as was expecting more of a jump after the last results...

Another link to look at:

http://www.smallcaps...te-on-calgro-m3

and the rough evaluation included in that link

(he does hold it though)

#36 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Would be interesting to see.. it seems they've got their relations with Govt in order but nevertheless, I'll stick around with this one! Too much going for it, but then again we all felt that way about Litha and look what it is doing currently :angry:

looked around but couldnt find a clear answer to this.

#37 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

No, you make a good point.

I haven't been able to figure out exactly what % of their revenue is from Govt. Certainly some of it is.

Will dig around a bit more..

Would be interesting to see.. it seems they've got their relations with Govt in order but nevertheless, I'll stick around with this one! Too much going for it, but then again we all felt that way about Litha and look what it is doing currently :angry:

#38 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

from last night

http://www.abndigita...lgro-Hot-or-Not

#39 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Gamma are they getting most of their income from GOVT????

if so ill keep away!!! I don't know, juts asking...

No, you make a good point.

I haven't been able to figure out exactly what % of their revenue is from Govt. Certainly some of it is.

Will dig around a bit more..

#40 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Gamma are they getting most of their income from GOVT????

if so ill keep away!!! I don't know, juts asking...

Reading Keith's rationale I can't really fault it..

Fact is, demand will drive growth for awhile

There margins have improved in the last set of results

Management seems good.

Yes the industry is cyclical but the segment they are operating in is probably less so.

Would love to hear some downsides from anyone that can point some out but I'm not seeing many myself

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting